Blackburn Away

22 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Fair play. Like you say, we're not the club to support if that was the case. There are times I've had to drag myself to some games. It's never been coz we've been shit or I expected a loss but more the continual downgrading of the club done by Corney. Hoping this now changes under AL.

Closest for me was all but 2 games where I fell ill towards the end of the season. Annoying to miss out by 2. Closest I'll ever come. Too expensive to do it now.

Best I’ve done is

49/52 in 14/15

51/56 in 13/14 

& 50/56 in 02/03

Lincoln in the FA Cup was 1,000th competitive game currently on around 50 more overall including friendlies well over 1200 as you say there’s been many dark days where I’ve had to drag myself to games on my own but still I do it. Why? Scared of missing something good aren’t I?

It’s the hope that kills! 

On 08/02/2018 at 10:46 AM, boundaryblue80 said:

Yeah. Went there with no hope of getting a win and pulled it off. Feeling the same about this Blackburn game.

Shows what the 'big day out' for the fans can do to the team on the day. Four days later and 6,000 travelled to Everton to see another big win. Swansea, Huddersfield, Brighton and Bournemouth were all in League one that season, it's what keeps us dreaming......and on the other hand, so were Tranmere.

42 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Just had a quick look on the Rovers message board. Quite a few on there think they are a big club... they were just like us until Uncle Jack decided to blow his pension on them.

Prior to the Jack Walker era they had been English champions twice and FA cup winners 6 times Id say overall their history is abit more illustrious than ours and they would put certainly Burnley and probably Bolton and Preston ahead of us interms of a rivalry. However if we started playing them more regularly then that might change.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Prior to the Jack Walker era they had been English champions twice and FA cup winners 6 times Id say overall their history is abit more illustrious than ours and they would put certainly Burnley and probably Bolton and Preston ahead of us interms of a rivalry. However if we started playing them more regularly then that might change.

Everybody apart from Rochdale have a more illustrious history than us, even Bury have won the FA Cup

7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I expected more, I must admit

If we were up there with them we’d take well over 3K but we’ve won only once in a dozen games, we are in the relegation places and on paper it should be a nailed on home banker.

A couple of hundred POTD fans will swell it to over 2K....I’d say that’s an amazing turn out under the circumstances.

23 hours ago, peanuts said:

so am i the only one who has actually seen us win at ewood ?

2-0 79 i think stainrods debut ? 

2nd March 1974 we won 1-0, I was 9. For some reason it's in my head Alan Groves scored and it was a bit of an outrageous goal, down the wing, cut inside and put it in the top corner but I can't be sure if the goal I'm thinking of was actually in that game! Reason I can place it as that game (after googling our results v them) Is it was also the date of the League Cup Final that year and City beat Wolves. When I was a kid my dad used to take me to Latics one week and City the next, he didn't see an issue with it, he was really a rugby league man, to him it was just taking me watching sport, I remember being in the car on the way home and the celebrations from the Final being on the radio. For those of you too young to remember him http://www.back-post.com/2014/11/05/alan-groves-a-legacy-of-memories/

Edited by inspectormorose

1 hour ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

It will be really embarrassing if Oldham fans start singing no ney never again tomorrow. It's a song between Rovers and Burnley fans, we don't care about you lot!!!

:lol::lol:

They should be prepared to be embarrassed, then...

They're not famous anymore.

2 hours ago, another fan said:

Was in crutches for the Ipswich game. Was in crutches for the FA cup win against Liverpool 5 years ago and having to use a walking frame having broken both bones in mt left leg recently 

Is this a good omen for tomorrow's game or am I just unlucky? 

Now that's what you call taking one for the team. Top man!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brimmers said:

My Uncle John took me to an away game at Blackburn and I think they set something on fire. I can vaguely remember him making me cover my scarf up. Is my memory playing tricks on me, or did it happen and when?

I went with my brother one season to see us at Ewood Park, my uncle and aunt used to live up the road in Feniscowles. I can't remember a thing about the score or the match except that at h/t we got two coffees (it was freezing, an open terrace, too cold for beer!). The coffee was revolting and as you got down the cup this horrendous brown sludge began to appear - it really did look like a pile of shit! We threw them away and what was left of the liquid coffee poured out and stained the concrete terracing. True story!

50 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we were up there with them we’d take well over 3K but we’ve won only once in a dozen games, we are in the relegation places and on paper it should be a nailed on home banker.

A couple of hundred POTD fans will swell it to over 2K....I’d say that’s an amazing turn out under the circumstances.

Wouldn’t say amazing. It’s alright.

I don’t really get the ‘if we were this place in the league we’d take this many’ thing. If for 35+ year olds it’s up there with the biggest games I don’t get why our position in the league would factor into your attendance

We haven’t won away for five months and are in a third tier relegation battle for what feels like the hundreth year running. No other club would take over half their home crowd in our position, most wouldn’t if they were in the automatic places. It’s a cracking effort.

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

We haven’t won away for five months and are in a third tier relegation battle for what feels like the hundreth year running. No other club would take over half their home crowd in our position, most wouldn’t if they were in the automatic places. It’s a cracking effort.

Amazing following anybody that says any different needs give their head a wobble .