Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at his stats on wikipedia, he isn't prolific but one season stands out.Β  10 goals in 29 games for Chesterfield, in the abandoned season where they were close to getting relegated from the National League where they were managed by one John Sheridan.

Β 

I feel more confident knowing that Shez has got a tune out of him before and he certainly looks like a physical presence up front if nothing else.

It’s a sign of the times when Holloway chooses a loan deal to Barrow over us!!! He was born in Wales, plays in the midlands yet prefers to travel up to Barrow.

However, he was hardly prolific previously at BP with 2 goals in 51 appearances!! He’s 28 and scored only 14 goals in a paltry 200 games says it’s no real loss!πŸ˜†

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a sign of the times when Holloway chooses a loan deal to Barrow over us!!! He was born in Wales, plays in the midlands yet prefers to travel up to Barrow.

However, he was hardly prolific previously at BP with 2 goals in 51 appearances!! He’s 28 and scored only 14 goals in a paltry 200 games says it’s no real loss!πŸ˜†

No real loss? Looks like we carry on as we are. At least someone like Holloway would have give us a bit of muscle up front.Β 

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

No real loss? Looks like we carry on as we are. At least someone like Holloway would have give us a bit of muscle up front.Β 

If we get Fondop instead though he should provide the physical presence that we’ve been missing. Neither of them have anything like a decent scoring record apart from Fondop’s one good season at Chesterfield. Amadi-Holloway wouldn’t even have a shot most of the time! We still need a β€˜fox in the box’ as well though in my opinion.Β 

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

He would do obviously but he wouldn’t be my preferred choice!

2 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

If we get Fondop instead though he should provide the physical presence that we’ve been missing. Neither of them have anything like a decent scoring record apart from Fondop’s one good season at Chesterfield. Amadi-Holloway wouldn’t even have a shot most of the time! We still need a β€˜fox in the box’ as well though in my opinion.Β 

Big if, don't be surprised to see a winger coming in, what was the name of the shit winger that came in on deadline day last year.Β 

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Think they actually train either in Bury or at Hopwood Hall college.

Are we signing a wrestler or a fucking footballer, sorry for being a bit old fashioned but my preference would be for someone who could actually kick a football not put themselves about, we actually need someone to score a goal every other game to have much chance of staying up.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Are we signing a wrestler or a fucking footballer, sorry for being a bit old fashioned but my preference would be for someone who could actually kick a football not put themselves about, we actually need someone to score a goal every other game to have much chance of staying up.

I'm afraid the staying up boat has already sailed.Β 

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Β 

I think we'd settle for Hulk Hogan right now.πŸ˜†

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course it has to be a footballer but also have a bit of physicality so they will not be bullied by defenders and be prepared to not pull out of a challenge. Think Shearer, Keegan or Vardy. Yeah I know we're not going to get anything like any of them. But we need someone who'll show some bollocks on the field

It’s bad to say but I’d literally take anyone who has a bit of presence and is a unit and can hold ball up. Dkd and baha can score so not hugely important he can score. But whoever we get must be able to play as a striker. If we get that no matter how bad they are at football it will be an improvement. And guessing it’s Jameson they are trying to terminate the deal of but he’s refusing at the moΒ 

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We need a wrestler. How many times has the ball bounced off hope or bahamboula or dkd etc etc. Even if new striker doesn't score We need a big guy to hold the ball for everyone to get forward. Our biggest problem is the only time we get forward is by kickin it down the wing so noone has time to get up with the ball. Holloway did that perfectly last time. Held it and we got loads forward creating more opportunities. Hoping this fondop guy can do the same

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Β 

I don't think we are all that attractive to footballers at the minuteΒ 

Archived