MATCH: Hartlepool United (H) 30/12/23 🍾🍾🍾

All’s well that ends well! I thought we were a bit better in the second half and especially the last 25 mins, got stuck in a little more and that was enough to u settle them.

Its a great shame that we may have seen the last of Stones but big Mike reminded us that he is still a real handful at this level and will score his fair share of goals too.

A tough watch in the first half but well done to the lads for digging in and getting the win after the break.

Looking forward to Dorking now, should be fun

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know. 

We must be the only club who have some fans that aren’t into winning. 

Micky’s record in the league. 

Played 11

Won 7

Drawn 2

Lost 2

23 points from 33. 

But it’s utter utter garbage. 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂

really good return with a poor team. Full confidence in the manager atm. Still don’t think current squad have it in them to go up with this manager. mcgahey, freeman, Willoughby, Reid, Shelton, green, nuttall can all go. Think we need to make sure hogan, sheron, lundstrom, ward, Dickerson are squad players and not reg starters.

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

really good return with a poor team. Full confidence in the manager atm. Still don’t think current squad have it in them to go up with this manager. mcgahey, freeman, Willoughby, Reid, Shelton, green, nuttall can all go. Think we need to make sure hogan, sheron, lundstrom, ward, Dickerson are squad players and not reg starters.

Is Dickenson injured or bombed out?

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Positives

Hudson played well, distribution better MOM.

Defence generally solid.

Clean sheet.

Ward looked fit and contributed.

First home win under Mellon.

Negatives

Stones going off.

Lundstrum's poor form.

Better teams will probably have more joy against us.

Midfield woes continue regardless of results.

Keeper shouldn't be winning MOM at home.

Take the win, clean sheet and 8th in the table.

I can see good money coming in for Hudson, he's commanding his area very well now.

If so use some of it for Mancini, he's  clearly not 100% fit yet, but it can be seen he's a quality player.

Just now, BP1960 said:

I can see good money coming in for Hudson, he's commanding his area very well now.

If so use some of it for Mancini, he's  clearly not 100% fit yet, but it can be seen he's a quality player.

Just what we need a player like Mancini, wonder what sort of contract he is on and if Hartlepool would accept a cheeky bid. 

40 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know. 

Played 11

Won 7

Drawn 2

Lost 2

23 points from 33. 

Yes but this is not Mellons team.

Almost in the playoffs spots and he still has to make some of his own. I have complete faith. This is a polished turd and not the finished article. He knows what is needed unlike the last idiot we had. K T F.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know. 

Played 11

Won 7

Drawn 2

Lost 2

23 points from 33. 

W6 D2 L3 as I'm feeling pedantic.

Either way, replicate it over the rest of the season and I'm sure it'll be good enough for a playoff place, hopefully the level of performance will improve too.

Onwards and Upwards in 2024!

On 12/29/2023 at 5:08 PM, Wardie said:

I'd expect nothing less from you

..and you.

My failed attempt at irony. I posted the same score last Saturday in reply to Paddy when he posted his usual over optimistic 'we'll stuff them' post..

I actually thought we'd manage a win today...(which we just about did in the end)

Edited by TwistingMyMellon

21 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Almost in the playoffs spots and he still has to make some of his own. I have complete faith. This is a polished turd and not the finished article. He knows what is needed unlike the last idiot we had. K T F.

l sometimes pick you up to disagree, so l'll pop up here to say l 100% agree 👍🏻

23 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

. . think you’ve misunderstood my post. We’re agreed. 👍🏻

37 minutes ago, daniel said:

Just what we need a player like Mancini, wonder what sort of contract he is on and if Hartlepool would accept a cheeky bid. 

He's the only positive thing at their club by the sounds of it, they were singing for him for 88 mins until that changed to songs about the rest of them not being fit to wear the shirt and Askey Out.

Would take a brave chairman to accept a bid for him.