Hampton: Hampton & Richmond Borough FC - Directions, Beer & Food

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This is where I am at, Taylor was shite last night but that doesn't matter as long as some can stick it to Dan. 

You're right. Taylor is turning into a complete disappointment. And personally, I have no intention of wanting to "stick it to Dan." Since his excellent 5 game spell this time 12mths ago, he's been a shadow of that player. With maybe 1 good game in 10 sprinkled in. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

And doesn't this just sum up perfectly what many posters have to say on here about the team. Refuse to call them fans when they post drivel like this.

Nothing to do with what suits me, try reading a bit slower before you reply-just like to promote the positive aspect of the team rather than the constant knocking by so many on here-just look at the down boating thingy for my reply to your earlier comment-one of the most frequent naysayers straight on it. Pathetic.

As Roy Walker used to say - if you see it say it !! It’s great that we ‘scraped’ through against some part timers it really is. Just hope we can muster up another miracle against the bigger boys of Maidstone. Hopefully not at the expense of our fantastic league form. 

52 minutes ago, Macca said:

It's just another way of showing respect, something that has recently started to happen on shirts. The club posted about it over the weekend and observed the minutes silence last night. You don't need to have a poppy to show respect.

But every other club in the top two leagues and the FA Cup this weekend felt the need? 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

This is where I am at, Taylor was shite last night but that doesn't matter as long as some can stick it to Dan. 

Check the thread. Plenty were giving it to Taylor.  You’re deflecting... Gardner was shit too (I’m not on first name terms like you). 

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I though both Gardner & Taylor were poor, but they’re the best we’ve got in the positions they play.

Exactly. 

I don't see the need in constantly bashing a player, we are where we are with our squad, it's just up to the manager to get the best out of them. 

• Like 1

Gardner made lots of stupid errors last night but his endeavour and dynamism means he’s fairly irreplaceable with what we’ve got. Take him out and that central midfield will be completely toothless. 

He’s as frustrating as they come, which is probably where lots of the stick comes from, but take him out and we really would struggle in the middle of the park. 

55 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

But every other club in the top two leagues and the FA Cup this weekend felt the need? 

Did we have poppies on our shirts at Notts County and Stevenage?

The 11th was on Sunday, there has only been 1 English professional side play since then, us. Perhaps if we played Friday to Sunday we would have put poppies on our shirts. 

I didn't watch much TV yesterday were there poppies all over? Or did that end on Sunday. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

So only positive opinions allowed otherwise your not a fan :chubb: 

For gods sake-I refuse to call that person a fan when they post utter tripe about last nights performance (see highlighted section). As you so often prove it is a lot harder to highlight the positive than churn out the negative.

In years gone by we've worn them and always honoured those who lost their lives, as an ex serviceman I think the oversight is disrespectful but not surprising given the way the club's ran these days.

Your comments might have a bit more relevance if you were not using them as just another stick to constantly beat the club.

As someone posted earlier it really is becoming a `meh here we go again'

44 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

For gods sake-I refuse to call that person a fan when they post utter tripe about last nights performance (see highlighted section). As you so often prove it is a lot harder to highlight the positive than churn out the negative.

Your comments might have a bit more relevance if you were not using them as just another stick to constantly beat the club.

As someone posted earlier it really is becoming a `meh here we go again'

The poppy is very relevant particularly this year as you are well aware, as an ex serviceman I'm not happy that we walked out last night without recognising this, now if you think it's acceptable that we were the only club who couldn't be arsed then that's your perogative but I'm more than entitled to raise the issue regardless of what you may think my motives are. I can guarantee you though it's not looking for a stick to bash the club with because they do that to themselves on a weekly basis. 

If you trawled through my posts I've praised the good work and initiatives introduced by the Community Trust and some of the efforts made by the club to put us on a better footing but much of that is being spoilt by an owner who it seems would struggle to run a bath.

Now if you don't like or can't grasp the concept of a forum then they are probably not for you, not everyone is going to paint a picture to suit you that isn't there and occasionally views will differ, like others have said I just say it as I see it and if that offends or its not what you want to hear then so be it, each to their own - but a happy clapper I ain't. 

5 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

And doesn't this just sum up perfectly what many posters have to say on here about the team. Refuse to call them fans when they post drivel like this.

Nothing to do with what suits me, try reading a bit slower before you reply-just like to promote the positive aspect of the team rather than the constant knocking by so many on here-just look at the down boating thingy for my reply to your earlier comment-one of the most frequent naysayers straight on it. Pathetic.

Why not just say it as you see it? 

Seems a bit weird not to.... 

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Can't believe the Gardner witch hunt combined with the blank firing Miller love in :)

He's not the best, although he's getting better, but I really like the way Miller plays with such intent.

Everytime he has the ball he quickly tries to move us forward, create or score rather than going through the motions/pissing about with it like many of his team mates. 

I like Gardner and think he'll come good but to say you "can't believe the Gardner witch hunt" is bizarre given his glaringly obvious failings in recent weeks and last night.... 

I hereby christen you & whittles left foot the #letspretendlads :grin:

Dan G is the only one willing to get on the ball for us. I thought he was absolutely dog on Monday, but he never hid and always came to get the ball. There are much bigger issues in the side, and in the club, than Dan. He'll be off in January, and then we will see what a big miss he will be for us

As for Hampton, they were a bunch of jokers. If we had scored one in the first half, it would have been a cricket score...

54 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Dan G is the only one willing to get on the ball for us. I thought he was absolutely dog on Monday, but he never hid and always came to get the ball. There are much bigger issues in the side, and in the club, than Dan. He'll be off in January, and then we will see what a big miss he will be for us

As for Hampton, they were a bunch of jokers. If we had scored one in the first half, it would have been a cricket score...

I'd honestly be surprised if anybody takes him after Monday nights showing, I know he has grand plans for himself and thinks he's indispensable but that lads been relegated the last two seasons and is going for the hatrick, he started off the season brightly but has regressed alarmingly and he's also developed the worst trait in the game of shitting out of tackles, you have mentioned clubs interested in him but he'd be nothing more than a bit part for them, he does get into our team because it's shite but thats not saying anything about his current form.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd honestly be surprised if anybody takes him after Monday nights showing, I know he has grand plans for himself and thinks he's indispensable but that lads been relegated the last two seasons and is going for the hatrick, he started off the season brightly but has regressed alarmingly and he's also developed the worst trait in the game of shitting out of tackles, you have mentioned clubs interested in him but he'd be nothing more than a bit part for them, he does get into our team because it's shite but thats not saying anything about his current form.

Is anyone entitled to a poor run of form anymore without becoming the devil incarnate? 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is anyone entitled to a poor run of form anymore without becoming the devil incarnate? 

Even in a poor run of form he shows match winning qualities, when he's gone he will be replaced by dull mediocrity. However, the same people will soon find another boo boy.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, stargazer said:

A quality finisher was the glaring problem last night , the number of shots not hit solidly was dreadful.

Gardner did not have a great game imo but he will be forgiven all for his magnificent run and quality delivery for the equalizer.

15 hours ago, south east latic said:

Gardner made lots of stupid errors last night but his endeavour and dynamism means he’s fairly irreplaceable with what we’ve got. Take him out and that central midfield will be completely toothless. 

He’s as frustrating as they come, which is probably where lots of the stick comes from, but take him out and we really would struggle in the middle of the park. 

About where I am at.
I guess is all Dan G's passes came off, he would be playing at a lot higher level, as you can see what he is trying to do. I do think he should try the simpler pass a few more times, so it's more the odd mistake, play percentages. Almost a case of trying too hard.
If he can reduce the errors a little, I'm sure we would be on the back foot less.
Basically though, he was a crucial part of why we won. That should not be completely overshadowed by his waywardness.
Same for Chris O Grady really. He tries to go for glory rather than pass to someone in a better position. Go for the better move a few more times, and we might not be on the back foot also.

27 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Even in a poor run of form he shows match winning qualities, when he's gone he will be replaced by dull mediocrity. However, the same people will soon find another boo boy.

It is allowed to have favourites and a ‘boo boy’.  If you don’t agree that doesn’t make you right or superior.  

Opinions. Forum. 

My view of Gardner isn’t so much that he is any worse than most of our squad, he clearly isn’t. I just think he is nowhere near as good as some here seem to think.  He loses the ball in dangerous positions all to often and never puts a foot in. That’s a couple of very bad attributes for his current position.   That’s not a dig at people who think the opposite, it’s just an opinion. 

Yes theres always a boo boy (usually a few actually) and yes there’s always a player inexplicably lauded. 

Opinions. Forum. 

Edited by kowenicki

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Absolutely. If he had hidden himself away we would probably be out of the cup now.