Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not true. 

Swindon have worked with EFL and put a business plan in place so while under embargo it isn’t as restrictive as ours is.

Recruitment has been woeful, but the ALMO’s inability to understand the rules (remember when we signed players on two year contracts that wasn’t allowed. . . )  and their refusal to engage with EFL is a far bigger problem. 

recruitment can be fixed- if you play nicely- like Swindon. 

Recruitment can’t be fixed- if you are completely ignorant.

FTFY

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JTM said:

Louie Barry has just signed for Swindon on loan for the rest of the season, who are under the exact same transfer embargo as us.

Can people stop using it as an excuse? We have the squad we have because the complete inept recruit of Mohammed Lemsagam. 

Nothing to do with the embargo. Swindon are 6th. 

How do you know they are under the exact same embargo? 

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Are we restarting the boycott if we don’t make any signings, lads?

3 hours ago, Barry Bosnian said:

No, that'll start again if we lose tomorrow 😂

I'm going tomorrow to welcome Shez and support the team. Whether or not I'll be back will depend on whether or not AL keeps his word and he does what it takes to allow Shez to bring players in. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm going tomorrow to welcome Shez and support the team. Whether or not I'll be back will depend on whether or not AL keeps his word and he does what it takes to allow Shez to bring players in. 

You already know the answer to that. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Pretty much where im

at. Home matches have been pretty depressing for years on end anyway. So I won’t be week in week out either way. 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fondop a free agent, big centre forward with some ability, but not a prolific goalscorer.

Not in my top 100, but we need summat and I’d take anything right now. Him plus a strong mid who the ball sticks too and another striker fast and tricky and can run at the defence. But I think we will end up with one.

31 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Isn't Fondop a bit of a cult hero for being shite at football but a bit of a character??

That's the impression I'm getting from Hartlepool fans.

Desperate for some quality to go alongside him, would happily take Pitman or perhaps the young Blackburn lad.

Just now, LaticsLegend said:

That's the impression I'm getting from Hartlepool fans.

Desperate for some quality to go alongside him, would happily take Pitman or perhaps the young Blackburn lad.

Tony Carss was sayin he has got a couple for us, but l think Shez wants grizzled old veterans in this fight..

Don't mind a battering ram as Shez puts it, he's probably right on needing a physical presence. But we need goals too, and you don't get a goalscoring battering ram for £800 a week. If Fondop is the battering ram, hopefully we can get a youngster in on loan who knows where the goal is.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Tony Carss was sayin he has got a couple for us, but l think Shez wants grizzled old veterans in this fight..

We certainly don’t need prospects as we have absolutely no time whatsoever to aid their development. Any players we get in now will go straight into the team and have to hit the ground running.

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fondop a free agent, big centre forward with some ability, but not a prolific goalscorer.

I know you get stick for wanting physicality @BP1960, but after seeing us for the first time this season on Saturday I have to agree with you. We desperately need a presence in the box to get amongst defences and make something happen. Our forwards are lightweights with little skill to compensate and the Rochdale defence were rarely in trouble.

Ideally a big guy plus a poacher, but that's probably unrealistic. Driving south on Saturday I almost found myself wanting Urko Vera back but parking up and banging my head on the windscreen eventually brought me to my senses.

Archived