North Stand Construction Thread

What facilities does the RRE have that are much better than anywhere else in the ground? Do the toilets not smell or something?

The main reason it's better is the elevated view. Lucky if you have a season ticket in one of the few unobstructed views in the Chaddy, but if you don't then you either are blocked by stanchions or are sitting at pitch-level, and you pay more. When it comes to the rain that drifts up the stand, we have enough spare seats so that anybody who cares about avoiding it can find themself a dry spot. Additionally it has a bigger concourse and tends to be more conducive to a decent atmosphere.

I'm not that arsed really - prefer sitting in the RRE for the reasons above but having a decent atmosphere bothers me more than seating arrangements - though a neutral would almost certainly say the RRE is better.

If safe standing came into fashion I'd like to see the Chaddy reverted back to a terrace.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More fans sit in the Chaddy than the RRE.

You make the fewest move, causes less upset by default.

Up until around 6 months ago I would have disagreed, but recently the rre seems to be home to fewer and fewer, seems to me the chaddy has had more than the rre in terms of home fans lately.

I'm not particularly bothered where the away fans sit as long as they're not moved to the paddock ?

The 'Athleticos' were forced into the Chaddy by the club; if they were given the freedom of choice you'd see a lot more Latics' fans opting for the RRE over the CE, in my opinion.

The 'Athleticos' were forced into the Chaddy by the club; if they were given the freedom of choice you'd see a lot more Latics' fans opting for the RRE over the CE, in my opinion.

More bought season tickets for the Chaddy. Despite RRE being cheaper.

If Latics need ideas for the Supporters Bar in the new stand, look no further than Crawley Town’s Redz Bar. Great layout with Club memorabilia, big screen and small screens for live sport, a DJ/band area, dance floor, separate bottle bar and food counter. Oh and a happy hour from 12noon to 1:00pm on match days. The venue is also available for parties up to 200 people with buffet menu options available.

17042902126_2f5232fa80_z.jpg

17068838145_e087436982_z.jpg

16861474727_cb3e10f090_z.jpg

Archived