Hampton: Hampton & Richmond Borough FC - Directions, Beer & Food

13 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Perfect description of Fane-can you honestly ever see him doing what Gardner has just done?

Some bitter folk on here-cannot acknowledge even after that win that it was an excellent piece of football from Gardner.

Anyway more income for the club from the next round.

Oh, I can acknowledge it. Great counter attack led by him. Why can't you acknowledge he was fucking dogshit for 88 minutes?

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Oh, I can acknowledge it. Great counter attack led by him. Why can't you acknowledge he was fucking dogshit for 88 minutes?

It was a great run but even the ball in wasn’t the best , it should have been cleared tbh. I also think your being unfair with the appraisal of his overall performance. He was much worse than that and for longer than 88 minutes too !!

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

2. Before his moment of brilliance for the goal, Gardner was absolutely bloody dreadful and was getting lamented by most of the fans around me. I'd play him wider or further forward as the times he gives the ball away in his own half when playing deep and causes us problems is just unacceptable.

Absolutely. On the bench or, if possible, in the car park.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Because unlike many on here I like to see the positive side of this club and not spend sooo much time on here slagging them off. Just look at many of the previous comments-even yours had to have a negative rider added to it. Hardly a good word to be said about a much needed win.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Because unlike many on here I like to see the positive side of this club and not spend sooo much time on here slagging them off. Just look at many of the previous comments-even yours had to have a negative rider added to it. Hardly a good word to be said about a much needed win.

Ah...so you'll only comment on what suits you. Rather than what actually happens. Well done ?

Wow we left that late.We made hard work of that and felt it was going to be one of those days before we came back strongly to rightfully win.Ref made a couple of bad decisions which could have proved costly but we don't seem to get the rub of the green these days.The atmosphere of the fans changed from dejection  to extacy I  the last few minutes.

Most saw the game on BT but I must say that their fans and staff made us feel welcome  ,good catering....I dropped a burger bun on the floor which they kindly  replaced for free,and wished us well in the next round.

You could tell it was a posh place when the only supermarket was a Waitrose☺

Long way to go and got back at 3am but worth it in the end.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Chap in front of me at the game had £100 on us after we went 1-0 down at 11/10.....happy days

Was tempted by the 11/8 at half time and the last time I looked 9/4 after an hour if I'm honest. Did think after 80 minutes we'd blown it though so to take 28's with about five plus injury time was a brave thing to do although it was a decent price with 15 minutes to play considering how dominant we were, have to say though that they started to look the more likely to score for a short spell in the second half before we came again.

12 minutes ago, hinchy said:

Shrewsbury New Years Day 2018 Craig Davies clean through on goal nothing given:

https://youtu.be/V9ahzzxfNzA?t=94

Last Nights Pen that was given:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhdUS6i4aA

Same referee.... Different decision

Edited to activate the link.

Edited by yarddog73

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe he should play left wing?

Gardner? I'm happy with Nepu there when he returns. I've said all along that Gardner should be played further forward though. Far away from where he can gift the ball to the opponents in dangerous areas. He likes a shot, he can run at people with the ball. Playing him behind the striker(s) is the only role I want to see him in.

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

No poppies on the shirts tonight was a disgrace, can't remember another team over the weekend who didn't honour those who gave their lives in battle.

Hardly a disgrace, you don't need a poppy on a shirt to honour those who died in war.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It was a great run but even the ball in wasn’t the best , it should have been cleared tbh. I also think your being unfair with the appraisal of his overall performance. He was much worse than that and for longer than 88 minutes too !!

And doesn't this just sum up perfectly what many posters have to say on here about the team. Refuse to call them fans when they post drivel like this.

55 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Ah...so you'll only comment on what suits you. Rather than what actually happens. Well done ?

Nothing to do with what suits me, try reading a bit slower before you reply-just like to promote the positive aspect of the team rather than the constant knocking by so many on here-just look at the down boating thingy for my reply to your earlier comment-one of the most frequent naysayers straight on it. Pathetic.

Well when will he learn.  Team sheet could have been three at the back but no Dummy wide right and Lang wide left.

Nearly a game stolen from us by the ref but finally Gardner did what I think he would do best for us and Lang was played where he should be.

Maidstone is a great draw and a must for me as I was brought up a few miles down the road but it will be on the telly so fingers crossed it isn't Monday night.

22 minutes ago, Macca said:

Hardly a disgrace, you don't need a poppy on a shirt to honour those who died in war.

In years gone by we've worn them and always honoured those who lost their lives, as an ex serviceman I think the oversight is disrespectful but not surprising given the way the club's ran these days.

18 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And doesn't this just sum up perfectly what many posters have to say on here about the team. Refuse to call them fans when they post drivel like this.

Nothing to do with what suits me, try reading a bit slower before you reply-just like to promote the positive aspect of the team rather than the constant knocking by so many on here-just look at the down boating thingy for my reply to your earlier comment-one of the most frequent naysayers straight on it. Pathetic.

So only positive opinions allowed otherwise your not a fan :chubb: 

22 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I've read your comments perfectly. You asked for acknowledgement for his efforts for the equaliser. It was given. I, in turn, asked where was your acknowledgement that he was dire for 88 minutes. It's your choice not to offer that but don't be having a go at peoples choice to say how it actually was...he was wank for nearly the whole game. It's not being negative. It's fact. You just have to accept people will rightly point that out. It's what happens on a messageboard. He currently gets constant knocking coz he's been playing shit. Along with several players and a manager making too many mistakes with what he does have at his disposal. Hence the slide down a shit league we are in.

The win was a welcome relief. How it came about was utterly frustrating. The 2nd half was poor after a good, unlucky 1st half. Finally, our fitness levels allowed us to exploit them and eek out the win. The only main positive is we've made it through. And hopefully, Bunn has learned his lesson regards to Lang. Better late than never, eh?

Edited by boundaryblue80

4 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He gave the ball away in key areas on a number of occasions. I don't think there's an Oldham fan out there who would say his distribution can be poor. It can also be excellent but many seem to miss that.

Don't agree he was fucking dogshit at all. He was constantly on the ball trying to make things happen. Take him out of the team and we'll miss him.

51 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I've read your comments perfectly. You asked for acknowledgement for his efforts for the equaliser. It was given. I, in turn, asked where was your acknowledgement that he was dire for 88 minutes. It's your choice not to offer that but don't be having a go at peoples choice to say how it actually was...he was wank for nearly the whole game. It's not being negative. It's fact. You just have to accept people will rightly point that out. It's what happens on a messageboard. He currently gets constant knocking coz he's been playing shit. Along with several players and a manager making too many mistakes with what he does have at his disposal. Hence the slide down a shit league we are in.

The win was a welcome relief. How it came about was utterly frustrating. The 2nd half was poor after a good, unlucky 1st half. Finally, our fitness levels allowed us to exploit them and eek out the win. The only main positive is we've made it through. And hopefully, Bunn has learned his lesson regards to Lang. Better late than never, eh?

Problem is he most probably hasn't. Lang will be wide left again on Saturday. COG often nods the ball on as he did last night, but when Surridge isn't their, none of the others are looking for it. Lang was.

Edited by al_bro

43 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

He gave the ball away in key areas on a number of occasions. I don't think there's an Oldham fan out there who would say his distribution can be poor. It can also be excellent but many seem to miss that.

Don't agree he was fucking dogshit at all. He was constantly on the ball trying to make things happen. Take him out of the team and we'll miss him.

This is where I am at, Taylor was shite last night but that doesn't matter as long as some can stick it to Dan. 

58 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

In years gone by we've worn them and always honoured those who lost their lives, as an ex serviceman I think the oversight is disrespectful but not surprising given the way the club's ran these days.

It's just another way of showing respect, something that has recently started to happen on shirts. The club posted about it over the weekend and observed the minutes silence last night. You don't need to have a poppy to show respect.