BPAS PODCAST: 14th Nov '22, S3:E15: Darren Royle Part 1

30 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Frank Rothwell openly re-iterated it himself on national television, when his televised cameo from Greenfield was shown before the Wrexham game. Well, not strictly true - because he actually said the purchase had cost him £13million (I think the interviewer was doing a comparison with the Wrexham purchase at £3m and asking who had got better value?!).

I thought you were done? :D 

Anyway, I think you are correct there. And, FWIW, when The Hollywood Playthings Superstars get promoted, if the two benefactors don't considerably up the ante, they will soon be found out. I genuinely believe Latics' structure is going to be more stable than Wrexham's, in the long run.

For their fans' sake, the best of luck to them.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it matter how much he paid and what he paid for?

It's Frank's money not ours and he paid what he thought he had to to save us!

We appear to have a debt free club with a plan to move forward...which is better than we could have hoped for only a short time ago.

Whether it was good value or not is irrelevant.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think the ignore facility should be best used for "pete" I mean he must know that none of us believe a word he says.

Yeah you're right. I've engaged a bit previously but will stop now. It all feels too orchestrated with a deliberate motive of stoking unrest.

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Yeah you're right. I've engaged a bit previously but will stop now. It all feels too orchestrated with a deliberate motive of stoking unrest.

Ofcourse it is, its propaganda and Barry sent out his boot lickers to go and do his dirty work for him on social media. Not sure what they are getting out of it though.

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Another reminder of the strides forward we are making off the pitch. 

Oldham Times article

Noticed this quote 

When I came in I didn’t even know where the Under 18s trained. 

This definitely isn't true cos he asked them to move during his first week so they could train on the 3G instead of them ahead of the Bromley match...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Noticed this quote 

This definitely isn't true cos he asked them to move during his first week so they could train on the 3G instead of them ahead of the Bromley match...

Don't know how to to make the bottom paragraph normal font...

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Another reminder of the strides forward we are making off the pitch. 

Oldham Times article

It’s great to see, but I am getting sick of Unsy talking about eating together integrating teams, or the importance of a B team- when we can’t win a game or score a goal. 

I think the next manager will reap of a lot of what is being sowed. 

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Noticed this quote 

This is my point. 

I know we aren’t winning. . . but look at what I have asked for in the canteen. 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

This is my point. 

I know we aren’t winning. . . but look at what I have asked for in the canteen. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is he supposed to refuse to answer any questions about the structure of the club until we start winning games? 

Just now, nzlatic said:

Is he supposed to refuse to answer any questions about the structure of the club until we start winning games? 

Silly question. 

I’m saying it’s frustrating to listen to him deflect his short comings and hide behind the fantastic work the club is implementing. 

I don’t sporting director type comments, that’s what DR is for- I want him to do his job and win games. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Silly question. 

I’m saying it’s frustrating to listen to him deflect his short comings and hide behind the fantastic work the club is implementing. 

I don’t sporting director type comments, that’s what DR is for- I want him to do his job and win games. 

Then don't read the articles or watch any of his interviews? I get its frustrating, I'm as sick of losing as the next fan. But if a reporter is asking him questions about that sort of stuff what do you expect him to say?

Silly question. 

I have only read the link article, but where in that is he 'hiding' and 'deflecting'? His comments seem to make good sense and reflect good practice.

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Then don't read the articles or watch any of his interviews? I get its frustrating, I'm as sick of losing as the next fan. But if a reporter is asking him questions about that sort of stuff what do you expect him to say?

You’re missing the point. 

I read the article because Glossop said- more good work at the club- I was expecting Frank/DR/Comminuty trust stuff. 

If someone had said - Unsworth talking about the infrastructure again- I’d have given it a miss. 

I really enjoyed the DR on the pod this week, and he is who I want to listen to regarding this sort of stuff. The Rothwell’s and Co are the club. Not Unsworth- who is just piggy backing on their good work to mask his own failings. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I read the article because Glossop said- more good work at the club- I was expecting Frank/DR/Comminuty trust stuff. 

If someone had said - Unsworth talking about the infrastructure again- I’d have given it a miss. 

I really enjoyed the DR on the pod this week, and he is who I want to listen to regarding this sort of stuff. The Rothwell’s and Co are the club. Not Unsworth- who is just piggy backing on their good work to mask his own failings. 

Don't be too negative pal, @WorcesterOwl will be on your case...

Do you not think Unsworth will have had a fairly important role and say in how things off the pitch are improving, eg the academy & B team set ups, better facilities for the players and staff.

I'm confident alot of DUs experiences off and on the pitch over his years will be tapped into by those running the club. 

I belieive he will be more than just the coach at present. 

The question we should be asking ourselves is will these incremental changes that we are making off the pitch eventually add up to on the pitch results? I believe they will.

I think this season is the bottom we won't go lower than this. Progress is sometimes painful and this final bit of bottoming out won't be easy but we will get through it and things will start to get better. Will it be with this manager in charge who knows, we know it needs to get better on the pitch. But when I look at the bigger picture usually about this time of the week after I have gotten over another despairing defeat I only see it getting better.

23 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Do you not think Unsworth will have had a fairly important role and say in how things off the pitch are improving, eg the academy & B team set ups, better facilities for the players and staff.

I'm confident alot of DUs experiences off and on the pitch over his years will be tapped into by those running the club. 

I belieive he will be more than just the coach at present. 

Yeah, he’s clearly asked and advised on lots of things- all of which it looks like the club has granted; and as Glossop said the infrastructure will be really good for whoever is in charge. And that’s point - he asked the club for these things to help him win football matches. The club have done their part, he isn’t doing his bit. 

You can’t build something without results. 

37 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not Unsworth- who is just piggy backing on their good work to mask his own failings. 

I look at it differently… by (rightly) praising all the good work that has gone on so far in building a proper footballing structure, he is also making the rod for his own back much bigger and heavier if he doesn’t turn things around on the pitch. 🤔

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Noticed this quote 

Not knowing on his first day and not knowing "in his first week" aren't quite the same thing, but of course you know this

Archived