11 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Bookies should pay out on Wild by end of Yeovil game. 

Ka-ching. 

Edited by rudemedic

10 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I heard that Corney had to jump through all of these hoops to appoint Darren Kelly.

So is it Salford or BT that needs ironing out next week?

2 papers suggesting different things.

Why “MUST” he quit BT?

Or if it’s Salford that is the sticking point what clarification does the EFL/FA want? It’s either ok to remain part owner now or not. Why does that need a meeting another week from now?

So there are still massive uncertainties over Scholes actually becoming manager.  If this is true how come some on here said it’s signed and sealed?!

This puts paid to him helping us secure any decent players on loan before tomorrow’s deadline....unless he joins in a coaching capacity or is that still a breach?  Yes he could help even if there’s risk of him not managing but would those players join us if AL remains picking the team whilst we secure Scholes.

The bloke didn’t conduct due diligence when buying the club and now done the same with Scholes, which led to this managerial appointment dragging on for weeks.

The more I’m reading on this bloke, the more I’m inclined to agree with his critics that he’s potless, a chancer and will ultimately be the final nail in our coffin.  This is a bloke who’s screwed up the recruitment process whilst the transfer windows open, putting to an end the strengthening desperately needed, supposedly interfering with player selection and refusing to play or select some players again.  The last two points he promised in the media he wouldn’t repeat.

He’s avoided a meeting with the Trust and hasn’t exactly chased for this to be rescheduled hence them meeting our ex-owners/landlords instead.  Is his openness to the Trust and fans purely lip service with recruitment now very much on his terms, alongside selection, to advertise his players on the market? Perhaps he has more of an interest in this than merely being  their employer?

If Jim White references Scholes and us tomorrow, perhaps we message his show and ask Simon Jordan his opinion ... he was firmly in the camp that owners do not interfere and stay away from selection and recruitment.  If nobody’s signed tomorrow and the managerial position drags on then we vote with our feet and boycott matches?

Edited by Midsblue

27 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

So there are still massive uncertainties over Scholes actually becoming manager.  If this is true how come some on here said it’s signed and sealed?!

This puts paid to him helping us secure any decent players on loan before tomorrow’s deadline....unless he joins in a coaching capacity or is that still a breach?  Yes he could help even if there’s risk of him not managing but would those players join us if AL remains picking the team whilst we secure Scholes.

The bloke didn’t conduct due diligence when buying the club and now done the same with Scholes, which led to this managerial appointment dragging on for weeks.

The more I’m reading on this bloke, the more I’m inclined to agree with his critics that he’s potless, a chancer and will ultimately be the final nail in our coffin.  This is a bloke who’s screwed up the recruitment process whilst the transfer windows open, putting to an end the strengthening desperately needed, supposedly interfering with player selection and refusing to play or select some players again.  The last two points he promised in the media he wouldn’t repeat.

He’s avoided a meeting with the Trust and hasn’t exactly chased for this to be rescheduled hence them meeting our ex-owners/landlords instead.  Is his openness to the Trust and fans purely lip service with recruitment now very much on his terms, alongside selection, to advertise his players on the market? Perhaps he has more of an interest in this than merely being  their employer?

If Jim White references Scholes and us tomorrow, perhaps we message his show and ask Simon Jordan his opinion ... he was firmly in the camp that owners do not interfere and stay away from selection and recruitment.  If nobody’s signed tomorrow and the managerial position drags on then we vote with our feet and boycott matches?

Spot on Mids. 

If people want to look past everything you’ve put,  (Which a fair few do) then it’s blind hope. Which actually is to be admired, because without those folk we would be non league already. However it doesn’t cushion the fact we are going one way and isn’t up. 

I still can’t get my head around why Scholes would take the job. We have a very average squad, no money, no back room staff, no board, and an egomaniac for an owner. People keep saying ‘we don’t know his wealth’ Well I’d say our squad and late wages tells you a lot about his bank account. Even if you had affinity with the club though, and you had been living on Mars, one conversation with Bunn would put you in the picture. 

The whole club is a circus. It’s really sad. 

50 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So is it Salford or BT that needs ironing out next week?

2 papers suggesting different things.

Why “MUST” he quit BT?

Or if it’s Salford that is the sticking point what clarification does the EFL/FA want? It’s either ok to remain part owner now or not. Why does that need a meeting another week from now?

I presume the hold up will be BT due to the number of times we are scheduled to be televised, so there will be a conflict of interest.

47 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Is it really worth all this trouble for a guy less qualified than Darren Kelly?

It’s a good point... I think we can write this season off for certain. 

If (and it’s a big if) Scholes is his left to his own devices over the summer then hopefully we can see us flourish next season.

However, I have absolutely no faith in the leadership at the club and i do fear that the long term future of the club is at severe risk.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, singe said:

The Guardian writer doesn't rule out the Oldham job either.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/23/paul-scholes-class-of-92-manchester-united-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

i have mixed feelings about Scholes.

Yes, he has huge experience, and he will definitely raise the profile. He has the contacts too for players, albeit he has burned his bridges somewhat at Old Trafford. He will attract a different calibre of player. He has the contacts and profile to raise money too, if AL allows that.

But what has he been doing for 5 years? He talks about the need to get a coaching job, but does not seem to have done much about it. It takes about 18 montyhs to do the Pro Licence. I wonder if that is the others & his wife  statingwhat heed needs rather than whet he feels himself. I hope it is not that he feels he should be entiteld to walk into any job, or because he is a bit bored now.

Here in 2016, he does not seem that bothered about being a manager. Maybe time away is showing how he misses it, but no sign of the "made no secret of his desire to coach" here

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-scholes-manager-11844027

Here, in 2017, he had been doing some Youth coaching at Latics as part of his A Licence.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-scholes-manager-11844027

We know how shifty he has been about his support for Latics. But being a fan should have absolutely no bearing of him managing us, I'd like to think there is an affinity at least.

But he did apply. He must know the situation regarding his shares, if he is serious about managing. I think that is the delay. He must have looked into last time he applied.

He has the Graeme Sharp type issue re coachingh of not bothering to learn to drive, not an issue in itself,  but it causing issues with him doing the job.

His quiet charachter is often raised, but sometimes fewer words are better.

On balance, I think it is worth a punt, to lance the boil. Maybe the oft touted experience guy behind him to assist and avoid obvious pitfalls.

It's looking increasingly like this. 

Today's articles stating we are not even talking to the FA/EFL till next week, which shows an alarming lack of preparation on Scholes part, (how much prep will he do for matches and the opposition!) and also Lemsagam's. 

8 hours ago, Midsblue said:

If no manager is appointed by the weekend and the sides not strengthened significantly then that's me for the season, morally I can't support a guy with an agenda like AL's, happy to be proved wrong in the next day or two but as I did with Corney I smell a rat here and in my opinion this could get a whole lot worse if this guy thinks he continue to run the club the way it is.