New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Frankie Bunn also linked in paper this morning alongside linking Joel Coleman to Huddersfield (by the same journalist that did the Sheridan links to Bolton/Leeds)

In the Mirror by that Alan Nixon?

Going for legends is a bit of a ploy to get fans back on side. That being said, after how it worked with Sheridan, I think it's a legitimate path to take, even though I can't see fans being able to get behind a manager in the same way again.

Edited by NewBlue

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no players at the moment, it would make a newbie higher risk than normal - if they fail you are lumbered with their team and a restricted loan system.

Hard to be fussed at the moment - feels as though we are a transient temporary club with managers and players moving in and on.

A mate was drinking with Shez yesterday pre the Play-Offs and when I texted to ask why he had left - Money was the reply.

With no players at the moment, it would make a newbie higher risk than normal - if they fail you are lumbered with their team and a restricted loan system.

Hard to be fussed at the moment - feels as though we are a transient temporary club with managers and players moving in and on.

A mate was drinking with Shez yesterday pre the Play-Offs and when I texted to ask why he had left - Money was the reply.

but is that money for his pocket or money for players tho a quote from a wendys fan who was sat with him was we are "all but gone "

Was part of Ritchie's Barnsley team that got promoted from this :censored:hole division, albeit as a physio he was very vocal on their bench as they dicked us 3-0 at home.. If we are going to appoint a rookie I'd be more behind him than anyone and he is far more experienced than Darren Kelly

He was assistant manager & Physio. Surely Corney can get behind a concept where he can appoint 1 man for 2 jobs. Edited by palmer1

Someone who's not been mentioned who might want to give it a go to get back into management Neil Lennon, worked with nothing at Bolton and wasent being paid for a while there, easy way back in for him and somewhere to rebuild his reputation

Where do I get my bet on?

Someone who's not been mentioned who might want to give it a go to get back into management Neil Lennon, worked with nothing at Bolton and wasent being paid for a while there, easy way back in for him and somewhere to rebuild his reputation

No chance and thank god for that. Horrible and clueless. Daren Kelly could win the SPL as Celtic manager. At Bolton he undoubtedly had massive problems and showed no inkling that he had anything approaching a solution.

Why do people think Holden would be a good appointment??? People talk about Darren Kelly's lack of contacts, :censored:ing hell. Club legend yes, future manager, please God no. Same with Curtis Woodhouse. Yes he may have loads of passion and desire but what contacts will he have. It didn't work with sheridan keeping us up because he was a club legend it was because he's an experienced manager at this level.

Frankie would be a bit of a gamble in that he hasn't managed, but he has been a pretty successful coach at every level. He'd be a good fit in terms of bringing young players through. He'd also be very popular. I love the bloke. Great centre forward for us. I think it would be a wise choice to lift the current frustration. What's there not to love? But he'll still need to be given some extra investment.

Altogether, "frankie frankie frankie frankie frankie frankie frankie frankie frankie bunn.'