Ex players and that

Once heard a story about a certain senior official at the PFA involving his financial adviser brother (or other close relative... cant quite remember) and financial advice to footballers. 

Obviously there was nothing in it, so I couldn't possibly repeat it here.

Under 'and that'...... I was reading about the Coates family [own Stoke City] earnings from their company Bet365 earlier, running into £100s of millions apiece: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46289499 ...and it made me wonder if there are any Port Vale fans with Bet365 accounts?

Are there are brands/products you would actively avoid as a result of football rivalry? I'll start.....

As a kid, I would lobby my parents never to buy household equipment from Brother or Sharp!

Edited by lookersstandandy

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Under 'and that'...... I was reading about the Coates family [own Stoke City] earnings from their company Bet365 earlier, running into £100s of millions apiece: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46289499 ...and it made me wonder if there are any Port Vale fans with Bet365 accounts?

Are there are brands/products you would actively avoid as a result of football rivalry? I'll start.....

As a kid, I would lobby my parents never to buy household equipment from Brother or Sharp!

Anything associated with Man United, although given what companies have partnership with them, I bet I have by accident. 

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Sky.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Too difficult when they've got the cricket. I tried to get rid of the Premier League channel last time my contract was up and it was £1 cheaper.......

I got rid of the whole lot. Sky TV & Broadband. I already had Amazon Prime, and just bought 3 sticks, and Kodi.

But then we didn't watch too much sport or movies so it was easier for me.
Total of Sky though, it is probably cheaper to go watch it live.... 😉

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Never had a Vodafone contract

8 hours ago, singe said:

I don't remember John Hudson at all. Granted, my memory is getting worse, anything about him that can jog my memory?

I don't remember him either

8 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

Early 80's, attacking midfielder/winger IIRC.

I still don't

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, lookersstandandy said:

Cancelled my Vodaphone contract when they started sponsoring the scum.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yet some of the clueless will still tell you Placide was the better option.

I can't remember anyone saying Placide was better than Ripley but he was better than his two predecessors.

Had Ripley signed at the start of last season we wouldn't have been relegated,  the same result if Sheridan had played Placide from the start.