New Manager thread.

Warburton is a pipe dream. We'd have to pay compensation to a club who would themselves have to find a new manager to come in on an interim basis and risk undermining their push for the Premier League.

Plus he'll walk into a Championship job when he departs Griffin Park.

I suspect if we were appointing Warburton he would come in after the end of the season. But, as you say, he's well out of our reach so it's irrelevant.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is to say that a Warburton appointment at the end of the season is only a pipe dream.

He will be out of contract and has been told that what ever happens his contract will not be renewed. Which means he will be out of work.

He was on a coach / assistant wages of a league 1 club that was signed, pre take over and cash to spend foreign ownership days.

We now have in the region of 75K (if you believe what read) in wages set aside for our new managers wage budget which won't be far off most league 1 managers 18 month - 2 year contract. + wages saved from LJ & Tommy.

I don't think it is a pipe dream at all.

Odd comments from Scholes about the "timing not being right." It's not often you get the chance to take over a team that's doing well, new managers are usually drafted in when the :censored:s about to hit the fan. If he came in now he'd inherit a decent squad and a set of fans where about 95% or so would love him to have a go. Also this generation of players will know just what a fantastic player he was and have total resect for him, give it another 5 years and that won't be the case as much.

Of course his comments could refer to things in his personal life, I seem to remember he retired from international duty beause he wanted to spend more time at home.

Scholes seems like we have to wait until he says it's okay before we get the opportunity to let him manage us. Which is completely the wrong way round.

Notwithstanding the fact that he's dour and uninsightful on ITV. Not for me.

Like Dickov said, there's only 92 of these jobs, it should be an honour to have one, and we should be able to hire someone, in the position we're in, who would bust a gut for us.

Scholes seems like we have to wait until he says it's okay before we get the opportunity to let him manage us. Which is completely the wrong way round.

Notwithstanding the fact that he's dour and uninsightful on ITV. Not for me.

Like Dickov said, there's only 92 of these jobs, it should be an honour to have one, and we should be able to hire someone, in the position we're in, who would bust a gut for us.

Maybe the Man United arrogance is on show here from Mr S?

Who is to say that a Warburton appointment at the end of the season is only a pipe dream.

He will be out of contract and has been told that what ever happens his contract will not be renewed. Which means he will be out of work.

He was on a coach / assistant wages of a league 1 club that was signed, pre take over and cash to spend foreign ownership days.

We now have in the region of 75K (if you believe what read) in wages set aside for our new managers wage budget which won't be far off most league 1 managers 18 month - 2 year contract. + wages saved from LJ & Tommy.

I don't think it is a pipe dream at all.

It's more of a pipedream than Scholes.

Just seen some nice words from Rick Holden's facebook page, thought I would share

To all my latics friends.
This has gone mad. Even the press are ringing me!! I have thought long and hard about applying for the Latics job and cannot commit now as I have too many projects rolling. (The arrogance- wouldn't get an interview anyway). I can't just drop things on the Rock it would be unfair and impractical. Your response however, as fans has stunned me beyond belief and I began to get eidetic emotions. I didn't realize the passion we olde boys created and equally I didn't evaluate my feelings for the club which were hidden in me deeply to such a point that they are difficult to express with words. I will apply for the job one day In a less hasty situation as I know now that I do want to do the job some time in the near future.
Once again your support has been overwhelming and thank you.
Rick

Just think that if we could get Uwe Rossler with Gunnar it would be a great combination for the club. I know that Rossler didn't do well at

Wigan but Malky McKay is struggling there and I suspect there are other underlying problems at the plastic Latics. Hopefully they are on their way back to where they belong: Non League

Just seen some nice words from Rick Holden's facebook page, thought I would share

Richard William Holden

5 hrs ·

To all my latics friends.

This has gone mad. Even the press are ringing me!! I have thought long and hard about applying for the Latics job and cannot commit now as I have too many projects rolling. (The arrogance- wouldn't get an interview anyway). I can't just drop things on the Rock it would be unfair and impractical. Your response however, as fans has stunned me beyond belief and I began to get eidetic emotions. I didn't realize the passion we olde boys created and equally I didn't evaluate my feelings for the club which were hidden in me deeply to such a point that they are difficult to express with words. I will apply for the job one day In a less hasty situation as I know now that I do want to do the job some time in the near future.

Once again your support has been overwhelming and thank you.

Rick

What a legend. It's like he thinks we have forgotten about him. As if. `We need an Rick Holden Appreciation Society, and an annual Rick Holden Day. At the very least. Edited by singe

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't a clue who they want as the new Manager or who they expect to be the new Manager.

I was nowhere near guessing before Dickov or Johnson were appointed. Last time I hoped for Iain Dowie but expected Phil Brown.

In the end we'll probably appoint an ex-Championship player, aged 35, who's currently playing in the French Ligue 2, and is married to a Swedish pop singer!

:dntknw:

Latest odds for anyone interested http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/oldham/next-permanent-manager