Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

2 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

that was his second spell, his first spell under mellon he got 8 in 19. his breakthrough season however was at Morecambe where he scored 23 goals in league one during the 21/22 season.

So it’s him then ? 

Manager Micky Mellon stated that "he's a good size and he uses his physique very well. He knows how to use his frame and his strength... he's got an unbelievable strike on him [and] he's a good finisher... but he’s not going to run channels for you and things like that".

Re Stockton

Low risk, cheap signing. Been on loan at Morecambe but recalled by Blackburn due to lack of playing time. A few of their fans say they’d liked to have seen more of him. 
Welcome.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Tyler Golden? 

I really rate him. Think he only has about six months left on his contract at Halifax. Tenacious and gets up and down the right flank. Probably would need a fee but should be a target for next summer imo.

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Never heard of him. 

Had you heard of Stones before he joined?

If we are signing young players on loan then unless you are a proper football enthusiast it is unlikely you would have heard of them.

I trust Mickey's judgement so let's see.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Ethan Walker confirmed on loan til end of season.

Not overly enthused, but I am a grumpy bastard.

It's hard to imagine who we could realistically sign that would really fire up the enthusiasm levels of us grumpy bastards.  What's Bahamboula up to these days?  I've seen his highlights reel...

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Low risk, cheap signing. Been on loan at Morecambe but recalled by Blackburn due to lack of playing time. A few of their fans say they’d liked to have seen more of him. 
Welcome.

No signing is guaranteed, but Id like more proven at this stage of the season, we need players who will definitely make the difference not punts. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

You know that brought a smile to my face - and it wasn't the bit about Ethan walker!! 🤣

12 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Same. 

But let’s see. 

We're likely to get this a lot with loanees aren't we? I must admit, I was similar when we signed Stones, but that melted away quickly after watching him at Solihull.

Looks pacey with high energy which are qualities we've been sorely missing. He was bounced out of Morecambe through lack of opportunities so it's fair to assume he'll be a starter here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

No signing is guaranteed, but Id like more proven at this stage of the season, we need players who will definitely make the difference not punts. 

Tend to agree, but if we are somewhat restricted in terms of finances this january then i’d rather save the bulk for a proven midfielder and rb/rwb.

I like the idea of getting a player like this in. Depends on his ability of course, but a forward who is pacy and can play wide or central is missing from the squad and opens up being able to play different formations without having to play some out of position.