Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Was going anyway! Silly boy! As if we’re keeping him to keep! He’s more gone than bryne last season !

Doesn't really achieve anything by doing it as we would definitely be selling either way. I'm sure some of the player's sign on fee is forfeit too if they submit a request... 

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

I see that Sheff United offloading Ched Evans.  With BO now on the board, can we see his pal coming back?

No - he would definitely not come here - from someone close to him.

I`d have him in a heartbeat to be fair and I`m afraid that's going to be the problem. We've got a reputation now - looks like the foreign players are going to be the answer because a fair % of players plying their trade over here will avoid us like the plague. Great times.

18 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

No - he would definitely not come here - from someone close to him.

I`d have him in a heartbeat to be fair and I`m afraid that's going to be the problem. We've got a reputation now - looks like the foreign players are going to be the answer because a fair % of players plying their trade over here will avoid us like the plague. Great times.

Seem complementary of us when we tried to sign him and has a good relationship with Barry. Wouldn’t say it was completely a no. 

21 hours ago, Jimbooth said:

George has handed in a transfer request. 

What does that actually mean in this day and age? I could understand it when clubs held a player’s registration regardless, but post Bosman - when the player is free to leave at the end of their contract - they can fook off if they’re under contract. Club holds the upper hand.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What does that actually mean in this day and age? I could understand it when clubs held a player’s registration regardless, but post Bosman - when the player is free to leave at the end of their contract - they can fook off if they’re under contract. Club holds the upper hand.

Means we don't have to pay him a loyalty bonus should he leave. Makes a sale more likely, as the club will make more money.

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Means we don't have to pay him a loyalty bonus should he leave. Makes a sale more likely, as the club will make more money.

Good. A club should do this every time if a player isn’t willing to sit out their contract. Bosman screwed small clubs over, small clubs should do exactly the same when the tables are turned. Good on Abdallah..... problem of course is, we won’t see the money invested back in the team properly, as he’s got his (not Corney’s) debts to pay.... and will end up with substandard foreign players as his replacement.

20 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Good. A club should do this every time if a player isn’t willing to sit out their contract. Bosman screwed small clubs over, small clubs should do exactly the same when the tables are turned. Good on Abdallah..... problem of course is, we won’t see the money invested back in the team properly, as he’s got his (not Corney’s) debts to pay.... and will end up with substandard foreign players as his replacement.

Bloody hell, for a minute there I thought you were giving him a bit of praise!

4 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Bloody hell, for a minute there I thought you were giving him a bit of praise!

He got money for Duffus and apparently decent money for Holloway. He’s got to be good at something.... cos he ain’t good at running a football club.

NOT GIVING UP 

Rangers to table third bid for Oldham ace George Edmundson

Steven Gerrard's side will return to the negotiation table after the League Two club rejected a second offer late on Sunday night

On 5/26/2019 at 9:47 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

Reckon George will be gone by next Monday...

Probably before then but I was at a local championship club (who were premier league last season ) and they are monitoring the situation. 

Archived