Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

On 6/5/2023 at 1:05 PM, BP1960 said:

Why July?  It's a 5 minute job on a computer these days. 

On 6/5/2023 at 2:04 PM, rudemedic said:

It's not. The computers can do it in a few minutes but the complexities have to be accounted for. If the computers were left to randomly allocate fixtures then there would be a chance Liverpool and Everton would both be at home on the weekend of the National. Or United and City would be at home to both Arsenal and Tottenham on the same weekend.

On 6/5/2023 at 2:13 PM, BP1960 said:

Not these days @rudemedic, as we have read Ai is taking over humans now. Wont be long before there's robot football teams programmed by Roy Keane. 😁

On 6/6/2023 at 12:53 PM, Ackey said:

I could create an Excel file to avoid that in 10 minutes, never mind anything written by someone competent!

You codify that as data and then tell the system what can and can't happen - I am sure (because this is English football we're talking about) that it's done by a string of manual and complex processes. But technology has been capable of doing far more complicated things than "IF Everton = HOME, THEN Liverpool != HOME" for at least 30 years.

On 6/6/2023 at 1:59 PM, BP1960 said:

The National League might still be working with bits of folded paper hence the far later release. 

Well they do rely on clubs completing a survey, and considering the  part-time nature of a number of clubs it probably has more variables.

Full article 

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/how-are-the-vanarama-national-league-fixtures-comp-76860

11 hours ago, diggleblue said:

I meant a mesiah in his belief in his own coaching ability, not as a manager. I believe he over coaches his players instead of allowing players to express themselves. This in my opinion will always cause conflict within a squad.eg Rooney,Tollitt,

Happy to be wrong.

You've already been proved wrong you just can't admit it.

As the bit about him believing he's a messiah and he over Coaches the players is just a load of made up drivel to suit your agenda.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Interesting point that. 

Do you you prefer them days of little contact with anybody or the social media age? 

I don’t know anybody on here, but I really enjoy having internet Latics fans to talk to. 

There are plusses and minuses to both.

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

Interesting point that. 

Do you you prefer them days of little contact with anybody or the social media age? 

I don’t know anybody on here, but I really enjoy having internet Latics fans to talk to. 

personally it is better but on the grand scheme it is a negative. the club just need to do their best and use it for their own benefit, which they seem able to do.

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

It was great when you got the Chronicle on a Friday and knew the team for Saturday. 

How I miss that.

Edit. I just had a huge memory whiff of Newspaper and Print from my paper round; and running after the kid that took my paper bag and dumlping his papers on the floor as I got the bag back.

Edited by L1onheartNew

17 hours ago, League one forever said:

Interesting point that. 

I try to avoid Twitter from a Latics perspective as it is a cesspool and some people take it far too seriously

Having a messageboard like this and getting different perspectives/opinions is great though. Most people on here are pretty switched on, either if opinions occasionally differ.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I try to avoid Twitter from a Latics perspective as it is a cesspool and some people take it far too seriously

Having a messageboard like this and getting different perspectives/opinions is great though. Most people on here are pretty switched on, either if opinions occasionally differ.

Yeah, it’s serene on here compared to twitter- which is a very strange place. 

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, it’s serene on here compared to twitter- which is a very strange place. 

And now its even weirder thanks to Elons latest weeze to make his $44m disappear up his own fundement 

I really enjoy the message board, particularly as an exile. I don't mind twitter either tbh, I just walk past the stuff I don't like and ignore it.

The board, the pod, the blog and the call-in mean I've got as much Latics content as I could want and agree, much of the content across all four is interesting and well informed. I'm getting soft in my old age but I do wish we could be kinder to each other when we disagree. 

So big up to everyone on the board, looking forward to sharing the highs and lows of what should be an exciting season with all of you.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I really enjoy the message board, particularly as an exile. I don't mind twitter either tbh, I just walk past the stuff I don't like and ignore it.

The board, the pod, the blog and the call-in mean I've got as much Latics content as I could want and agree, much of the content across all four is interesting and well informed. I'm getting soft in my old age but I do wish we could be kinder to each other when we disagree. 

So big up to everyone on the board, looking forward to sharing the highs and lows of what should be an exciting season with all of you.

A lot easier to ignore twitter at the minute because the app just isn't working! His cars look good but Musk has made a right mess of twitter.

1 hour ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm getting soft in my old age but I do wish we could be kinder to each other when we disagree. 

You rarely see anyone say something along the lines of “fair point, hadn’t thought of that” on the internet. Much more common if you were chatting face to face. 

It’s easier to have more entrenched views on the internet or tweak the argument slightly rather than be seen to back down. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 6:36 PM, Monty Burns said:

agreed. anythin to shut that borin Monty cunt up with his theories and analogies ffs

@League one forever

look at this its called self deprecation. now, lm not asking you to be totally crazy like me, but if you can laugh at yourself every now and then it will stop you getting paranoid n confused leading you to start arguing with people for no actual reason.

you would have been better responding to my actual post disecting it like an adult, rather than pointedly ignoring it and then getting upset over something else l said a day later