Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

No, but several mangers a year is no way to continue, if a manager is any good he's gone if he's no good he's gone, what we need is stability now.

What we need is a multi millionaire owner with a total desire to see Latics succeed, and not worry about his personal finances. But most clubs outside the premier league probably feel the same way. Players will come and go as will managers. We live in hope.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That job is poisonous for any managers career. The two owners already falling out, transfer embargo, debts still huge, losing millions every year still. Disastrous job to take. Don't be fooled by a shiny stadium John.

Seems like he knows who it is Kevin Davies. He says its someone who knows the league and knows what sort of players it takes to get you out of it. On the betting list rosler is favourite on skybet at the moment. In the programme at Bolton it says the new manager and board are already planning for next season. So surely it can't be shez as we would have heard of an approach.

Davies said something along the lines of, the 2 owners couldn't agree with each others choices so they had decided to go in a different direction, someone not on their original short list.

Davies said something along the lines of, the 2 owners couldn't agree with each others choices so they had decided to go in a different direction, someone not on their original short list.

That sounds very promising.

I think Shez was the right man for them. They will need someone to stop the rot or they will carry on falling into division four. That means someone who knows the league, knows the players and can turn things around on a shoestring. Shez was a perfect fit.

Thankfully, it sounds like they've moved on to someone else.

Basically not ruled himself out if there is an approach, just denies there has been any talks so far.

Not sure why the presenter pushed the issue that much, he answered the question the first time, he didn't need asking 3 times.

Maybe thought he was Paxman.

Edited by BP1960

Basically not ruled himself out if there is an approach, just denies there has been any talks so far.

Not sure why the presenter pushed the issue that much, he answered the question the first time, he didn't need asking 3 times.

He was clearly trying to get him to rule himself out which he wasn't inclined to do. Seemed fair enough to ask again.

Massively disappointing that from Shez, basically just sent out the message that he is open for an approach from Bolton or someone else.....he had a chance to say "I am staying at Oldham and don't want to leave" but he elected to get defensive and twist the answer.

I know people say it's fair enough to try and better yourself but he left Newport to come to us for that reason and all we ware asking is that he has a go for one full season

Just lost a huge amount of respect for Shez there

He's basically going to leave if he gets approached. We can't moan coz that's what he did. I just hope the board have leaner their lesson with cheap inexperienced managers and go after a good tried and tested one should Shez leave. That's what concerns me the most.

The way I've taken Shez's responses is if any decent club bigger than Oldham comes in for him he's off....

Massively disappointing that from Shez, basically just sent out the message that he is open for an approach from Bolton or someone else.....he had a chance to say "I am staying at Oldham and don't want to leave" but he elected to get defensive and twist the answer.

I know people say it's fair enough to try and better yourself but he left Newport to come to us for that reason and all we ware asking is that he has a go for one full season

He deserves a crack with a bigger club.

If he walked tomorrow I'd lose zero respect for him. He rescued us from the abyss. We were destined for League Two with our form and confidence, he turned rock bottom form into promotion form. Mission accomplished. I'd like to see him stay and progress us next year, but Bolton would be a big opportunity for him. I wouldn't begrudge him in the slightest.

If we was offered survival in January at the cost of another manager leaving us straight after nobody would have turned it down. We're in a much better place now than when he came. I'm unreservedly grateful for that.

Maybe i got it all wrong, i am sure i heard him say " i haven't been approached, i have a contract for 2 years and i am not going to Bolton"

You can twist his response anyway you like but that is what he said !

A good result for caretaker manager Jimmy Phillips today so he might get the job.

Shez isn't the most media friendly. No one will care about that though if he takes us to further success next season.

Edited by BP1960

Maybe i got it all wrong, i am sure i heard him say " i haven't been approached, i have a contract for 2 years and i am not going to Bolton"

You can twist his response anyway you like but that is what he said !

usual case on here of folk wanting to hear what they are wanting to hear gives them a chance to spend the next month continuing the speculation

Completely agree. Can;t understand those who do not think it wrong he should do. His achievement was magnificent, but only half the job, it's sill unfinished business for me.

If he was to go Bolton is not the right move or club at the moment,

He'd obviously not lose huge respect, but he would a bit. After 5 mins at Newport, no time at all here, Bolton would be getting to Johnson-esque.

Edited by singe

Don't mind at all If he wants to earn more, or better himself. That's human nature. Jus wish managers wouldn't spout lines like. .

'everyone knows how much this club means to me'

It can lead to false expectations IMO. Just wish they were more honest when they got the job.

'Pleased to be here, I'll do the best I can for the club and it's fans'

That would suffice.