Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

5 hours ago, TwistingMyMellon said:

I agree he hasn't been great but he hasn't been out of place in our team. We are garbage.

Yes but what pisses me off is the constant barracking and ubuse of individual players until they are out of the team .Lets see who the next victim will be.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Yes but what pisses me off is the constant barracking and ubuse of individual players until they are out of the team .Lets see who the next victim will be.

Some people just need to be outraged by something all the time. People claiming Nuttall is worst signing in however many decades. Some people just love some drama and hyperbole 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Some people just need to be outraged by something all the time. People claiming Nuttall is worst signing in however many decades. Some people just love some drama and hyperbole 

Well, he's been a terrible purchase made at the club's lowest point for over a century.  So he wouldn't be far off.

• Like 2

Well has he? or is he just a victim poor recruitment . We were already relegated before he arrived . I dont disagree to much with what you are saying . But its the abuse thats hurled at the players that has to stop.

Just now, penrhyn said:

Well has he? or is he just a victim poor recruitment . We were already relegated before he arrived . I dont disagree to much with what you are saying . But its the abuse thats hurled at the players that has to stop.

You'll have to give us a clue as to who you are referring to.

On 2/2/2024 at 2:30 PM, nzlatic said:

It's guesswork though unless you have his data. When it comes to style, you could have 2 players cover the exact same distance over 90 minutes but you'd think one covered more because of their style. There are loads of other variables too - such as what are they being asked to do? 

Eh? Are you saying I’m incapable of being able to tell who has run more in a game without the data. . 

Can you be more specific on how two players can cover the same distance but appear not to. Do you mean their running gate? 

Joe Nuttall didn’t have languid or strange gate - he was just lazy and unwilling to compete. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh? Are you saying I’m incapable of being able to tell who has run more in a game without the data. . 

Can you be more specific on how two players can cover the same distance but appear not to. Do you mean their running gate? 

Joe Nuttall didn’t have languid or strange gate - he was just lazy and unwilling to compete. 

It was a general “you”. I think it’s possible that 2 players could cover the same ground but it appear one has done more than the other. But it’s not like I’ve done experiments on that theory or anything.

If you feel confident to know 100% that someone is lazy by watching a football match and having no other information to hand that’s fair enough, I’m not going to argue with you!

55 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It was a general “you”. I think it’s possible that 2 players could cover the same ground but it appear one has done more than the other. But it’s not like I’ve done experiments on that theory or anything.

If you feel confident to know 100% that someone is lazy by watching a football match and having no other information to hand that’s fair enough, I’m not going to argue with you!

I’m not arguing - I’m debating. 😁 I just think it’s obvious sometimes when an individual isn’t trying. 

If you have two central midfielders I can understand your point that’s it’s hard to differentiate who has done more running/competing without the data. 

If you have two strikers and one puts in a shift in and the other doesn’t it becomes obvious. Fondop for example shows Nuttall up in that sense every game. 

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Still no sign of this 4-3-3? Walker travelled and wasn't included in the squad...

You would hope all his signings have been brought in to improve the team and would initially be in the match day squad as a minimum, very strange……

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Still no sign of this 4-3-3? Walker travelled and wasn't included in the squad...

To bring in two quality strikers in adding to the one we have in Norwood suggests he wants to play with three up front. None of of them have been brought in to sit on the bench. Dallas has through lack of match fitness, but once up to speed I expect he'll start.

However the injury to Norwood will likely mean we'll be playing two up front for the foreseeable anyway.

45 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

To bring in two quality strikers in adding to the one we have in Norwood suggests he wants to play with three up front. None of of them have been brought in to sit on the bench. Dallas has through lack of match fitness, but once up to speed I expect he'll start.

However the injury to Norwood will likely mean we'll be playing two up front for the foreseeable anyway.

433 does not mean 3 strikes. It’s one number 9 and wide forwards. Garner, Norwood and Fondop are all the central players.

The signings make no sense.

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

433 does not mean 3 strikes. It’s one number 9 and wide forwards. Garner, Norwood and Fondop are all the central players.

Unless the plan is to stick to 2 up front and play Garner and Norwood/Dallas. 

Dallas is on loan remember, it’s not the end of the world if he’s not playing every minute. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Are you saying Dallas and Garner cannot play in a wide forward role?

3 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Are you saying Dallas and Garner cannot play in a wide forward role?

Wouldn't pretend to know much about Dallas but all the reports seem to suggest he was better through the middle, Garner has certainly played the vast majority of his career centrally.

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I think Dallas can. Norwood and Garner can’t given they are experienced number 9s. 

Saying that, Dallas looked like he couldn’t move yesterday. I slated Hammond for his sub appearances so I will slate him. Looked and absolute raffle winner and couldn’t touch the ball. 

Was shafted by playing in the middle mind. 

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

exaggeration

Not really….he’s been here a month now and was training regularly at Morecambe before that so surely is good to go…..I just find it strange he travelled yesterday but couldn’t even get in the match day squad.

I would expect that any players signed by MM should be good enough to go straight in, especially as the reason he was recalled by Blackburn was because he wasn’t getting game time!