If we go down, would you keep Wellens?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. If we go down, would you keep Wellens?

• Yes
    • No

On 02/06/2018 at 6:36 PM, OLDHAMADE said:

This is how I see it in any walk of life, work hard and get the rewards from it or be a complete waster and no bloody use to yourself let alone your employer.

Sadly the new owner has put his faith in the latter but hopefully it will all come out in the wash early doors and he'll weed out the deadwood in order his investment comes good, the poor guy must be thinking what the hell have I got myself into? the very least he must of been expecting was to actually stay in the division and built from there.

Now his position is now as volatile as the stock market and a massive gamble that could finish him before he's even started, so for folk like mcfluff1985 to come out with such crass, I don't give a shite comments is beyond me.

Maybe he should cut his losses and walk now before the new season, shut up shop and adopt the same attitude, then you'd have something proper to be so smug about.

In most walks of life that is simply not the case.

Anyway, has Wellens said anything about the supporters since relegation? I know he bravely entered the field upon the final whistle and made an almost immediate about-turn when he heard the booing in the away end. About as much courage as a puppy being turned on by a Yorkshire Terrier.

10 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

In most walks of life that is simply not the case.

Anyway, has Wellens said anything about the supporters since relegation? I know he bravely entered the field upon the final whistle and made an almost immediate about-turn when he heard the booing in the away end. About as much courage as a puppy being turned on by a Yorkshire Terrier.

Served me well enough, started work at 16 on 12 quid a week for 40 hours and now retired at 55

Graft hard and you'll come good but best of all you'll never be out of work 

On 05/06/2018 at 7:24 PM, OLDHAMADE said:

Served me well enough, started work at 16 on 12 quid a week for 40 hours and now retired at 55

Graft hard and you'll come good but best of all you'll never be out of work 

Tell me father that; Thatcher closed his pit. Most work hard.

4 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Considering they’ve thanked his efforts and praised his professionalism (unlike with Corney) I can’t see it 

Standard template notice letter.

Not sure what to think about this.

I thought it would be inevitable that he would be sacked soon after the Northampton game, but when he wasn't I accepted that he would be our manager for the start of the season at least and was happy enough to let him get on with it.

The timing is odd but there's still two months for a manager to mould his squad and, hopefully, we'll get a manager in who is an obvious step up.

Simon Grayson would do for me just fine.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh
  • Like 2

Like others on here I was told RW was out even if we'd stayed up.

Pretty ruthless AL as others behind the scenes have already been pushed out.

Just hope we don't get a foreign manager/coach, think RW has had the shitty end of the stick with embargos etc but it's a results business.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Not sure what to think about this.

I thought it would be inevitable that he would be sacked soon after the Northampton game, but when he wasn't I accepted that he would be our manager for the start of the season at least and was happy enough to let him get on with it.

The timing is odd but there's still two months for a manager to mould his squad and, hopefully, we'll get a manager in who is an obvious step up.

Simon Grayson would do for me just fine.

Agree. I'd have had him away before we'd finished clapping the players off but this still leaves time. Makes you wonder if he has continued not to impress. One of his interviews was very whingey which won't have gone down well

Well you could knock me over with a Blue and white feather, oh well, new broom sweeps clean and hopefully pushes away all the crap still lingering 

Now I feel we are moving in the right direction albeit later than it should have been. 

1 minute ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Well you could knock me over with a Blue and white feather, oh well, new broom sweeps clean and hopefully pushes away all the crap still lingering 

Now I feel we are moving in the right direction albeit later than it should have been. 

Not sure how sacking a manager in mid summer suggests that...

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure how sacking a manager in mid summer suggests that...

10 days from the end of the season, and 9 weeks from the end of the season is not really mid summer.

2 weeks for holiday.

The Play off final was only 10 days ago.

Ferguson went a couple of days ago, Tisdale, Heckingbottom, ASkey in the last week. More will follow.

Hardly anyone has signed yet. Can count on one hand players we've missed out on.

I admit it depends who  he brings in though, and how long it takes. My hunch is it won;t be long though. Then we can start worrying...

Wellens currently on holiday in Mexico, so not much was happening anyway.

Edited by singe

Given him and his agents appetite for slagging off the club ever since he's been here I'm not surprised he has been fired off. 

No doubt in my mind the Daily Mail article played a part. It's almost word for word the tale I got a month ago.

The reason I find it hard to believe Wellens was complicit in the Daily rag article is because he couldn't really afford to get sacked if he aspires a career in management.

His CV now reads that he's relegated the only club he's managed, a club that hadn't been relegated in 20 years. With a 2.5 mil wage budget (I know they weren't all his signings). 

Even if things were that bad you'd have thought he'd have just got his head down, try and get some success next season and jump ship when offered a new opportunity.

Where does Wellens go from here?