Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shall see.

He never came across as a stupid person, a bit arrogant and inexperienced? Of course. But lots of people do that in their first step into supervisor roles and he made the mistake of keeping Dean Holden and not putting experience round him.

That coupled with the awful situation he took over from, means I will reserve judgement.

We shall see.

He never came across as a stupid person, a bit arrogant and inexperienced? Of course. But lots of people do that in their first step into supervisor roles and he made the mistake of keeping Dean Holden and not putting experience round him.

That coupled with the awful situation he took over from, means I will reserve judgement.

My thoughts exactly, what Dunn tried to do was make League 1 footballers keep possession like Spain, what he failed to grasp was that half of ours struggle to pass to a team mate. If he gets the job good luck to him.

My thoughts exactly, what Dunn tried to do was make League 1 footballers keep possession like Spain, what he failed to grasp was that half of ours struggle to pass to a team mate. If he gets the job good luck to him.

I'm struggling to explain why he had Fuller comes short for goal kicks and throws to then be stranded miles from play having flicked it on to nobody. I really do think he's an idiot.

I hope that Shez still sees unfinished business at OAFC and wont be tempted off too easily . I am surpised at this Bolton link as he only played 33 times there compared to 144 for us as well as managing here.

If it has been mentioned before my biggest concern would be Leeds who are likely to have another vacancy around late October unless they are doing well.

In Shez we trust!

I'm struggling to explain why he had Fuller comes short for goal kicks and throws to then be stranded miles from play having flicked it on to nobody. I really do think he's an idiot.

I forgot we'd had Fuller.

It's been a long year.

I'd hold nothing against him if he got the job there, I just doubt that he'd be up to the job there. It won't be easy.

I heard on the grapevine Shez met with Bolton earlier this week.

Wouldn't surprise me.

The rumour isn't baseless, as the club wouldn't have so quickly put out the type of statement they did. They didn't do that just to stop a dozen fans on an internet message board speculating.

I heard on the grapevine Shez met with Bolton earlier this week.

He couldn't do that without the club's permission - which after the strongly worded statement the club put out earlier this week, would appear highly unlikely. Notwithstanding how Tescogate appeared when he was still manager of Newport - which was explained by his contract status in South Wales not being one of a fixed contract of employment.

The journo guy on Twitter said Sheridan hadn't met the Bolton owner this week as he isn't even in the country.

Looking through all his threads (and he does seem to cover an awful lot on Bolton) there are essentially two owners, Anderson & Holdsworth with the former wanting Sheridan as first choice. He was apparently out of the country this week but Shez is also the recommendation of Townswend who is acting as the football consultant. He could have met him (and probably wouldn't need any kind of permission to do so).

The journo guy on Twitter said Sheridan hadn't met the Bolton owner this week as he isn't even in the country.

Really? Which journo? We've still got 2 games to go, points to play for, league positions (which if I believe correctly, you get money for each higher place in it - even if it's only a small amount it all counts), young kids to possibly give a game and see how they perform. Should he not be taking training and preparing the team for tomorrow?

I hope the journo is wrong.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Really? Wjhich journo? We've still got 2 games to go, points to play for, league positions (which if I believe correctly, you get money for each higher place in it - even if it's only a small amount it all counts), young kids to possibly give a game and see how they perform. Should he not be taking training and preparing the team for tomorrow?

I hope the journo is wrong.

Really?