New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can see your point about Woodhouse, I did say it would be interesting if he had Shirtliff alongside and Gerrard back in defence...alongside those 2 with his leadership we maybe onto something, who knows?

We just need something to give is a bit of a spark back.

We've got the spark from the form and results in the second half of the season.

Having decided to dwell on this for a day I have come to accept shez leaving, I won't lie his legendary status to me has taken a huge dent, I'm not a Corney lover or hater I think he does what a normal man would do in his situation, same as any of us would have to, run the club to a budget and I don't know what people think he could have done differently with shez. Corney isn't stupid he wouldn't have offered a rise if the money wouldn't work, he wouldn't have paid £100k for poleon without a pot to piss in, as for the loan from the scousers can that not be explained by the unexpected sacking of 2 lots of backroom staff?

In terms of a new manager, I don't feel the need for a name or huge amounts of experience. I want someone committed to providing continuity with a strong personality to lead us from the front, bringing young players through and developing what he have and sign to make a profit that's the way we need to make money until the football brings the fans back, they are there as Liverpool and Everton matches proved, no it wasn't a sell out but it was double our normal attendance. As a fan I've seen the tail end of a superb team, legends to us such a Ritchie and holden, followed by numerous bad experiences of poor matches, near bankruptcy and relegations with the odd amazing cup run and playoff appearance sprinkled in, my best memories aren't of the team or players or managers or chairman it's walking onto the chaddy aged 9 to see thousands of people singing, starting a song for the first time on the concourse at forest away, but mostly it's standing next to my fellow working men as brothers in a united cause, no matter who the new manager is, young or old,rookie or veteran they aren't supposed to be the linchpin and will never be, that's including shez, we are.

Curtis Woodhouse

1. He applied!!

2. Just passed his UEFA badges

3. The fact he's had some managerial experience albeit non league puts him ahead of most our recent choices

4. He's a character and a fighter...literally! He's not worried about working on a :censored: budget, just wants to get the best out of players through hard work and a bit of self belief

This

Why has Sky stopped showing the odds? Is this what you men by suspended? - Yes.

Honestly, i don't have a clue. Does it mean a new manager is imminent? Probably not, Markets can be suspended for many reasons (updated info, large size or volume of bet, etc etc....)