Wellens had a dream start but it turned out he was given a contract way to early...Wild has been a dream but credit has to go to the players too.

We need to take our time and get this next appointment right, if in the meantime we keep winning.....happy days😁

We're not a million miles away (/Ronnie) from promotion. We were 3pts ahead of Carlisle whilst we were winning against Exeter. They're now a couple of points from the auto spots. Get this appointment right, and get a couple of decent signings out of this cup money and we're well in with a chance.

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

For me I don’t see the rush in signing a new manager. If Wild continues like this why would you change it. Leave him as interim when we need a change he can still go back to his other job. 

That's the way I see it. Plus Clarke has a new lease of life, his performance today was rolling back the years. 

Wild himself sees he is not ready yet to be a manager full time. He’s a decent bloke so let him have a long connection with his club through the academy for now. We know how long the average manager stays in post and a bad run would see him gone. For now let him enjoy the ride.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Ask him now and he might feel differently!

No, feet on on the ground. He saw what happened with Wellens.

We need to be fast tracking him as future Oldham manager though. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11730/11600660/oldham-fan-pete-wild-ready-to-step-down-as-caretaker-boss-after-fa-cup-win-over-fulham

Just now, oafcmetty said:

Wild applied for another club's manager job a few months back. Didn't get an interview. Can't blame him for wanting to build his experience before making the leap.

Bloody glad he didn't get it! 

The club was rocky a month ago. 

Are things stabising a bit now? 

Scholes now joint favourite with his odds slashed from 14/1 in less than a day says to me there has to be something in it to me.

We all love Wildy for what he has done these last few weeks but I dont personally think it would be the right thing to do by offering him the job permanently or even until the end of the season.

Jump on the good feeling at the moment in the club & around football for us today. Appoint Scholes which would bring tremendously good publicity to us (something we haven't had much of in recent times) & practically guarantees another 150k+ when BT and BBC are fighting over us to put our 4th Rd win at Old Trafford on live TV.

You know it makes sense. 😎😁