MATCH: Bromley (A) 16/09/23

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

There really is no defending him now....although some still try.🙄

I have a ticket for tomorrow but really can't be arsed to make the effort to go....pretty poor I know. I really hope we can get 3 points just to lift the mood a bit.

Only really Eyresy. So nobody seriously defending him

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Yes and all those jerks have been consigned to the ignored user's folder

All five of em, cheers for the inspiration BP1960, now I can enjoy this forum

such a bitter man

19 minutes ago, Lags said:

Do you come for the debate or not?

Nah. Likes to just hear people agreeing with him

Reading the well-written match article on the official site, the wording bigs-up Bromley and Cheek whilst suggesting the Latics defence will struggle and also how their manager has done so well with the squad. Or is that just me reading something between the lines which isn't actually there? Anyway, I cannot see any difference, unless Lundstrum returns, no new signing and probably Shelton and Sheron in the middle again. Cheek will probably run the show, bag a few and another weekend goes down the pan.

Sorry for the doom and gloom but the Unsworth effect is well and truly upon me.

Edited by Wardie

25 minutes ago, daniel said:

Alex Reid dropped. Not in the squad, and not travelled. 

He wasn't on the bench last week despite being named on the initial team sheet, he was replaced late on by Freeman, I think he's one of the ones Unsworths been keen to move on but he's sat on pretty good money and along with several others isn't prepared to take a cut in money, it's a mess.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

He wasn't on the bench last week despite being named on the initial team sheet, he was replaced late on by Freeman, I think he's one of the ones Unsworths been keen to move on but he's sat on pretty good money and along with several others isn't prepared to take a cut in money, it's a mess.

Yeah I think similar to be honest. I would imagine there’d be plenty of takers for him, but like you said he’ll be sat on a big wage. 
A mess indeed, and surely questions being asked by the board? We can’t afford to be pissing up large wages on 2 year deals and then wanting to ship them out, Rooney being a prime example, who I imagine has cost us money allowing him to sign for Macclesfield.

49 minutes ago, daniel said:

Yeah I think similar to be honest. I would imagine there’d be plenty of takers for him, but like you said he’ll be sat on a big wage. 
A mess indeed, and surely questions being asked by the board? We can’t afford to be pissing up large wages on 2 year deals and then wanting to ship them out, Rooney being a prime example, who I imagine has cost us money allowing him to sign for Macclesfield.

Rooney, Reid, Tollitt. I've heard the club are also prepared to let Nuttall and Willoughby go as well which would mean five Unsworth signings being offered out, I know Tollitt wasn't his directly but he was offered new terms under Unsworths watch, add to that Norman who was offered new terms and now can't make the match day 16. 

Raglan and Freeman not used from the bench the past two weeks as well, that's some group of players seemingly out of favour.

Edited by yarddog73

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Rooney, Reid, Tollitt. I've heard the club are also prepared to let Nuttall and Willoughby go as well which would mean five Unsworth signings being offered out, I know Tollitt wasn't his directly but he was offered new terms under Unsworths watch, add to that Norman who was offered new terms and now can't make the match day 16. 

FFS!!!! I really hope that is absolute bollocks because If true you have to question the whole coaching & recruitment staff……

I can’t believe that, surely not!!

Edited by oafc1955

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Never mind the club prepared to let Rooney, Reid ,Tollit , Nuttall , or Willoughby go. Surely they should be prepared to let Unsworth go, Jesus Christ !!! Can't really understand Football , it must be the only vocation that you get a gold clock and handsome cheque for being  shite at your job !! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Some of them have been offered out on loan but nobody is prepared to pick up their wages. Hope is another one given a year but not even making matchday squads.

Seems to me that the vast majority of last season’s additions were panic buys and in the long run weren’t good enough to get us to where we want to be………RECRUITMENT FFS!!