Lincoln (H)

17 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

It’s a long time since we’ve had a team as awful to watch as Lincoln at BP. Proper hoof ball merchants and some shit housery of the highest order from their players. Incredible they are second in the league.

Id say I've seen worse sides this season. They were cynical and direct but you could tell why they were up there . It was our Goalkeepeer that effectively earned us a point don't forget.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Id say I've seen worse sides this season. They were cynical and direct but you could tell why they were up there . It was our Goalkeepeer that effectively earned us a point don't forget.

Unfortunately cynical tactics are part of the game, teams that are good at getting away with it are the teams that prosper, proper punishment for shithousery is what is needed. Also a good point about our keeper. 

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Pretty sure other fans say the same about us, hardly purveyors of the beautiful game.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Pretty sure other fans say the same about us, hardly purveyors of the beautiful game.

I think we are too nice at times, Lincoln from the very first minute were falling over and trying to get in the refs ear about the smallest of things and he fell for it, liner who went off was really having a bad day before then and missed almost everything.

As for Millers red the ref had the card out in no time and as a senior pro Miller shouldn't of given him a decision to make there, can't fault the spirit but again Lang showed what an handful he could be running at these defenders through the middle and I hope he gets his chance alongside Surridge in a front two on Saturday.

With Lyden, Gardner and Miller all out now for at least a couple of weeks it's going to be a struggle as the squad looks very thin.

Edited by yarddog73

40 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

It’s a long time since we’ve had a team as awful to watch as Lincoln at BP. Proper hoof ball merchants and some shit housery of the highest order from their players. Incredible they are second in the league.

Yet they had us penned in our own half for massive periods and, but for our keeper (and theirs!), would have comfortably beaten us. I kinda agree with your initial point though...

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think we are too nice at times, Lincoln from the very first minute were falling over and trying to get in the refs ear about the smallest of things and he fell for it, liner who went off was really having a bad day before then and missed almost everything.

As for Millers red the ref had the card out in no time and as a senior pro Miller shouldn't of given him a decision to make there, can't fault the spirit but again Lang showed what an handful he could be running at these defenders through the middle and I hope he gets his chance alongside Surridge in a front two on Saturday.

With Lyden, Gardner and Miller all out now for at least a couple of weeks it's going to be a struggle as the squad looks very thin.

Interesting to see if Surridge is involved or not, might be an indicator of whether or not he is here for the season.

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Yet they had us penned in our own half for massive periods and, but for our keeper (and theirs!), would have comfortably beaten us. I kinda agree with your initial point though...

I thought we matched them at times even with ten men and with a bit more composure could of nicked on the break at the end, no doubt Iversen has earned us a point but if thats a top of the table team we should be aspiring to do more than consolidate this season.

10 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I’ve been the only one supporting Maouche

And me! His quality is there to see. Keeps things simple but his range of passing was brilliant to watch. Likes to drive with the ball and isn’t afraid to try something different. He gave us that attacking threat we’ve missed from midfield for a while definitely better when gardner went off but hope his injury isn’t a bad one. 

Surridge has to do better again for his attempts on goal. Could of had 1 again last night - lacked that composure which I’m sure he will get with more time on the pitch. 

Edmundson superb again for me won’t be long before the offers come in for him. 

Iverson on will be a decent keeper in a few years but a couple of his saves tonight came from him either not coming off his line to collect a cross or poor positioning. However the one where hunt nearly put it in his own goal was top draw. 

Edited by adamoafc

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

That's who they are, and it's a big reason why they're 2nd in the league.  It's why Wycombe went up last year.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

And me! His quality is there to see. Keeps things simple but his range of passing was brilliant to watch. Likes to drive with the ball and isn’t afraid to try something different. He gave us that attacking threat we’ve missed from midfield for a while definitely better when gardner went off but hope his injury isn’t a bad one. 

Surridge has to do better again for his attempts on goal. Could of had 1 again last night - lacked that composure which I’m sure he will get with more time on the pitch. 

Edmundson superb again for me won’t be long before the offers come in for him. 

Iverson on will be a decent keeper in a few years but a couple of his saves tonight came from him either not coming off his line to collect a cross or poor positioning. However the one where hunt nearly put it in his own goal was top draw. 

Drawer

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The first 10 minutes I was worried, Edmundson and Clarke seemed unable to cope with Akinde. I thought they got better as the game went on and in the second half in particular, they had learned to cope with the threat and were working better as a pair to cope with it. Lincoln were very one dimensional, and seemingly had no idea how to change it, there was no plan b when the hoofing wasn’t working.

The pinning down was more of a case of us trying to catch them on the break when we were down to 10 men. Dare I say it, decent tactics that largely worked from Bunn. But yes, I guessed as you’d expect, we needed a keeper on top of his game in those circumstances.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Didn't go last night but just watched the skysports "highlights" which consists of our goal and about 10 Lincoln chances.

Who was Maouche directing his 'shhh' celebration at? Looked to be towards the bench!

Yeh the highlights certainly focused on the Lincoln chances. True for a period of time but it’s a Shame it missed Lang’s one man show taking on nearly every Lincoln player in the final third then shooting over towards the end and Surridges chance at in the last min that he hit over the bar. 

Yeh seemed to be directed towards the bench. 

Can easily see why Lincoln are up there, probably the best side I've seen this season, them or FGR. 

Seen a lot of talk on twitter about their style of play but it's not aimless hoofing, it's going long to a Tall, fast striker who had the beating of both our CB's, there's a difference. Very organised too with real pace out wide, they will go up in the automatics . 

All in all though, A very good point and we almost nicked all 3 at the end. Can't fault the lads effort at all, worked their socks off. If we can just be that tad more ruthless in front of goal we should start climbing the league.

Edited by aaronoafc