Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

It's very worrying if he leaves. We've got few contracted players who are good enough for this level and the manager is part of the selling point to retaining the adequate ones.

If he goes we're really back to square one.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume people do realise that if he gets sacked his contract gets paid up (it may take the period of the contract to do so)? He'd be bonkers not to take the Leeds job.

As for the retained list. He will do a professional job until he gets the Leeds/other bigger club job, as he may just be here next year.

Sheridan is not daft enough to take a precarious job at Leeds. Surely he will realise that he is better off on a lower salary at a club who have had 5 managers in 13 months and working for a chairman who has already sacked him once?

??

Whilst it seems very possible that he will be going to Leeds, it's worth remembering that the journalist who broke this story also said he was going to Bolton 2 weeks ago.

As an aside, Nigel Adkins has just been sacked and Shez is 3rd favourite for the Sheffield United job in the early betting!

And Redfearn is 5/4 for the Blackburn job

Got to laugh at the irony of our fans calling Cellino for being volatile and trigger-happy...Darren Kelly was defending rumours about his job safety after 1 game and sacked after 7 :laught30::laught30::laught30:

Hope this Shez-Leeds rumour is bollocks but it appears to be growing legs. The optimism I have for next season massively hinges on Shez staying :unsure:

Matt Chambers tweeted that Latics say they have heard nothing from Leeds.

Corney's ideal scenario isn't it... Shez gets tapped up by Leeds and the fine we seem destined to get, from when we tapped him up at Newport, is paid by the one Leeds then owe us! Genius!

Know it's been done to death and I'm not even sure it'd be the right appointment now. But, I struggle to see how Dowie wanted a budget bigger than we were prepared to offer previously but has now taken a travelling salesman's job with a Carpet distributor or wherever he is...

Probably on twice as much money as a carpet distributor than our manager to be fair.

And he's still picking up work on Sky, which would be unlikely with us given we play most days they'd need him (he does the lower-leagues obviously).

And he's still picking up work on Sky, which would be unlikely with us given we play most days they'd need him (he does the lower-leagues obviously).

He did an MLS game the other night. Which admittedly is like our lower league :grin:

Now only 5/6 on SkyBet. Odd that he's been 1/6 for about a week, news reports come out that a deal's almost done and then he goes out to almost even money... Maybe a 'source' has now suggested there's no deal afteral.

Now only 5/6 on SkyBet. Odd that he's been 1/6 for about a week, news reports come out that a deal's almost done and then he goes out to almost even money... Maybe a 'source' has now suggested there's no deal afteral.

I hope he stays. Really do. Might cry if he leaves