MATCH: vs Southend (A) 05/08/23

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Xmas morning when you were a kid  … you rush downstairs to see if you got that one present you’ve been asking for all year…

You rip off the wrapping paper hoping and hoping - and then….

Absolutely! So will today be the millennium falcon or a bootleg copy of ferris bueller’s on betamax?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

I think many of us appreciate your passion and understand ( a bit) of your personality.

RHB was trying to be helpful about the situation down there and chatting about players.

Your -shall we say 'unfiltered' responses- could easily have been seen as needlessly aggressive.

No damage done, I have a very thick skin and now I understand the circumstances better I will respond accordingly (nicely).

Edited by Rootshallbloke
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rootshallbloke said:

No damage done, I have a very thick skin and now I understand the circumstances better I will respond accordingly (nicely).

Don't respond nicely, give him both barrels, we would enjoy that. 😀

• Like 1

I haven't been this excited for the start of a football season for the best part of 30 years, not even the constant rain can dampen my enthusiasm.

I hope Ebbrell and Thompson fill the lads with confidence, don't put them under pressure. Eleven great footballers for the National league with five more on the bench just in case.

Goalie, defence and midfield picks itself for me.

Up front Alex Reid plays every time if I'm the manager alongside one other. His pace allied to Green out wide stretches the opposition and creates space for his strike partner.

But whoever we start up front should do the job.

COYB

Edited by Hemel latic
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rootshallbloke said:

He played at right centre back supported by a right wing back. We all knew he wanted to return to the North to be nearer his family so it was no big surprise when he made the move, but he was probably our most consistent defender throughout the season and we were gutted to lose him. You have a very honest footballer in Hobbo and I hope you will approve.

How have you kept hold of Bridge as I thought that he was out of contract? He was very impressive against us last year.

36 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I haven't been this excited for the start of a football season for the best part of 30 years, not even the constant rain can dampen my enthusiasm.

I hope Ebbrell and Thompson fill the lads with confidence, don't put them under pressure. Eleven great footballers for the National league with five more on the bench just in case.

Goalie, defence and midfield picks itself for me.

Up front Alex Reid plays every time if I'm the manager alongside one other. His pace allied to Green out wide stretches the opposition and creates space for his strike partner.

But whoever we start up front should do the job.

COYB

I agreed with the statement about Reid, until we signed Norwood. Now its Norwood and one other. 

Does Reid and Norwood as a partnership? I think so!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, astottie said:

How have you kept hold of Bridge as I thought that he was out of contract? He was very impressive against us last year.

I thinks he’s signed a month to month deal, if he’s interested he’s definitely a player who would complete our rebuilding job perfectly!

However, he’s a local lad who started his career there and has now returned…perhaps he’s settled back in his home town. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

According to the Southend message board there's rumours of a 2pm pitch inspection. It's still raining there and the referee apparently wasn't overly happy with the pitch in the first place 😒 

Dammit.

All dressed up and nowhere to go.

I have been hanging out for this since Willoughby signed.

Squeegy the hell out of it.

17 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

According to the Southend message board there's rumours of a 2pm pitch inspection. It's still raining there and the referee apparently wasn't overly happy with the pitch in the first place 😒 

If that’s true then the game will almost certainly be off…heavy rain is forecast all afternoon from 2.00pm!

2 hours ago, astottie said:

Bridgey loves Southend and we love him. He's a Southend lad and came up through the Academy before moving on under Tango man Brown's guidance and then coming back. He, and Nathan Ralph, are both out of contract but it seems we are allowed to play them, and they both want to play. On his day Bridge is one of the best wingers in this division.

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Any update on the drinking spots before hand ? 

West Road Tap if you're lucky enough to get in. It's a converted public toilet but the beers are legendary and the regulars will jam it out on match day. Away fans are welcome as long as they behave.

Just now, League one forever said:

That can only be 352 surely? 

So Sutton as a right wing back. . 😬

We knew Nuttall Shelton and  Sheron would start despite not looking impressive, hope they prove worthy of the faith.