Micky Mellon Sack Watch

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's almost as if he is demanding the club should listen to him as they did with Unsworth and spend money they don't have, if what he says is true and that's your group for next year then shut the fuck up and stop slating them publicly and crack on in making them better at their jobs which is ultimately what a manager is paid to do, get on the training pitch and earn your fucking money because lets get this right he's the best paid 'manager' in the division, (hard to believe I know). What's undeniable is this team can get results as they proved if you take away the book ends of the season, yes they threw some shockers in but that's NL for you.

I'm of the opinion now that it would be cheaper to move the manager on now, interview for the role and pick the best candidate based on interview, show them the squad they will have to work with and that would give someone a clean slate after what's gone on. Mellon has 18 players next season but only wants about 3 of them and that's an impossible task.

My final point on the matter is this, I didn't attend yesterday and don't sit in the main stand but have a friend who had a spat with Mellon, quite a mild mannered guy and basically all he's said is 'Micky stick Garner on and have a go at winning it', to which Mellon replied 'why don't you just fuck off' now I'm sorry but of this man is so up on discipline why does he think it's acceptable to behave in such a manner, it's little wonder we have disharmony in the dressing room because people are treated differently and a manager who can't control his emotions, we are not talking about giving a bit back here we are talking about a man whose chose to behave like that in front of women and children who should know better, he's gone down in my estimations after yesterday and really someone should be addressing his behaviour because it's bordering on unhinged.

Barking at fans doesn't end well generally and it's his job to quell that not fan the flames, he has an arrogance about him that doesn't serve him well and it's little wonder the players he 'trusts' have similar mannerisms.

Sorry but that's not what I want to see out of our manager, I don't care if your Pep Guardiola you shouldn't go around running your mouth off because you're having a bad day at the office and he's probably bringing the club into disrepute by doing so.

It appears he resents fans opinions and digs in even further.

He thinks fans know nothing yet many know exactly what the problems are. 

I don't like his repeated failure selections, square pegs or the style of non football his team dish out and not giving talented youth a chance.

Part time Wealdstone out played and outrun us yesterday and the passing and passion was a joy to watch.

Their young manager was also vibrant and encouraging his team, totally opposite from ours who forever has his hands in his pockets.

If you are reading this Mr Mellon you are well paid to produce a successful and entertaining football team while we fans pay good money for you to do it.

Bear that in mind please.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Exactly why oh why oh do we employ people when we've got ready made tactical wizards sat in the stands who could tell us all we need to know

gErrItForWaRd!!

They'd probably be as useful. And certainly a hell of a lot cheaper!

Edited by JoeP

These players can’t be as bad as he makes out, can they? 

Surely we are just 4/5 players away from a decent side at this level? 

We are clearly lacking in some areas, but we have decent enough players to be competitive in this league. 

Something bigger is going on and I think bigger players such as Norwood and Conlon have had their heads turned and Mellon is giving up. 

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We are clearly lacking in some areas, but we have decent enough players to be competitive in this league. 

Something bigger is going on and I think bigger players such as Norwood and Conlon have had their heads turned and Mellon is giving up. 

Indeed, there's no way Barnet/Bromley have more quality overall.

Cue the "They've had their manager for longer" disciples.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Indeed, there's no way Barnet/Bromley have more quality overall.

Cue the "They've had their manager for longer" disciples.

I don’t think many teams have better quality than us, but they do have a better team. 

We have no balance and no playing style. We just lump it. 

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Of course they’re not- they’re just not playing for him, and he won’t accept it, so is blaming everything else.

The interview is complete and utter disgrace, and had sack me written all over it. 

- He paints a picture of utter doom and gloom while the club are trying to shift season tickets. That alone is a pisstake, you can honest but inspiring. Instead of selectively honest and bitching. 

- Claims after the Flyde game he thought we might go down. Fuck. Off. Over two spells this season covering 22 games we’ve won 2 in 22. . and finished 10th. Stop talking complete shite. 

- repeatedly says he’s not above criticism, then gets very defensive and blames everyone else. 

- Says it’s been the impossible Job at times, then says to Alan it’s lazy journalism to say the season has fallen apart because we played a lot of ‘top sides’ and not been beaten. Also completely omits that it wasn’t impossible 8 weeks ago when we sat 5th- despite woeful home form. 

- Has the audacity to say we might be over budget, like it’s a surprise. He fucking knew what had been spent when he took the Job because he said numerous times, we have to respect what the family have spent. Was then given 6 signings, and none have improved us. 

I could go on and on. 

He is the leader and is coming like a spoilt arrogant child. I would be livid if I was on the board. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course they’re not- they’re just not playing for him, and he won’t accept it, so is blaming everything else.

The interview is complete and utter disgrace, and had sack me written all over it. 

- He paints a picture of utter doom and gloom while the club are trying to shift season tickets. That alone is a pisstake, you can honest but inspiring. Instead of selectively honest and bitching. 

- Claims after the Flyde game he thought we might go down. Fuck. Off. Over two spells this season covering 22 games we’ve won 2 in 22. . and finished 10th. Stop talking complete shite. 

- repeatedly says he’s not above criticism, then gets very defensive and blames everyone else. 

- Says it’s been the impossible Job at times, then says to Alan it’s lazy journalism to say the season has fallen apart because we played a lot of ‘top sides’ and not been beaten. Also completely omits that it wasn’t impossible 8 weeks ago when we sat 5th- despite woeful home form. 

- Has the audacity to say we might be over budget, like it’s a surprise. He fucking knew what had been spent when he took the Job because he said numerous times, we have to respect what the family have spent. Was then given 6 signings, and none have improved us. 

I could go on and on. 

He is the leader and is coming like a spoilt arrogant child. I would be livid if I was on the board. 

I do like Mellon, but it’s hard to disagree. 

Just the fact he’s pretty much said next season will be the same.. 

Don’t really know what to say or think at this point. I think something bigger is going on and he’s just wanting to be sacked. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

With all the shit that gets shouted at him and the players, it always surprises me when people get upset they give it back. 

Spur of the moment maybe, in an interview never.  That was an absurd performance

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I could go on and on. 

Spot on 👍

He needs to ask himself if he's up for the task or not.

It's been a real eye opener to see him easily being out thought by opposition manager's who have far less at their disposal, yet seem to be able to cut their cloth and find a way.

Hard work helps ofcourse 

• Like 1

The recent games against teams at the top , attempted perception that draws were a positive as they could not beat us either ......They did not have to , as they had won games in March and were in a position were a draw was a satisfactory result .....we weren't ......get shut, don't care what past glories exist , irrelevant to what is happening here . He is not the solution.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

It appears he resents fans opinions and digs in even further.

He thinks fans know nothing yet many know exactly what the problems are. 

I don't like his repeated failure selections, square pegs or the style of non football his team dish out and not giving talented youth a chance.

Part time Wealdstone out played and outrun us yesterday and the passing and passion was a joy to watch.

Their young manager was also vibrant and encouraging his team, totally opposite from ours who forever has his hands in his pockets.

If you are reading this Mr Mellon you are well paid to produce a successful and entertaining football team while we fans pay good money for you to do it.

Bear that in mind please.

I keep hearing about this talented youth he’s not giving a chance to? Who are they? Where are they? 

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

So you'd actually prefer the main stand moaners than actual professional manager running the club?

Like the last one, he hasn't covered himself in much glory and it's definitely open to debate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So you'd actually prefer the main stand moaners than actual professional manager running the club?

🙄

I mean there's a bit of tongue in cheek there that you've obviously not picked up on, but I do think it's quite funny that the predictable "gerritforward" line you've used there in reference to the "Main Stand Moaners" seems to be the same mindset of whoever decided to bring in loads of strikers that we don't need...

32 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I keep hearing about this talented youth he’s not giving a chance to? Who are they? Where are they? 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Best prospect I've seen in years, has all the attributes and tremendous passion.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/teams/YouthTeam/midfielder/alfie-atherton/

Ye, this guy who has been sent off twice...

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm tempted to agree that telling people with such a simplistic view of football too F-off is a valid response.

Tell you what I'd never thought of sticking a striker on thanks for the insight. 

I wonder what pearls of wisdom came out of this person's mouth.

GERRIITFORWARD!

If I told a customer to "Fuck off" after getting 'advice', I would be sacked immediately. Maybe a method in his madness. Seriously, Mellon shouldn't be using inflammatory language to members of the paying public, especially if youngsters are in earshot. He is a major representative of the club and should know better, despite the perceived insult, which it certainly wasn't.

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

If I told a customer to "Fuck off" after getting 'advice', I would be sacked immediately. Maybe a method in his madness. Seriously, Mellon shouldn't be using inflammatory language to members of the paying public, especially if youngsters are in earshot. He is a major representative of the club and should know better, despite the perceived insult, which it certainly wasn't.

Let's not make out like it's a one off stupid comment. It's that along with plenty of abuse.

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Let's not make out like it's a one off stupid comment. It's that along with plenty of abuse.

What, along with Hudson telling someone to "Shut the fuck up"?

Seems to me there is a slightly acrimonious attitude in the dressing room and no professionalism. Fans pay to watch football and expect their highly paid professional team [manager included] to at least put on a show. Even if the guy had swore at him, Mellon should be the bigger man and keep composed. 

Fan criticism is part of the game, accept it, they get paid enough.

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

What, along with Hudson telling someone to "Shut the fuck up"?

Seems to me there is a slightly acrimonious attitude in the dressing room and no professionalism. Fans pay to watch football and expect their highly paid professional team [manager included] to at least put on a show. Even if the guy had swore at him, Mellon should be the bigger man and keep composed. 

Fan criticism is part of the game, accept it, they get paid enough.

They get booed and abused every game, only so much a person can take at the end of the day. 

Hudson told Brad to shut the fuck up. Brad posts on here, so will probably agree, he gives out his opinion to the players when he’s not satisfied. 

17 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

They get booed and abused every game, only so much a person can take at the end of the day. 

Hudson told Brad to shut the fuck up. Brad posts on here, so will probably agree, he gives out his opinion to the players when he’s not satisfied. 

I totally understand the players reaction. If you are getting booed every week I wouldn’t celebrate with us. 

Hudson was a bit strange I just said let’s play with intensity and on the front foot. Halifax were 2 down. He told me to shut the fuck ip. Does not bother me. 

I think there needs to be a mentality change both fans and players 

• Like 2