Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

8 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

My word. I was starting to think that those of us that thought there was a player in there somewhere were deluding ourselves, but if Daryl Clarke rates him 🤔 

Dodged one not bringing in the young and progressive Daryl Clarke as manager by the looks of it.

Edited by yarddog73

Odd one Nuttall, he looked a real handful when playing for Scunthorpe at BP. I think he scored and it was 1-1. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to be another who flops here but does well elsewhere.

Not surprised that it hasn't worked out for Willoughby, but I couldn't fault his endeavour so good luck to him.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Indeed.

Hope they all get decent moves.  Not sure the club's recruitment strategy has been fair to a couple of them - particularly Willoughby..

Have to agree with this.  While I was delighted with us getting Norwood in, it showed the lack of joined up thinking with our summer recruitment.  I'm sure Willoughby would've expected to get a real shot at proving his worth when he initially came in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Have to agree with this.  While I was delighted with us getting Norwood in, it showed the lack of joined up thinking with our summer recruitment.  I'm sure Willoughby would've expected to get a real shot at proving his worth when he initially came in.

Genuinely was bad timing for Kurt and by the time his chance came he simply wasn't good enough, move will do him good and he probably goes with everyone's best wishes.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Mixed feelings on Kurt. 

He never got a run, but didn’t really impress in the minutes he got. 

Be good for him to have a fresh start, you don’t score 20 goals in a season without having something about you. 

Depends on the level. While scoring 20 in a season at any level is not to be sniffed at, it doesn't mean you'll score half or even a quarter of that at the level above.

I can cite loads of our former players where the form at the level below didn't transfer to the level above and that was going from fully professional to fully professional. Not mostly semi-pro to mostly professional.