MATCH: Hartlepool United (H) 30/12/23 🍾🍾🍾

10 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

He's the only positive thing at their club by the sounds of it, they were singing for him for 88 mins until that changed to songs about the rest of them not being fit to wear the shirt and Askey Out.

Would take a brave chairman to accept a bid for him.

Were they giving Fondop grief, the way he celebrated his goal it seemed like he was giving it back to them. 

Think a scruffy win was required as not winning at home was becoming abit of psychological barrier for us so now that's been broken hopefully we can start getting some more home wins under our belt.

Still believe we are 2-3 players from being a promotion winning team a Mancini like player would certainly make a difference I doubt Hartlepool will be prepared to sell, they look like they are in abit of turmoil and will require a couple of season of transition before they are ready to go back into the football league.

16 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

Isn't there a takeover in the offing? Anything could happen.

Bit of a gamble though- the lad has had two cameo appearances since a major hamstring issue.

Thought that. Have I missed something? Didn't notice him when he came on in the Boxing Day game and all I noticed today was their fans cheering him. He didn't really add much to an already insipid Hartlepool side...

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Thought that. Have I missed something? Didn't notice him when he came on in the Boxing Day game and all I noticed today was their fans cheering him. He didn't really add much to an already insipid Hartlepool side...

He's been out  a long time, but has special qualities we need.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I can see good money coming in for Hudson, he's commanding his area very well now.

If so use some of it for Mancini, he's  clearly not 100% fit yet, but it can be seen he's a quality player.

Ah, the ever predictable “ sign the best player on the opposition “ post. 

• Like 4

Just now, LaticsPete said:

Ah, the ever predictable “ sign the best player on the opposition “ post. 

You clearly can't spot a good player right in front of your nose, any manager in this league would take him. As usual you're still trying to bring me down instead of giving any credit.

No wonder you're blocked.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You clearly can't spot a good player right in front of your nose, any manager in this league would take him. As usual you're still trying to bring me down instead of giving any credit.

No wonder you're blocked.

l know an eight year old will play for England 

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's been out  a long time, but has special qualities we need.

I think it clear he has talent.

Start of September they said he would be out for six months.

Made his return on boxing day and did what 30 mins of normal time today.

We've had a lot of crocks nursed between games in recent times- I'd want to see him reestablished before I spent money on him.

EFL window about to open- I'd be happy for MM to use his contacts and bring a loan or two to the end of the season. We must look a better prospect for a loanee now than last year.

Probably a ridiculous thing to say, but hey I’m superstitious….does anyone else think it’s better having away fans in the Chaddy than in the Lookers Lower. Even when there’s only 100 of them, having them in the Lookers Lower, close to the pitch and the away team bench - it’s helps to urge on the opposition. Sticking em up high in the Chaddy, it feels a bit more detached and the opposiition can’t feed off the fans energy as much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Probably a ridiculous thing to say, but hey I’m superstitious….does anyone else think it’s better having away fans in the Chaddy than in the Lookers Lower. Even when there’s only 100 of them, having them in the Lookers Lower, close to the pitch and the away team bench - it’s helps to urge on the opposition. Sticking em up high in the Chaddy, it feels a bit more detached and the opposiition can’t feed off the fans energy as much.

defo thats why theyre up at the back now.

it needs to go 'safe standing' in there if they want Latics fans to flock back

I needed the 2 hour drive home just to calm down, bloody hell that was hard to watch.

We could hardly put 2 passes together the whole game, we even threw a throw in straight to them.

And what gives with this new tactic of goalkeeper and centre backs playing russian roulette from dead ball situations, pissing about between themselves then wacking it upfield, which the keeper could have done himself in the first place.

However we won. And Stone's goal was a cracker. Hudson man of the match, Sutton played well, but in general we were awful.

Double M was almost blowing a fuse for most of the game, roaring and gesticulating to our lot. He has probably been on the verge of a heart attack watching that.

But 3 points and a win 😤

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

defo thats why theyre up at the back now.

it needs to go 'safe standing' in there if they want Latics fans to flock back

That's a good shout but where do you put the away fans? A lot of people are happy with the situation in the Rocky, stand near or behind the Athleticos or sit either side of them.