Port Vale (h)

I have won 2 main stand tickets fr this game through the Latics lottery and as I am a season ticket holder can't use them. If anyone would like them pm me with an offer - does £20 the pair sound unreasonable? - donated to player share or the upkeep of this website, up to you.

There is a SF story by Asimov I think where the crowd at the crucifixion are time travelling tourists on holiday. Could this be the case at BP? All of us attending have won our tickets? Evidence is that no one has offered to buy mine. Spooky!

Edited by astottie

On 10/10/2018 at 10:24 PM, astottie said:

There is a SF story by Asimov I think where the crowd at the crucifixion are time travelling tourists on holiday. Could this be the case at BP? All of us attending have won our tickets? Evidence is that no one has offered to buy mine. Spooky!

Nobody has offered to buy them cos they are tough to give away for free at times tbh. 

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

They got absolutely twatted today....

This league is so up and down... take Carlisle who looked a slick outfit when they hammered us last week. Today they lost at home to Morecambe.. that’s right, the Morecambe side we beat 2-0 away from home.

?

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This league is so up and down... take Carlisle who looked a slick outfit when they hammered us last week. Today they lost at home to Morecambe.. that’s right, the Morecambe side we beat 2-0 away from home.

?

Gerrard not in the squad-

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

?

Maybe the inept display from Latics made Carlisle look slick? I bet their fans thought they were on a home banker today. I can't see the exception of Gerrard being the reason they lost, just the fickle nature of football itself.

A friend of mine was unfortunately delivering in burslam today and went to the game. He said port vale were the worst team he had ever seen, he supports bradford park avenue. Home defeat next Saturday!!

28 minutes ago, SAV said:

A friend of mine was unfortunately delivering in burslam today and went to the game. He said port vale were the worst team he had ever seen, he supports bradford park avenue. Home defeat next Saturday!!

They were up there with the worst I ever saw in League One when we drew 0-0 with them just after the turn of the year in 2017...

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Home advantage is largely long gone in this day and age.

"Home advantage increases the chances of winning by 15.9 per cent in the Premier League, 14.1 per cent in the Championship, 11.6 per cent in League One and 6.7 per cent in League Two. "

Miles lower than it used to be.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10955089/sky-sports-bust-common-football-myths-home-advantage

12 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

"Home advantage increases the chances of winning by 15.9 per cent in the Premier League, 14.1 per cent in the Championship, 11.6 per cent in League One and 6.7 per cent in League Two. "

Miles lower than it used to be.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10955089/sky-sports-bust-common-football-myths-home-advantage

Largely down to fans IMO.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:21 PM, TheBigDog said:

?

Well. That was more about how inept we were than about how good they were. Any team losing four home games on the bounce has issues. 

On 10/13/2018 at 6:53 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

They were up there with the worst I ever saw in League One when we drew 0-0 with them just after the turn of the year in 2017...

That was an awful, awful game. I think that's the game I tweeted about nearly falling into a coma and being worried about driving home after it. A Steve Robinson production!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Looking forward to this one.

Will Bunn continue to experiment with the team formation?

How will the result at Bradford affect team selection?

Will Lyden feature?

Will Jose start?

if it was me, I’d start with:

Iversen

Hamer, Edmundson, Clarke, Hunt

Nepocumeno, Lyden, Gardner, Lang

Surridge, O’Grady

With Baxter, Dummigan & Missilou/Maouche featuring from the bench.