The Next Oldham Manager

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What’s happened to all the pro Nuttall fans on here? They’ve gone all quiet!

None of the strikers are contributing consistently this season, Nuttall included. But I don’t think it’s fair to properly judge any of them yet until their service gets sorted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Thompson to be announced tomorrow...

I hope the club gives us a good, detailed insight into their recruitment process and why Thompson is the preferred candidate [if he actually is]. Of course, some may say they are under no obligation to disclose that info.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I hope the club gives us a good, detailed insight into their recruitment process and why Thompson is the preferred candidate [if he actually is]. Of course, some may say they are under no obligation to disclose that info.

You really want them to come out with "we're really not that big and the quality of applicants was pretty limited"?

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

A lot of people have changed their minds here. When DU was in charge, the fact we weren't firmly cemented in the top 3 as people expected has changed to the players aren't good enough. Which is it? Was it DUs coaching or players not good enough. 

If they're not good enough may as well stay as we are. If it's a coaching issue then we only need 2 players really 

There’s enough there to be challenging near the top of the league. We’re maybe not as good as we thought we were, but I’m sure we’re a lot better the man we’re showing 

Well maybe now with Thommo in charge the players can be coached into playing a certain way instead of being too reliant on stats, stats , stats. Feel like too much time was spent in the past on stats , rather than hard yards on the training ground . I know stats are important but felt it was being overdone for NL team with a rookie manager , Hopefully we will see some improvement when more time is available on the training ground and we can add some players .

Edited by penrhyn
typo

14 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

ld be goin 433 for this (4123)

Norman

Sutton

Raglan

Hobson

Ker ching

Sheron

Lundstrum

Dickenson

Reid

Norwood (C)

Willoughby

Green totally 'rested' Freeman on bench and l'd be looking for a Footballer to play CDM harder than anything l'd done for a fuckin longgggg time

I don’t get why Raglan (who has looked ordinary) continues to be picked by some ahead of Hogan? 🤔

Hogan has been top drawer since ST took over imho

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I don’t get why Raglan (who has looked ordinary) continues to be picked by some ahead of Hogan? 🤔

Bang on. We talk about lack of leaders on the pitch so the last thing we need is to stop Hogan. Him and Hobson have had so much to deal with and dealt with it well. Throwing themselves in front of shots and defending their box really. Hogan’s been excellent since ST came in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

just freshening it up for the cup thats all, Hogan been decent under ST and altho Raglan is better he's waiting for an injury or a change in formation. lm also playin Norman for the same reason.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The squad is more than good enough for top 4 in this division...

Agree with this. Not a massive amount is needed. I strongly believe if we bring in two complete nutcases in the middle will transform us. Plenty of quality in the squad, it just needs firming up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Just bit a little bit wary, if its not a permanent appointment i.e. until the end of the season they won't payout.

Wouldn't want anyone piling in at those odds only to get stung....

I've just checked.  BetVC (the only one quoting as far as I'm aware) pays out if the caretaker is in charge for ten games

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Agree with this. Not a massive amount is needed. I strongly believe if we bring in two complete nutcases in the middle will transform us. Plenty of quality in the squad, it just needs firming up.

I wish I felt the same. I’d like to think a couple of midfielders would shore us up but I still think there’s too many in the squad who are not consistent and don’t seem to be able to absorb what’s being asked of them. 

32 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Just bit a little bit wary, if its not a permanent appointment i.e. until the end of the season they won't payout.

Wouldn't want anyone piling in at those odds only to get stung....

Should clarify, I wasn’t suggesting people take advantage of the odds. More that if it was as nailed on as was being made out, I would have expected him to be much shorter odds or even the market pulled. But for there to have been no change makes me think it’s not sorted yet. Could be wrong of course!