Ex players and that

Interesting article in The Times this morning about loan managers at the PL clubs featuring Neil Adams who is in that role at Norwich. Makes it pretty evident why our chances of getting promising youngsters from the big clubs has receded massively 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Interesting article in The Times this morning about loan managers at the PL clubs featuring Neil Adams who is in that role at Norwich. Makes it pretty evident why our chances of getting promising youngsters from the big clubs has receded massively 

Ah... you mean that he is in charge of managing which players go out on loan 😀

I thought that you meant Norwich had brought him in on loan to be manager for a short time... now THAT would be an interesting concept. Jose Mourinho anybody?

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I thought that you meant Norwich had brought him in on loan to be manager for a short time... now THAT would be an interesting concept. Jose Mourinho anybody?

Mourinho bows to the master: Shez....

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Mourinho would have to be employed as a manager to go out on loan as one. Bit like Solskjaer from Molde; that's going well 😂

Surridge was different gravy. Obvs didn't like it here but was so much better than L2. 6'3, took players on for fun and could finish with absolute ease. He turned that Fulham game when he came on. Luckily we had Lang to step into the void he left but now we have Desire and Urko. Fuck sake.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Surridge was different gravy. Obvs didn't like it here but was so much better than L2. 6'3, took players on for fun and could finish with absolute ease. He turned that Fulham game when he came on. Luckily we had Lang to step into the void he left but now we have Desire and Urko. Fuck sake.

I'm not convinced we've still got Urko (I hope). He seems to have disappeared from the club altogether, unless he's on his holibobs.

15 hours ago, jsslatic said:

What on earth are you talking about? He played throughout December and on NYD.

It was widely reported he was on a SEASON LONG loan which mysteriously changed to half season.

To my recollection he didn't figure much mid season until the cup run started and wasn't expected to play at Fulham but made the bench.

If I'm not factually correct my apologies but to my mind he "looked after" himself during his spell on loan and didn't show as much commitment as Lang did. 

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm not convinced we've still got Urko (I hope). He seems to have disappeared from the club altogether, unless he's on his holibobs.

He was at the ground on Saturday I stood next to him briefly on the main stand lower near the exit. He’s in better shape than he looks on the pitch. 

31 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He was at the ground on Saturday I stood next to him briefly on the main stand lower near the exit. He’s in better shape than he looks on the pitch. 

Oh, so he is around, but if he's the answer, God knows what the question is.

• Like 1