Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

On 6/25/2023 at 5:34 PM, dannyboy55555 said:

Ogle is very good 

Does anyone think that an improved offer will get this over the line in the same manner of their keeper, or is it a smokescreen for Golden?

DU did mention an incoming today...

Probably Winchester!

Hopefully not.

Edited by L1onheartNew

DU did mention an incoming today

He actually said one and possibly two by Monday…I suspect Ogle was the expected one.

He went back with an improved offer for Nuttall …I suppose it depends on how much he wants him and whether or not there’s the possibility of a new bid for Golden.

Would he be interested in signing both?

32 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Does anyone think that an improved offer will get this over the line in the same manner of their keeper, or is it a smokescreen for Golden?

DU did mention an incoming today...

Probably Winchester!

Hopefully not.

We could do a lot worse than Winchester…..at least we know he can actually play football!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We could do a lot worse than Winchester…..at least we know he can actually play football!!

Depends on money I suppose, but think he'd be a shoe-in for a League 1 or 2 club.

Personally I'd rather the money be spent on young hungry players but Winchester would be perfect at playing the ball out of defence, either in midfield or right back.

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Depends on money I suppose, but think he'd be a shoe-in for a League 1 or 2 club.

Personally I'd rather the money be spent on young hungry players but Winchester would be perfect at playing the ball out of defence, either in midfield or right back.

How old will winch be now ?

Don't sign Winchester!

Sign a proper right back. Still as suggesting former players go it's better than Connor Brown.

Don't anyone dare suggest Connor Brown if anyone does I'm reporting it to admin. Anyone thinks that's a good idea should be banned.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I've recommended a young EFL promotion winning right back released because the club have his position covered.

Other clubs interesed so I'll  keep tabs on him.

Why can’t you say who?

other clubs are already aware apparently. 

7 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Can't really agree with you there, it may alert other clubs and increase competition for his signature.

When he gets fixed up, here or elsewhere, is the time to name him IMOP.

Do you think football clubs are unaware of who is available/on the free agents list?

And even if this was the case, do you think they are searching through threads of a national league club's forum in the hope a volunteer scout posts a name of a recommendation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Do you think football clubs are unaware of who is available/on the free agents list?

And even if this was the case, do you think they are searching through threads of a national league club's forum in the hope a volunteer scout posts a name of a recommendation?

Probably not but still can't see the point of publicising any interest, real or fanciful.

1 hour ago, LaticsLegend said:

Read my post again, I said I've informed the club.

BTW a lot can be gained from reading fans forums, they've probably seen their clubs players countless times and if the vast majority think he's good it's worth noting.

I often used to stand with fans in cognito when scouting a player, it's all good knowledge.

My old boss Peter Taylor did too.