Rochdale Scramble?

52 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What’s the walk like from the train station to the stadium ? Late 20s so don’t mind a walk. 

28 minutes ago, daniel said:

20-30 mins. Not too bad. 

25 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

About 35 minutes. Get to see the main sights of Rochdale (the Aldi and the Asda) 

Google maps says 40 minutes, but that does take you past the away end to the main entrance. Google maps often underestimates walking times too. So 35 minutes is probably about right

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

They were wrong.  There are circumstances in which data can be shared and  this is one of them.

I very much doubt the sharing of this data complies with GDPR. Do you think initially Oldham when they collected the data informed everyone that their data could be used this way? Do you think they make an effort to check the accuracy of the data they are sharing? That Rochdale has checked that the data was collected in a way complying with GDPR? That Rochdale have identified the legal basis they will rely on before collecting the data, and how long they will keep it, and all the other things they have to comply with to legally use the data, including a written contract with Oldham detailing responsibilities. 

I have no grasp of GDPR, and I guarantee neither do Rochdale and Oldham.

20 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I very much doubt the sharing of this data complies with GDPR. Do you think initially Oldham when they collected the data informed everyone that their data could be used this way? Do you think they make an effort to check the accuracy of the data they are sharing? That Rochdale has checked that the data was collected in a way complying with GDPR? That Rochdale have identified the legal basis they will rely on before collecting the data, and how long they will keep it, and all the other things they have to comply with to legally use the data, including a written contract with Oldham detailing responsibilities. 

I think some agencies do enter into information sharing agreements but still have to be careful what they share. There has to be a general beneficial purpose to it I believe as in public safety or law enforcement purposes to justify it. 

Under the GDPR and Data Protection Act (2018) you may share information without consent if, in your judgement, there is a lawful reason to do so, such as where safety may be at risk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If Rochdale have used Oldham's data base then they have probably stopped the ones who wouldn't have caused trouble anyway.

The ones intent on trouble will not buy a ticket using their actual address and probably get mates with Rochdale addresses to buy them to avoid bring caught out.

It's going be really galling seeing so many gaps in the stadium when so many wanted to watch the game.

47 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I do have a grasp of GDPR and believe it would come under the heading of the Public Task exemption.  I can't say that definitively.

I assume that the purchase history connected to email addresses is the way they have gone with this, otherwise what's to argue I'm not a 'Dale supporter living in Oldham? I'd say Latics supporters scattered randomly throughout the home stands will cause a lot less trouble than a concerted effort from the away stand. An overbearing police presence will, no doubt, cause even more.

• Like 1

Much of this could have been avoided if the club had given season ticket holders priority and also restricted it to 1 ticket per person. Yes, we have more season ticket holders than tickets allocated and demand outweighs supply but not all season ticket holders can or want to attend. Day trippers intent on causing trouble wouldn't have gone to great lengths to get a ticket but as they could get them with no restrictions they have no doubt decided to go. I think it could be a nightmare on Saturday let's hope Rochdale are geared up for it and we don't have the fiasco of a few years ago when loads of us were still outside the ground on the Tuesday night 25 mins after kick off.

21 hours ago, Ackey said:

And he's not been fired?! 

WOW!!!!

in a way its good to see a club not taking the mob mentality option. they must trust him implicitly. once when l was in retail a customer attacked me and six months later my boss said (off the record) if he had played the race card then upstairs would have sacked you. l refused to watch the CCTV bc l went a bit too far, but apparantley l stop, take off my watch, put it in my pocket then fly back in 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Only Blue said:

If Rochdale have used Oldham's data base then they have probably stopped the ones who wouldn't have caused trouble anyway.

The ones intent on trouble will not buy a ticket using their actual address and probably get mates with Rochdale addresses to buy them to avoid bring caught out.

It's going be really galling seeing so many gaps in the stadium when so many wanted to watch the game.

Correct. People like Flemboy would have been denied and l really cant imagine him being violent, he seems to have a friend at every away match!!

I really don't understand why anyone would want to cause trouble at this.  Dale hardly have any fans and don't really give a shit about us (and I'm not really sure why we give a shit about them, other than geography but they're no real threat on any level..).  Where's the victory?

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I really don't understand why anyone would want to cause trouble at this.  Dale hardly have any fans and don't really give a shit about us (and I'm not really sure why we give a shit about them, other than geography but they're no real threat on any level..).  Where's the victory?

l don't even see it as a derby! 

dale have defo got some ladz tho, especially for us.

remember Hulk Hogan gettin arrested at  Dale?

• Like 1