Ex players and that

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So u dont agree he saved us twice. Yiu sat at home thinking hes shit?  We were royally fucked, done for. Honestly think no one else could have saved us

He should have kept his mouth shut and stayed at Carlisle where he'd no doubts be a League one manager right now but that's hot headed Shez for you.

3 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

He should have kept his mouth shut and stayed at Carlisle where he'd no doubts be a League one manager right now but that's hot headed Shez for you.

Doesnt mean he should me mocked he did  very well for oldham, Chesterfield, Carlisle, Newport. He obviously a talented manager.

23 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

PC scored for Fleetwood and Joe Jacobson grabbed a brace.

It was like skins v vests at Orient.

Brill and Wilkinson for Orient and Hunt Lydon and Doyle for Swindon. And Wellens.

I'm totally surprised that Brill is still earning a living as a goalkeeper. Especially in the league.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Several hundred quid coming my way if swindon go up. Few grand if they win the league. 💰.

Does it feel a bit grubby, despite the potential profit? 

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/business-economics/multimillionaire-pro-brexit-backer-makes-300m-bet-against-british-business/05/08/

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 6:45 PM, latics22 said:

Maybe he has brought it on himself and has accepted this role. But he is still a great manager and young ish. If hed stayed at Fleetwood would have done well. If u walk into a team struggling and turn it around, it has to be about motivation and man management. What management is about. Right club right time he would do well. Yiu cant forget, hes coming in to clubs back against the wall and doing well. To then change that team into promotion hopefuls is an incredible difficult task. Strugglers, struggle. It must be hard when you come in and average players do well, u then.put  trust in them. Maybe naive, but still a great manager.

On 9/7/2019 at 6:45 PM, latics22 said:

Maybe he has brought it on himself and has accepted this role. But he is still a great manager and young ish. If hed stayed at Fleetwood would have done well. If u walk into a team struggling and turn it around, it has to be about motivation and man management. What management is about. Right club right time he would do well. Yiu cant forget, hes coming in to clubs back against the wall and doing well. To then change that team into promotion hopefuls is an incredible difficult task. Strugglers, struggle. It must be hard when you come in and average players do well, u then.put  trust in them. Maybe naive, but still a great manager.

In any organisation, I have observed what I term "crisis managers" i.e. intense, no nonsense people who are great at sorting out a dept. in crisis. Once the department is running smoothly again, though, they are not suitable to manage it (for several reasons). 

I think Shez has become one of those. Could carve out a lucrative career doing it if he so wished but think he's now too "stuck in his ways" to manage anything long-term.

Still a legend in my book - both for his playing days with us and his undoubted "saving" of us on a couple of occasions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

He was never staying at Fleetwood; they'd already lined Barton up

1 minute ago, youngen said:

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/aug/30/england-u17s-squad-named-for-poland-trip-300819

Kevin Betsy coaching England U17s in the Syrenska cup. 

Gunnar Halle just guided Norways U16s to 7th place in the U16 tournament in Poland also.

Betsy has been involved in the England youth teams for a few years now

9 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Jack Byrne comes on as sub for Ireland in meaningless friendly against Bulgaria. 

From BBC  sport 

‘League of Ireland player Byrne looked accomplished after his introduction and his clever pass to Stevens was first-timed into the box by the Sheffield United defender, Collins converting to seal the Republic's win.’

3 hours ago, stevesidg said:

From BBC  sport 

‘League of Ireland player Byrne looked accomplished after his introduction and his clever pass to Stevens was first-timed into the box by the Sheffield United defender, Collins converting to seal the Republic's win.’

He had a great game. Getting rave reviews. 

If we had made it work out with us we could possibly have sold him for a wad of cash - and he doesn’t speak a word of French as far as I’m aware.