MATCH: Barnet (H) 23/01/24

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Loved the shithousery, Fondop’s weird penalty celebration and the ref getting smacked by the ball. 

Barnet fans calling Fondop a proper bell end for that.

He's our bell end though.

• Like 3

I'm seriously impressed with what 5PM and Brabin have done. Brought in real quality and have set us up superbly. 

I'll be honest I thought the season was a write-off after Ebbsfleet put 4 past us but now I'm hoping for at least a top 3 finish.

Still worried about a potential play off game at BP but last night showed we can step up and beat those near us in the league at home.

As well as the football side of things, something Conlon adds to the midfield is the ability to win a free kick when we need it. Did that a couple of times last night. We've often seen that done against us but have lacked someone with the nouse to do that at the right time.

11 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

I'm seriously impressed with what 5PM and Brabin have done. Brought in real quality and have set us up superbly. 

I'll be honest I thought the season was a write-off after Ebbsfleet put 4 past us but now I'm hoping for at least a top 3 finish.

Still worried about a potential play off game at BP but last night showed we can step up and beat those near us in the league at home.

We've got Bromley, Southend and Chesterfield still to come at home so we'll get some decent practice in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

That free kick that rattled the crossbar from Conlon was an absolute rocket, that would have been some strike in to the wind.

Scored a few for Vale. I don't think it will be long before he gets one for us with the way we keep winning fouls in dangerous areas.

13 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

We’ve got Walker, Hammond, Dallas & a n other to come in yet. As MM says, it’s a work in progress. Once they all gel and get up to speed we’ll have the potential to be a very good side.

I’ve said before, as long as we are firing on all cylinders in time for the playoffs nothing else really matters!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Nice to see a player who can make yards of space in midfield, as the opposition usually  seem to have against us.

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Barnet fans calling Fondop a proper bell end for that.

He's our bell end though.

Not often you see a referee upsetting both team managers and fans so much as that one.

21 hours ago, Bobby and Bert said:

EeeByGum.   Good luck with the trip up tonight.  Which part of Shropshire are you?. I live in Leintwardine which is just over the border in Herefordshire, but 6 miles from Ludlow. I would get to more home games if I could find someone to share the driving. Let me know.

Hi Bobby & Bert,

I’m right at the north end of the county, in Ash Parva not for from the Cheshire border.

I would’ve been interested in shared driving or what have you, thanks, but life’s a bit complicated for making regular trips anywhere at the moment as my missus has an autoimmune illness and I have to stay home to help her out most of the time.

I really enjoyed the game last night but it had been months in the planning and had been cancelled about 4 times and then reorganised in the period.

Great team performance last night. The midfield were a different class with Conlon allowing Ludstrum more freedom to roam forward and Sheron keeps going regardless. 

I have always liked Fondop and he makes such a nuisance of himself. How can he be left out of the team? To think of all those matches DU played Nuttall before Fondop. We could already be in a different place. Fondop is so passionate about everything as well as tracking back to help the defence when needed. I laughed last night when Conlon was getting ready near the end to take his free kick and Fondop was hovering obviously wanting to take the free kick. He had to be moved away to join the attacking line. 

It will be interesting to see how MM uses Dallas now-possibly Fondop as an impact sub, but he also deserves a start in some ways.

Looking forward to Saturday now. 

Very impressed with the after match chat with double M. 

He is so calm,, so assured and always just tells it as it is .  No bull_____   and no kidology.

All in all a class act.

And well done to the team, a solid 3 points.  It's looking like we are going to really enjoy this season after all.  🤗 

• Like 1

Best home performance for a long while.

The only downside of the night was the Boundary Bulletin feature on the great Maurice Whittle, which was illustrated with a picture of George Jones.

Conlon's late free kick was almost an homage to Maurice.

Great team performance. All did really well. Amazing how positive this place comes with a few wins. Winning is ALL that matters.

Fondop getting a lot of praise and rightly so for his part. Was only a few months ago many on here said he shouldn't kick a ball for us again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Great team performance. All did really well. Amazing how positive this place comes with a few wins. Winning is ALL that matters.

Fondop getting a lot of praise and rightly so for his part. Was only a few months ago many on here said he shouldn't kick a ball for us again.

I was one of them on Fondop. Still think he’s a bit brain dead. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd still be happy if he never kicked a ball for us...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I was one of them on Fondop. Still think he’s a bit brain dead. 

I don’t even think Fondop knows what’s going through his head. He went to play right back for a bit on Tuesday and should have given a penalty away for a clear handball. 

when you go away you see Norwood Mcgahey and Mellon coaching him through the game were to stand and what to do.

Dallas is obviously going to come in for him but he hardly completes 90 minutes.

fondop is useful and offers something different. 

25 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I don’t even think Fondop knows what’s going through his head. He went to play right back for a bit on Tuesday and should have given a penalty away for a clear handball. 

when you go away you see Norwood Mcgahey and Mellon coaching him through the game were to stand and what to do.

Dallas is obviously going to come in for him but he hardly completes 90 minutes.

fondop is useful and offers something different. 

If he's got so little planned then how do the opposition plan for him?  Bring on the disruptors!

14 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd still be happy if he never kicked a ball for us...

He offers passion, is a nuisence to defences and chips in with goals.

That seems good enough for the manager, even if he has signed Dallas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He offers passion, is a nuisence to defences and chips in with goals.

That seems good enough for the manager, even if he has signed Dallas.

Absolutely, and a physical presence that none of the other forwards offers us. 

I can see Fondop becoming a bit of a cult hero for this club, he has passion, is unorthodox and scores vital goals, seems a genuinely nice bloke in his interviews , as much as he divides opinion he can be the missing piece of the jigsaw in some games and you can tell he loves the club. 

Just imagine the celebration if he comes of the bench and scores the winner at Wembley in the play off final. 

• Like 1