Jack Byrne ❤️

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There was no mess, a talented group of players just ultimately underperformed.

All Bunn has displayed so far is an ability to toe the line.

He seems to be doing it with a hell of alot less talent than Wellens had at his disposal and the whole camp seems to be more content, now why would that be?

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

He seems to be doing it with a hell of alot less talent than Wellens had at his disposal and the whole camp seems to be more content, now why would that be?

Won one match against one of the weaker sides in the division so we don't need to be hanging up the bunting just yet.

3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He's a promising talent, but he isn't our best player (Baxter is a much better footballer), and he has been a dick throughout his brief career. He wasn't even that good in the final third of the season. Infact, he was crap at times. Another one who didn't step up to the plate. Ideally, he'd grow up and stay, but as it stands i'd actually be relieved he just pissed off. This is becoming a pain. As Frankie said, the club has/is clearing the decks and is building anew. Quite right. If Byrne doesn't grow up fast, he'll never fulfil his potential.

Spot on. Can see him ending up back in Ireland if he doesn’t knuckle down. 

5 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

We have started a new season in a new League. With a new owner who has appointed a new management team. Together with many players leaving and new players coming in there doesn't appear to be much scope for comparing like for like.

Very sensible analysis. It won't stop people though...

1 hour ago, yarddogs said:

Northampton at home last season ?

Nah, we had a good team that day and played to our maximum... Granted they were poor, but Macclesfield were Sunday league fodder. In fact I’ve seen better standard of football in the Sunday league.

32 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Nah, we had a good team that day and played to our maximum... Granted they were poor, but Macclesfield were Sunday league fodder. In fact I’ve seen better standard of football in the Sunday league.

Shame most of them did not play to their maximum  at Northampton apart from our own youngsters .

54 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

That makes two of us crazy enough to turn up in the snow. Those where the days when snow and ice did not affect as much if we played or not. 

I was there too....my youngest brother went home at h/t crying with the cold, itwas such a bitter cold day.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I saw us beat Southport 11-0.

I was there too. Was going out with a girl from Macclesfield at the time, travelled back by bus, got hit up the arse by another bus coming into Manchester, raced for the No2/24 to Royton, and got to the ground 5 minutes before kick off. Happy days.

3 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Shame most of them did not play to their maximum  at Northampton apart from our own youngsters .

Seen this a couple of times. Everyone was an absolute shower at Northampton. IIRC it's Edmondson and Hamer who part like the Red Sea for the first goal and Hamer caught ball watching on the rebound for the second.

Not one to castigate youngsters but let's have it right...

JSS

I'm not saying the were faultless but they put their all in that game and if their more experienced team mates had done the same thing then we could have won. 

That said thought Placide ce have done a lot better for both goals. 

These lads had no midfield or strikers helping out which put pressure on the defence. Northamptons players were massive and more than a handful for anyone let alone two young Inexperienced defenders who at least tried. BTW who scored?