Unsworth

4 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Once you lose the supporters, there isn't a way back. As a manager, you do everything in your power to endear yourself, to show you're 100% committed to the cause and demonstrate that you're hurting if it's not going your way.

Stubbornness just doesn't prevail in the end. Unsworth could play this so much better, even if he just isn't up to the task or the job in hand - and the scale of the rebuild - has caught him by surprise. But by attempting to bullshit the fans, to gaslight and to treat them with any level of contempt is a one-way ticket out. Ronnie tried it, Dave Penney too. Shitpeas and the Lemsegams declared war on us. But ultimately, every time resulted in the same thing.

The only way forward for him is results to go our way and performance levels to rise. His stock in the eyes of the majority can't get lower.

Pretty well what I've been saying for the past few weeks starting at Bromley away

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Disagree.

If or when he starts to win games all this controversy will melt away. It will make no difference whether you like him or not if he starts to win games.

Disagree. Respectfully, of course.

An unloved manager is only ever one bad run of form away from the fans turning.

He’s finished.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

You are answering your own point's. If he starts to win it will melt away-if he continues to lose he will get dogs abuse. Nowt to do with alienating fans.

This is a club who's fans are desperate for some form of success-if he manages to produce something-anything, he will easily win fans over.

As an aside or example. Did you see City tonight? Booed off at HT, cheered off at FT. Fickle lot footie fans.

My mate backed Spurs to win with Bet365. They pay out if your selection goes two up. With the payout he backed City to win. I reckon that's bet of the year decided in the third week of January!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

We are a few months into what is a presumably a medium to long term plan, nobody should be demanding results at this stage.

Well I’m demanding results! Eight to be precise. That would be enough to avoid the humiliation of a relegation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Greek said:

Well I’m demanding results! Eight to be precise. That would be enough to avoid the humiliation of a relegation.

We are so entitled aren’t we- imagine demanding that we don’t go down again following two relegations in four years. I don’t know who we think we are. . . 😂

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:07 PM, Wardie said:

I thought the floodlights were going to be sorted with LED replacements...or did I dream that?

You'll be pleased to know a workman has just climbed up one of the pylons dragging a bag behind him presumably containing new bulbs.

10 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Sure he has the talent to go right to the top.

Q: How many football players does it take to screw in a lightbulb ?

A: 15 - One to put the bulb in, 10 to kiss him afterwards, and the other side's back four to all stand around and put their hands up.

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

How many Oldham Athletic managers does it take to change a lighbulb?

None. He'd get his assistant to do it and tell you that was what was planned all along and, not wanting to climb a floodlight does not make him a shithouse. 

And the fitting went well in training.😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

How many Oldham Athletic managers does it take to change a lighbulb?

None. He'd get his assistant to do it and tell you that was what was planned all along and, not wanting to climb a floodlight does not make him a shithouse. 

🤣...... 👏

6 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Surely Everton are doing so badly they need Unsworth back to rescue them. I'm sure that if the price was right we could let him go.

I'm not sure Frank can stretch to pay them too much, but we could have a whip round.

Edited by bigfatjoe1
  • Like 1