Next Oldham Manager?

What did Moiseley say?

He did say the potential investors would have no say in the next managers appointment incase the deal didn't go through.

If that statement is true and not bullshit

there is no way a new manager is going to come here under those circumstances, and especially one who is currently in a job.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What did Moiseley say?

He did say the potential investors would have no say in the next managers appointment incase the deal didn't go through.

there is no way a new manager is going to come here under those circumstances, and especially one who is currently in a job.

That's definitely what he said. Whether or not that's true is another matter. As others have alluded to, if that were true, why wouldn't the principle extend to the players we've signed that the previous manager apparently wasn't keen on?

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Why is Ferguson's ability at improving sides relevant but Correa's isn't? 

I didnt say it was irrelevant. I said he was unknown. He's never managed in England and may not speak the language fluency. All relevant...

What is his record improving sides managed at our level in whatever country?

10 minutes ago, bozman said:

That's definitely what he said. Whether or not that's true is another matter. As others have alluded to, if that were true, why wouldn't the principle extend to the players we've signed that the previous manager apparently wasn't keen on?

Not sure of the point you are making here?

Edited by oafc1955

8 minutes ago, bozman said:

Does not ring true 

Who has funded the influx of players?

Who will be funding the reserve side?

Why has Correa already been to matches allegedly?

Of course they will have a say in the next manager otherwise we will appoint a temporary manager until the investment/takeover is finalised which could take some time.

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Not sure of the point you are making here?

I wa confirming that was definitely what Moisley  said in the interview but suggesting that it probably isn't true.

That's not to say, Moisley is trying to mislead the fans. I don't think he knows much more about the takeover/invetstment situation than the rest of us do. He probably said that because it felt like the right thing to say from the club's perspective in the absence of  him knowing for certain that it isn't true.

I agree with you completely that the prospect of another permanant manager coming in (other than an Abdallah approved candidtate) before this saga is sorted one way or the other is virtually nill.

Clearly Abdallah has influenced the signings of recent weeks so it's reasonable to assume he will also influence any permanant managerial appointment that is made.

32 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What did Moiseley say?

I hope it is bullshit because they should if a deal is so close...

With them about to invest significantly in, or take over, the club & being aware of their pool of contacts/knowledge (a different one to yours) you'd tap them up for a few suggestions wouldn't you....? 

Not to mention consult with them & keep them in the loop as to who you're thinking of appointing in order to not jeopardise the deal.

7 minutes ago, bozman said:

I wa confirming that was definitely what Moisley  said in the interview but suggesting that it probably isn't true.

That's not to say, Moisley is trying to mislead the fans. I don't think he knows much more about the takeover/invetstment situation than the rest of us do. He probably said that because it felt like the right thing to say from the club's perspective in the absence of  him knowing for certain that it isn't true.

"The deal's close now so, yes, we'll consult with them and keep them in the loop. We'll even invite suggestions from them & tap into their pool of contacts. We'd be daft not to. That said, until the deal is complete, and while Simon still owns the club, he'll be making the final decision"

would have been more like the right thing to say. Not to mention probably true, I hope....

Are people honestly believing Moiseley when he says that the new investors will not be influencing the appointment of the new manager?

Not only will Lemsagam and whatever consortium he is part of be picking it they will have probably influenced Sheridan's departure. Its most likely be Wellens and TP will be given first team duties until the takeover is complete.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Are people honestly believing Moiseley when he says that the new investors will not be influencing the appointment of the new manager?

Not only will Lemsagam and whatever consortium he is part of be picking it they will have probably influenced Sheridan's departure. Its most likely be Wellens and TP will be given first team duties until the takeover is complete.

Of course but imagine the fuss if he'd come out and said the truth. 

They can't do right for doing wrong.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Of course but imagine the fuss if he'd come out and said the truth. 

They can't do right for doing wrong.

How about, from the very beginning, not allowing an outside source to heavily influence the running of the club until they actually own part/most of it. This deal might collapse. Yet it’s seen us take on unwanted players & create a terribly unsettling atmosphere that’s assisted in poor results and influencing the sacking of a manager.  

Absolute fucking circus this. And doesn’t look like it’s stopping for some time yet!

57 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

"The deal's close now so, yes, we'll consult with them and keep them in the loop. We'll even invite suggestions from them & tap into their pool of contacts. We'd be daft not to. That said, until the deal is complete, and while Simon still owns the club, he'll be making the final decision"

would have been more like the right thing to say. Not to mention probably true, I hope....

Let's hope that is pretty close to the truth, but I wouldn't expect Moisley to say something like that unless 1) He's been told that 2) He's been told he can say that in public.  From what I've heard, it's unlikely he's been told either of those things.

I don't think in any of the radio/press interviews he's done since the story broke, Moisley has said anything of note that Corney hadn't already revealed in his video.

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

How about, from the very beginning, not allowing an outside source to heavily influence the running of the club until they actually own part/most of it. This deal might collapse. Yet it’s seen us take on unwanted players & create a terribly unsettling atmosphere that’s assisted in poor results and influencing the sacking of a manager.  

Absolute fucking circus this. And doesn’t look like it’s stopping for some time yet!

Corney pretty much said in last video that the tank was empty in terms of further funding - one can speculate on how much that amounts to, don't think we need another Corney is a twat thread though.

Very unsettling though, we can agree on that.