Rochdale (H)

34 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Please dont compare Fane with Gardner. Fane needs replacing in the team in January if not before.

I was comparing Gardner to Byrne you tool, but as you've mentioned it why would you want to replace a player whose been such a key part of a successful team??? 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, blueatheart said:

Table since Wellens took over. Playered two fewer games than most teams.

1 Shrewsbury Town 8   3 0 0 7 0   2 2 1 6 5   8 17
2 Wigan Athletic 8   3 1 1 7 2   2 1 0 6 3   8 17
3 Blackburn Rovers 8   3 2 0 9 3   1 1 1 3 1   8 15
4 Charlton Athletic 7   2 1 0 4 2   2 2 0 7 4   5 15
5 Portsmouth 9   3 0 2 7 3   2 0 2 5 7   2 15
6 Oxford United 9   1 2 1 8 6   3 0 2 9 6   5 14
7 Oldham Athletic 7   3 0 1 9 6   1 2 0 7 6   4 14
8 Scunthorpe United 9   2 1 1 5 4   2 1 2 6 6   1 14
9 Fleetwood Town 10   1 2 1 5 5   2 2 2 8 6   2 13
10 Bradford City 9   1 1 3 3 6   3 0 1 8 5   0 13
11 Southend United 8   3 1 0 5 2   1 0 3 2 8   -3 13
12 Gillingham 9   0 3 2 3 5   3 0 1 5 2   1 12
13 Doncaster Rovers 9   2 1 2 8 8   1 1 2 1 3   -2 11
14 Rotherham United 9   2 0 2 5 5   1 2 2 6 9   -3 11
15 Northampton Town 9   1 0 3 1 10   2 2 1 6 5   -8 11
16 AFC Wimbledon 8   1 1 1 3 2   2 0 3 4 6   -1 10
17 MK Dons 9   1 3 1 7 9   1 1 2 4 6   -4 10
18 Bristol Rovers 9   2 0 2 5 5   1 0 4 6 9   -3 9
19 Plymouth Argyle 9   0 2 2 3 8   2 1 2 4 4   -5 9
20 Rochdale 8   1 1 1 3 3   0 4 1 4 6   -2 8
21 Blackpool 8   1 1 2 5 7   1 1 2 3 4   -3 8
22 Walsall 8   0 3 2 4 6   1 1 1 4 3   -1 7
23 Bury 8   2 0 3 6 7   0 1 2 2 4   -3 7
24 Peterborough United 7   1 0 3 2 6   0 1 2 4 6   -6 4

Carry on at 2 points per game and we get to 79 points....that'll do for me and should see us comfortably in the play offs!!

15 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Just noticed Placide was booked yesterday according to the BBC, I never noticed that at the time. What was it for?

I'd wondered if it was for dangerous play for clattering gerrard but would he have had to give a penalty then? Don't know if you can for something on a player for your own team.

2 hours ago, astottie said:

I'd wondered if it was for dangerous play for clattering gerrard but would he have had to give a penalty then? Don't know if you can for something on a player for your own team.

Le Saux and Batty were sent off for fighting each other when they played for Blackburn.  Can't concede a penalty for clattering your own team mate!

Edited by Dave_Og

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I was comparing Gardner to Byrne you tool, but as you've mentioned it why would you want to replace a player whose been such a key part of a successful team??? 

So you were trying to explain how valuable Fane is by refering to not only 1 but 2 other players who try to get close to him to cover for his inability to pass a bleeding football.

I think that the tool description should be directed straight back to you with that logic or rather lack of it. He needs replacing-you cannot see it so what!  What is new?  :tongue1:

15 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

So you were trying to explain how valuable Fane is by refering to not only 1 but 2 other players who try to get close to him to cover for his inability to pass a bleeding football.

I think that the tool description should be directed straight back to you with that logic or rather lack of it. He needs replacing-you cannot see it so what!  What is new?  :tongue1:

Fellaini can't pass a football, hasn't stopped him doing alright for himself.

15 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

There's nothing wrong with a midfielder winning a ball and giving it straight to a team mate with more creativity and flair, it's a tactic played out in matches the length and breadth of the country, Fane can pass a ball he doesn't need to spray it 50 yards to show his effectiveness and Wellens has him playing within his limits, one thing I did see was the ineffectiveness of Danny Philliskirk - a man who you used to fawn over, what a judge you are and how rich to call out someone elses judgement on the back of that.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There's nothing wrong with a midfielder winning a ball and giving it straight to a team mate with more creativity and flair, it's a tactic played out in matches the length and breadth of the country, Fane can pass a ball he doesn't need to spray it 50 yards to show his effectiveness and Wellens has him playing within his limits, one thing I did see was the ineffectiveness of Danny Philliskirk - a man who you used to fawn over, what a judge you are and how rich to call out someone elses judgement on the back of that.

Wasting you breath on that particular keyboard warrior.  Bitter, envious, negative, argumentative and almost always..... wrong.  Also fancies me a bit I think.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He'll ignore the fact that the English champions have their version of Fane. As do teams like Real Madrid, Man United, Man City etc. Hes just pissed off because we beat his team Saturday 

On 11/18/2017 at 6:14 PM, MAC0AFC said:

Seem to be very very strong in the last 10 minutes... could be Harbin’s doing maybe. Maybe not but boy am I enjoying it! 

We've also conceded the most in the PL &FL in the last 15 mins too. just down to a more attacking approach possibly?

On 20/11/2017 at 5:05 PM, yarddog73 said:

Philly who used to play in midfield in place of your little Bambi. Or should we re-visit the Wesolowski debates? You are like a broken record. Boring replies as usual.

Fane cannot kick a bloody football and will go the same way as the previous 2 -down to the 4th division.

It gets very boring having the same arguments with you year after year. Come up with something new wont you?

43 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Very true but he is still shite too but at least he can head a ball. Fane cannot even though he is about 6 and a half feet tall

A very common trait in the modern game.

You are on the wrong side of the argument with Fane, best to stop digging.

49 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Philly who used to play in midfield in place of your little Bambi. Or should we re-visit the Wesolowski debates? You are like a broken record. Boring replies as usual.

Fane cannot kick a bloody football and will go the same way as the previous 2 -down to the 4th division.

It gets very boring having the same arguments with you year after year. Come up with something new wont you?

You’re talking nonsense. Fane is improving as the months go by this season, his technique and skill have improved since last season.

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

You’re talking nonsense. Fane is improving as the months go by this season, his technique and skill have improved since last season.

Clearly working on his weaknesses and deffo improving. Much prefer this type of player trying to maximise his attributes than a player (Philli for example) with natural (this level) talent and technique , playing within themselves and not laying everything on the line. 

Bottom line I like him and his attitude. Some people here totally disregarding that he is still trying to settle into LEAGUE football. Give the lad a break FFS

3 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I talked about numerous footballer and to which division they are heading based on performances at Latics on this message board including Weslowski who was always heading down the division despite what many believed.

If you cant see the diffence between Weslowski and Fane then you are not looking. Fane is only getting better and if looked after like at the moment by his manger he's only heading up. Still a tonne of work to put in before that though.