Unsworth

15 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I've noticed lots of what I can only assume as  free tickets  been handed out to increase crowd figures in the family stand.

Free tickets shouldn't be counted in attendances. I'd like to know a separate figure..how many actually pay at the gate on the day?

Surely there cant be any fans left who think Unsworthy is doing a good job.I gave up on him after the Altrincham away game on a night match after previously giving him the benefit  of my doubts.

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Surely there cant be any fans left who think Unsworthy is doing a good job.I gave up on him after the Woking away game on a night match after previously giving him the benefit  of my doubts.

I tried to believe given time and stability things would improve on the pitch.

Its absolutely garbage whats being served up. 

Very poor tacticts by a manager who just seems to get by winning the odd game.

I can see no reason to trust he will succeed, no improvements, no matter what they say.

Must go now

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I tried to believe given time and stability things would improve on the pitch.

Its absolutely garbage whats being served up. 

Very poor tacticts by a manager who just seems to get by winning the odd game.

I can see no reason to trust he will succeed, no improvements, no matter what they say.

Must go now

Even the games we have won bar one have  not been convincing and even the worst statistician in the world would have predicted better fayre. With the funds given this clown.If he had guts he'd  go himself. 

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Surely there cant be any fans left who think Unsworthy is doing a good job.I gave up on him after the Woking away game on a night match after previously giving him the benefit  of my doubts.

Feels a bit unfair - he hadn't even taken over by the Woking game... 

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

I've been going to Boundary park for the past 57 years. Seen good and bad, but never this bad. I'll be meeting Darren socially in a few weeks. I knew him when he was a pharmaceutical rep. I suppose his answers to my questions will be diplomatic but I can't wait to hear them.

Tell him straight and ask for straight answer.

Here's a novel idea, how about playing 11 players who will give full commitment for 90 minutes. I know its hard to find another 8 outfield players to add to Sutton and Yarney, but in a squad of around 40 surely we can find some who look as though they actually care about putting a shift in and winning matches.

Edited by BP1960

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Here's a novel idea, how about playing 11 players who will give full commitment for 90 minutes. I know its hard to find another 8 outfield players to add to Sutton and Yarney, but in a squad of around 40 surely we can find some who look as though they actually care about putting a shift in and winning matches.

To be honest if I was managed by someone so uninspiring I'd probably lose the will along the way, you can't blame the team from wilting when they are being led the way they are.

He also has a captain who'd probably struggle to catch in half the teams in the Oldham Sunday League at the minute and a midfield set up to try and protect the same player, a centre half who looks like he's won a raffle getting a two year contract with us and a shadow of the player i remember from recent seasons.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He doesn't help himself with his post match comments, does he...?

Don't know what you're on about... he strikes me as the kind of quick witted and decisive man to lead us in to the National League North. He'll get us there, we just have to back him... 

• Like 3

I'm assuming that he's not going to be sacked, I've got no problem if the board decide to make that call between now and the end of the season.

Obviously he needs to keep us up as a bare minimum, but he also needs to show clear signs that he can take us forward next season.

One of the most damning stats so far is that he has not achieved back-to-back wins in 90 minutes in his 27 games in charge (I'm including cup games because we've fielded as good as full strength teams).  This club needs to be looking to push up the league next season and that stat is not something that shows progress at all.

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Free tickets shouldn't be counted in attendances. I'd like to know a separate figure..how many actually pay at the gate on the day?

Why not? An attendance figure is the number of people attending. 
You may want pay on the gate on the day but that excludes anyone who has bought a ticket in advance, so is meaningless. 
There have always been complimentary tickets , and probably always will be. 

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/11/20/16675674/david-unsworth-shouldnt-be-managing-everton-tactical-analysis-crystal-palace-sigurdsson-schneiderlin

The Royles knew all this about him and still gave him the job. Yet, some people keep saying they trust the people who are running the club to make the right decisions because we have competent people in charge now. I've seen no evidence of that yet and please don't tell me they've opened a fans bar because frankly i'm not interested in that. If I want a bar to go to on a Saturday afternoon I can find far better ones than that, I go on a Saturday first and foremost for the football and that is the worst it's ever been.

13 hours ago, Flemboy said:

We walked out of that match after 10 minutes of the second half 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/11/20/16675674/david-unsworth-shouldnt-be-managing-everton-tactical-analysis-crystal-palace-sigurdsson-schneiderlin

The Royles knew all this about him and still gave him the job. Yet, some people keep saying they trust the people who are running the club to make the right decisions because we have competent people in charge now. I've seen no evidence of that yet and please don't tell me they've opened a fans bar because frankly i'm not interested in that. If I want a bar to go to on a Saturday afternoon I can find far better ones than that, I go on a Saturday first and foremost for the football and that is the worst it's ever been.

That could be a review of a recent Latics match.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I accept he's not doing great, but giving up on him before he even took over is a bit strong...