Chris Iwelumo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem like it is

No pictures taken by himself on there, the ones used are press photos.

Tweets are very generic, and come across like a young fan... he wouldn't say "Looks like it's Oldham for me!" and change his bio to already being on loan.

And no interaction with fellow players except Daniel Pudil telling him to stop imitating Iwelumo.

Oh, and here's the big one! "28 Jan: For those asking life at notts county is good at the moment just have to wait and see what happens time will tell" He went back to Watford on the 7th!!

Edited by Simpo

Tweets are very generic, and come across like a young fan... he wouldn't say "Looks like it's Oldham for me!" and change his bio to already being on loan.

And no interaction with fellow players except Daniel Pudil telling him to stop imitating Iwelumo.

Oh, and here's the big one! "28 Jan: For those asking life at notts county is good at the moment just have to wait and see what happens time will tell" He went back to Watford on the 7th!!

Most impressive.

You need to get out more.

(Don't look at my post count before replying to that)

Have you ever thought of sending CV to MI5, MI6 etc, etc. :)

He has over 100 career goals and has reached double figures 6 times in his career all at this level or above

Not to mention been capped at international level as recently as qualifying for Euro's last summer

Could be crap could be a coup. One thing we should be willing to do is give him a chance, at least he has the experience to be up for a relegation dog fight

:detectivegm0:

It seems I may of been wrong....

Smith shrugged off his injury after the game and would have been on until the end. Simpson is Simpson but he did provide the much needed support for Smith up front. It is obvious what you get with Smith, even Townsend commented in the first half, I've just watched a recording and still got nervous towards the end(!), that he needed someone to play alongside him. Smith has improved with every game, his strength, his awareness, his confidence, his accuracy - he is a player in form and getting better. The obvious person for which we need cover? I think not! he just has to have someone to play alongside him. I would start with Simpson and put Taylor on as a sub in the second. Iwelumo would be a mistake unless there are other signings to come. We need a right back, a left wing and a quicker more mobile striker before a big lump.

And another thing we didn't just lump the ball forward against Liverpool so going two lumps up front would be a backward step.

Edited by Hands on

I met chris in Gaucho on Friday night and got talking to him and mentioned we needed a striker. He know PD and GT and tetx his agen that night. His mrs wants him in the North West plus the fact that he wasn't playing at Watford made him interested in coming to Oldham.

He seemed a genuine bloke and took a lot of interest about Latics.

If he is a hit I'll take the credit, if he is pants I'll leave the country!!

That's right. If he's :censored:, it's all your fault!