MATCH: Notts County (A) 26/12/22

I'm convinced our spiral into the abyss, without a semblance of hope or trust in the manager or players, is conected to the non completion of the ground purchase.  

It beggars belief Frank, Joe and Darren have involved themselves with a youth team coach with no managerial experience and a bunch of, for the most part, totally hopeless footballers who are out passed in every home game I've seen this season. I missed the Wrexham game. 

If our freefall is not conected to the stadium ownership we're stuffed. Unsworth's 3yr contract is for better football brains than mine to explain. Surly they are dwelling on that now.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mikeroyboy said:

I'm convinced our spiral into the abyss, without a semblance of hope or trust in the manager or players, is conected to the non completion of the ground purchase.  

It beggars belief Frank, Joe and Darren have involved themselves with a youth team coach with no managerial experience and a bunch of, for the most part, totally hopeless footballers who are out passed in every home game I've seen this season. I missed the Wrexham game. 

If our freefall is not conected to the stadium ownership we're stuffed. Unsworth's 3yr contract is for better football brains than mine to explain. Surly they are dwelling on that now.

Don't give them excuses

4 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

WTF!…..That is the most ridiculous post I’ve read on here in a long long time!!!

Sometimes a plan just doesn’t work for whatever reason. This is what we are seeing now. Seemed a decent idea initially although people did have their doubts about the appointment. But with the people he has around him and the support of the board there can be no more excuses. It isn’t working and a change needs to made . 18 games in I think and not a glimmer of progress . Every week that passes I think we are turning a corner possibly, hopefully, surely, only to have my worst fears realised, wrong appointment. That’s it. 

6 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

PeteG has a new account 

3 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

The club has stated the reasons why there has been a delay and when it is expected to go through, so technically it's not a "non-completion" and scare mongering comes to mind, besides, if a fall-through was on the cards, surely investment in new players would not be happening.

I really don't understand your post.

"I feel so sorry for Frank Rothwell, he doesn’t deserve this shit."

Me too.  Doing all the right things and it's coming out wrong.

Two more quotes from the Nott's fine commentary:

“Oldham’s defence may have got nearer to seeing Father Christmas than our attack”

“Austin is man of the match. When they come off Oldham will have to check him out, to see what he looks like”

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Notts making wholesale subs and resting players… after 67 minutes. 

Notts manager thinks at HT ‘Better not overdo it today as we’re playing this lot again next week - if we score many more they might replace Unsworth with someone who knows what he’s doing before then.

Hence no second half goals 😉.

Just now, addigitalwebdesign said:

What a waste of £9.50. I’ve supported Unsworth but I can’t defend that, as good as Notts are as a team

Their commentary team was worth the money, the most knowledgeable and wittiest I've heard.

Post match interview is complete BS. No one who saw the game can think that the team made an effort in either half. The idea that County were a special team is nonsense. Any team looks good if the opposition isn’t prepared to get in their faces and make them work and won’t put bodies on the line when they need to.

Pidge for all the stick he got, at least made headers blocks and tackles. I dream we had something similar now!

Archived