Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

I suppose like many I think that having given my commitment to the club/team/manager in way of season ticket etc, all we want is a little titbit of recognition and information on what is happening .. as opposed to yet another advert for some meal or another/new ticket prices etc ..

it's a simple case of justification as to why I should put my hand in my pocket to whatever degree! ... in fact I support any sponsor fully in that respect.

Oldham Athletic .. at least tell us what the fook is going on

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now, do we honestly expect and open and honest statement from the club on the real drivers behind this decision?

Sheridan is off. Compo is undisclosed. Search for a replacement is already underway.

We will then hire a complete novice.

Come on now, do we honestly expect and open and honest statement from the club on the real drivers behind this decision?

Sheridan is off. Compo is undisclosed. Search for a replacement is already underway.

Won't be a novice. I'm 100% certain they wont go that route again, unless it was a major name, such as Scholes..... but that has zero chance of happening.

But you're not going next season are you?

It's a good job, there will be plenty of good applicants.

Does make me laugh when lower league teams (including ours) bang on about the high number of applicants (often throwing the word 'quality' in there)... How many are from certifiable nutters who's only qualification is reading the sports pages of the Star or someone that runs an obscure junior set up somewhere.... oh.... hang on...

Sheridan's agent has been actively pushing his name for every vacant job in the last 2 weeks which would indicate that something has gone wrong between Shez and the board.

My thoughts are that because of S/T offer , cost of new stand etc Shez has been told his budget for next season is less than originally forecast and he has said "thanks but no thanks".

Maybe there was a clause in his contract enabling Sheridan to leave for reduced compo if we won the games involved in the season-ticket offer, as he knew that could really effect next seasons budget..

Maybe there was a clause in his contract enabling Sheridan to leave for reduced compo if we won the games involved in the season-ticket offer, as he knew that could really effect next seasons budget..

The contract he signed in January ????

Does make me laugh when lower league teams (including ours) bang on about the high number of applicants (often throwing the word 'quality' in there)... How many are from certifiable nutters who's only qualification is reading the sports pages of the Star or someone that runs an obscure junior set up somewhere.... oh.... hang on...

Like you say, they won't do that again.

Or at least I don't think they will...

Christ this is horrible this waiting to hear whether it's one way or another. The silence is deafening....

Football is passion and if he goes yes some of us rightly will be pissed off and may never forgive ect, however I've come around to another way of thinking when a couple of posters previously have said at eh end of the day it's a job and if you are offered better you would go. Damn right I would go if it was me.

Then it opens up the question if he does go that is, what was the better offer? Will we ever know? Maybe not I tend to believe things come out in the wash eventually.

I hope, yes hope that Shezza is doing what I did once, got another job offer and went back to my current employer and negotiated. For me it was a case of better the devil you know.

It's a lot of what if's until the club makes an up to date statement. It's just bloody agony until then..aagghh

Christ this is horrible this waiting to hear whether it's one way or another. The silence is deafening....

Football is passion and if he goes yes some of us rightly will be pissed off and may never forgive ect, however I've come around to another way of thinking when a couple of posters previously have said at eh end of the day it's a job and if you are offered better you would go. Damn right I would go if it was me.

Then it opens up the question if he does go that is, what was the better offer? Will we ever know? Maybe not I tend to believe things come out in the wash eventually.

I hope, yes hope that Shezza is doing what I did once, got another job offer and went back to my current employer and negotiated. For me it was a case of better the devil you know.

It's a lot of what if's until the club makes an up to date statement. It's just bloody agony until then..aagghh

I don't blame Sheridan one bit (unless something is revealed at a later date - hardly think it will) .. but it's the apparent 'bury our heads in the sand' attitudes from the club that annoys me

Well if it does happen I look forward to read his comment on the notts county website.. can't wait for the line I can't talk about the reasons but if people knew they would understand..

If this goes through I will lose faith in all things football, particularly after JS sat in front of the fans spouting off what now appears to be a load of rubbish..

Plus I was supposed to ha e a training session with him, who will take it now? Fatty Lee Croft doing shuttle runs with Murphy and cassidy..

Chron says it's done.....new boss search starts today!

This is what frustrates me with the club because I wouldn't doubt for a minute that new boss search starts today or probably even next Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Sheridan has been linked to three jobs so you would expect to have a contingency in place with the club to secure an immediate replacement. Our supposed links and networking should have ability to identify the next manager rather than asking for applicants, which is a complete waste of time.