Blackburn Away

4 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I wouldn’t support Oldham if that was the case. I usually go to matches on my own these days due largely to a lack of interest from those I used to go with. So sometimes the effort involved in going and one or two other factors sometimes outweigh the desire to attend. I’ll be there on Saturday. 

Fair play. Like you say, we're not the club to support if that was the case. There are times I've had to drag myself to some games. It's never been coz we've been shit or I expected a loss but more the continual downgrading of the club done by Corney. Hoping this now changes under AL.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Don't know if this was aimed at just the poster or open for anyone to answer, but.... :grin:

Blackburn on Saturday - no. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Along with City, Leeds and, to a lesser extent, United - this was one of THE big games when I first started going properly. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure it was my first away game on the train with my mates (rather than on Barlows or with my dad) aged 14 in 89/90.

In the unlikely event we're still in the same league 2 or 3 years from now I'd still be very likely to be there regardless, but, if things were particularly shit and/or I had something else on I might not be... 

I tend to go to more away games when we're decent or half decent than I do when we're absolute dogshit. 

I also like to always get a London away in, or two, for the day out regardless of how well or badly we're playing. 

I've never done a full season and probably never will (or want to). Closest I ever came was missing 5 aways in 90/91. 

I reckon the year we finally get promoted, or close, will be the one where I notch my biggest away game tally since the good old days though....

Closest for me was all but 2 games where I fell ill towards the end of the season. Annoying to miss out by 2. Closest I'll ever come. Too expensive to do it now.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I was 15 and the only one who could get served at the Sainsbury's all the coaches stopped at just outside Ipswich (leave it Maddog) 

You actually purchased something from there?

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

No, I was at West Ham (Boxing Day?) and back for Millwall a few days later. 

Portsmouth (still never been)

Brighton (still never been)

Leicester

Newcastle

Charlton

The only one I missed that season was Swindon away on a Tuesday night, 2-2 draw. Couldn't get out of school, despite browbeating my dad for weeks. It was a great season for away trips that.

I missed very few home games from the mid 70's onward till the early 90's but one game I did miss was the 5 - 0 home win. I was absolutely devastated and never forgave my sister for making me miss the game!

Strewth I wish I was going to this game I just get the vibe that this could be a classic.

42 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

I missed very few home games from the mid 70's onward till the early 90's but one game I did miss was the 5 - 0 home win. I was absolutely devastated and never forgave my sister for making me miss the game!

I'd reword that given the turn the subject has taken with the replies above..... 

1 hour ago, Stagger Lee said:

Strewth I wish I was going to this game I just get the vibe that this could be a classic.

Went to that one I think....didn’t Derek Fazackerley get sent off for them in that one?

23 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Which 5? Bet West Ham was one of em....?

I didn't make the Ipswich [promotion] game that season.... I was 14 and not allowed that far on my own. Still haunts me now. I made it to 7 away games.

Wolves 3-2

Barnsley 1-0

Hull 2-2

Sheff W 2-2

West Ham [Boxing Day, noon KO] 0-2

B@stard 0-2

Newcastle 2-3

That Ipswich game is one of my fondest memories, was living in Hertfordshire at the time. My only visit to Portman Rd. Lovely sunny day, was it 2-0 for us? Never looked like losing. Happy days.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

That Ipswich game is one of my fondest memories, was living in Hertfordshire at the time. My only visit to Portman Rd. Lovely sunny day, was it 2-0 for us? Never looked like losing. Happy days.

Was in crutches for the Ipswich game. Was in crutches for the FA cup win against Liverpool 5 years ago and having to use a walking frame having broken both bones in mt left leg recently 

Is this a good omen for tomorrow's game or am I just unlucky? 

42 minutes ago, another fan said:

Was in crutches for the Ipswich game. Was in crutches for the FA cup win against Liverpool 5 years ago and having to use a walking frame having broken both bones in mt left leg recently 

Is this a good omen for tomorrow's game or am I just unlucky? 

How many games have we lost while you have been on crutches? 

• Like 1