Oldham v Gillingham

I didn't think we were any better than against Vale but just glad to score never mind get the three points. Rot is stopped and if the embargo is lifted then Shez has the chance to bring in some new faces.

Thought we were miles better against Vale. But we won today. All that matters I suppose

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarke mom for me the man is immense, Young George (not Topoff) had a decent game just the one mistake. Fane covered every blade of grass if he could control a ball with his 1st touch he wouldn't be playing for us. Flynn had one of his better games and if Mcglauchlin plays on the left again I may go and have a word with the manager myself.

For Gills everything revolves around Dack, wouldn't be surprised to see him go this transfer window.

:censored: game, don't care. The team worked hard, everyone put a right shift in. Defended well. Midfield still too weak for me. Watched Mckay closely today, his runs are very good, get someone decent next to him (holloway) and I think he'll score a few. 1st goal ive seen us score since Shrewsbury in September.

Which September?

Well done Shez

By no means a classic, but a very enjoyable game. Shezerection round 3, one of them weird goal things, a clean sheet, and three points at home to a half decent side.

The usuals played well, but I was especially impressed with Erwin - for a change. His zigzag run was nearly our goal of the season. Shame about the composure.

I was quite surprised when he was subbed off earlyish into the second half. If you believe what you read, though, he's going back to Leeds to be loaned out to a club in Scotland, unless Shez has seen enough today to want him to stay.

The only negative about today was my failed diving header in the North Stand - I've got a few bruises on my legs this morning.

By no means a classic, but a very enjoyable game. Shezerection round 3, one of them weird goal things, a clean sheet, and three points at home to a half decent side.

The usuals played well, but I was especially impressed with Erwin - for a change. His zigzag run was nearly our goal of the season. Shame about the composure.

I was quite surprised when he was subbed off earlyish into the second half. If you believe what you read, though, he's going back to Leeds to be loaned out to a club in Scotland, unless Shez has seen enough today to want him to stay.

The only negative about today was my failed diving header in the North Stand - I've got a few bruises on my legs this morning.

Pleasing, but that not pleasing...! :wink:

Midfield still too weak for me. Watched Mckay closely today, his runs are very good, get someone decent next to him (holloway) and I think he'll score a few.

Been saying this weeks... Team mates seem blind to his runs

Agree about McKay but the answer is to bring in a midfielder who can actually spot the runs and deliver the ball.

Both Erwin and McKay looked decent today. Only McGlaughlin and Osei seemed to struggle. Osei needs to understand that tracking back is not just about running behind the opposition player who is on the ball.

As for Fane - as Tommy Docherty once said: "he can trap a ball further than I can kick it"...

And so it starts!

I thought the team played with more freedom and McKay looked a better player. Law was quietly efficient and from behind his free kick I felt the wall was not far enough over and so it proved. McLaughlin is playing out of position so looks awkward going forward however he did track back and defend well.

Thought we still struggled with the same mistakes in front of goal but we looked.so much more professional. Balls were controlled and passes found blue shirts.

No way has Sheridan had time to influence anything like that so for me that's a change from the players themselves which can only be a good thing

Thought we still struggled with the same mistakes in front of goal but we looked.so much more professional. Balls were controlled and passes found blue shirts.

No way has Sheridan had time to influence anything like that so for me that's a change from the players themselves which can only be a good thing

It's true that Shez has not had much time, maybe the odd tactical tweak, but as you say the players themselves. Maybe they have got the same lift as us fans.

Fairly solid all over the park and although Gillingham had a few chances we didnt look like conceding.

Clarke was immence as usual and Edmundson was solid.I cant undertstand why he wasnt playing earlier instead of losing a wage to Burgess. George may not see too much game time from now on but if he learns from Clarke and Gerrard it can only help his game

Brian Wilson is a different player to 18 months and ago and never lets us down, confident in his distribution as well which isnt always perfect but he is a right footer playing on the left.

If new forwards are brough in Erwin can go and Mckay could possibly thrive especially if soneone like Holloway can keep the ball in the final 3rd. At the moment the ball never stick and comes back to fast. Yesterday we were screaming out for someone to hold the ball.

Midfield is a big issue as they all want to sit deep and defend. Already there was a difference in Fane though who although cant control a ball to save his life :) he constantly looked to drive forward anc actually tackles rather thzn cover space. They all still sat too deep though, Shez will sort that soon enough. We need a ball player in the middle in the Palmer mould who does simple things well but plays forward. Not Banks!

Flynn needs a kick up the arse as we all know he can do it but unless he has the ball and wants it hes a passanger.

Overall yesterday not a lot changed but there were signs of a more positive attitude with the ball.

Oh and some of them are not fit! Fkn January and not fit!

A wins a win though, one im not sure we would have held on for 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Edited by palmer1