Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting snippets from Give Me Sport website following his interview -

He went some way to revealing clues about the football team he may soon be the owner of and also stated that he wants his own TV channel.

"The particular club we're looking at the remedy for it is there," he added. "It was a huge club previously and it just needs that little bit of extra investment to take it to the next level.

"By bringing in the personnel that were previously associated with the club at its heyday and bringing people in who are genuine club supporters it will excite the fans.

"Once I get the football club I will definitely have my own TV channel which will cover my three sports; racing, rugby and football."

Is this honestly us? Does this mean Royle (previously associated with club at its heyday) and Scholes (people who are genuine club supporters)?

:censored:ing exciting if it is us he's going for.......

Very interesting snippets from Give Me Sport (edit - MEN too) website following his interview -

He went some way to revealing clues about the football team he may soon be the owner of and also stated that he wants his own TV channel.

"The particular club we're looking at the remedy for it is there," he added. "It was a huge club previously and it just needs that little bit of extra investment to take it to the next level.

"By bringing in the personnel that were previously associated with the club at its heyday and bringing people in who are genuine club supporters it will excite the fans.

"Once I get the football club I will definitely have my own TV channel which will cover my three sports; racing, rugby and football."

Is this honestly us? Does this mean Royle (previously associated with club at its heyday) and Scholes (people who are genuine club supporters)?

Mentioned this to the wife, her reply "What like Alan Hardy?!"

Talk about pissing on our chips…….

Edited by oafcprozac

Very interesting snippets from Give Me Sport website following his interview -

Worth a listen: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/22950208

1. Haven't Leeds just got new owners? I know can change all the time but still...

2. Can Leeds be classed as the north west?

3. Why would the question come up about ground sharing because they obviously don't need to move!

Just to clarify I don't think or believe its us until it happens.

Another piece of the puzzle that fits, is the rumours that have been going round for months that Royle and Scholes would be involved with a takeover of the club.

It didn't sound likely at the time, but it fits in with the Dr's comments.

I would say it is us on the basis he said he tried with a championship club a few months ago but things didn't work out. Leeds were only taken over a few months ago again!

He nearly bought a Championship club prior to his involvement in horse racing which began in 2007.

I wont believe it until I see stables at BP or hear it directly from the horses mouth. :dedhrse:

Ask his horse Our Gabrial, it's running in the first race at Hamilton tomorrow.

Edited by BP1960

"By bringing in the personnel that were previously associated with the club at its heyday and bringing people in who are genuine club supporters it will excite the fans"...

Not wanting to pour cold water on any excitement, but could he mean Barry Chaytow, who said in 2006:

'I will resign as Chairman and as a Director, but I would hope it to be only a temporary state of affairs. If the deal goes through, then I will be back very soon.'

'In the circumstances we feel that for me to stay on as a member of the Board at present would be a conflict of interest, so it is my intention to make a formal offer to purchase the football club along with the freehold land'

http://www.oldhamath...134/index.shtml

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Not wanting to pour cold water on any excitement, but could he mean Barry Chaytow, who said in 2006:

'I will resign as Chairman and as a Director, but I would hope it to be only a temporary state of affairs. If the deal goes through, then I will be back very soon.'

'In the circumstances we feel that for me to stay on as a member of the Board at present would be a conflict of interest, so it is my intention to make a formal offer to purchase the football club along with the freehold land'

http://www.oldhamath...134/index.shtml

Thought Chaytow was a Bolton fan, in which case, that wouldn't add up with the comment about genuine supporters.

Dont think you could say chaytow was involved in the clubs heyday tbf

Thought Chaytow was a Bolton fan, in which case, that wouldn't add up with the comment about genuine supporters.

Dr. K may not know these details.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns