Lincoln (H)

23 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Like I said, my opinion based on what you post on here.  I don’t need to read your mind when you provide plenty of written opinion.

Totally agree that this is a place for expressing views.  It’s also a platform for others to challenge those opinions.

We are 13th in the bottom tier, we have won one in our last 6 League games, concede very soft goals and look vulnerable quite often. Add this to the fact that most of the teams we've played have been very poor and we are still in the bottom half, I'm sure you can forgive me for not getting too carried away with a couple of 1-1 draws...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We are 13th in the bottom tier, we have won in our last 6 League games, concede very soft goals and look vulnerable quite often. Add this to the fact that most of the teams we've played have been very poor and we are still in the bottom half, I'm sure you can forgive me for not getting too carried away with a couple of 1-1 draws...

‘I was there when we only conceded one against Lincoln’ shirts in production as we speak 

15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

It does seem to have gone down as one of the great results in our history rather than just a plucky draw in the 4th division - we've had miles better performances within the last year yet alone longer.

15 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Said no-one ever.

#makebollocksuplads

15 hours ago, deyres42 said:

They did though you silly sausage.

eyresy's right (which doesn't mean he's not a cunt :grin: )

I'd throw Tranmere in too - you'd think we'd just done Leeds and Everton away again in the space of a few days the way some are gushing over 2 points in the 4th Division.  :lol:

Which they're absolutely entitled to do... :grin:

Can we not pass faint praise on the team for 2 fairly hard fought points against 2 of the better sides in this division without people blowing it spectacularly out proportion.

I havent seen that much giddiness on here just people content to have got a point in those 2 games.

Im not going mad right?

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Can we not pass faint praise on the team for 2 fairly hard fought points against 2 of the better sides in this division without people blowing it spectacularly out proportion.

I havent seen that much giddiness on here just people content to have got a point in those 2 games.

Im not going mad right?

Yeah I'm pretty confused by this.  Don't think anyone has been going particularly overboard, just a few people pointing out some positive aspects of recent performances.  But seemingly not allowed unless accompanied by crushing victories.

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Yeah I'm pretty confused by this.  Don't think anyone has been going particularly overboard, just a few people pointing out some positive aspects of recent performances.  But seemingly not allowed unless accompanied by crushing victories.

More the Twitter mob than on here.

We could not avoid relegation last time out because of losing/drawing games that were there to be won.

That was with a better team than we currently possess, but this time round whilst we continue to draw games we are deemed to be play off contenders.

We are very fortunate to have a gem of a loanee in Iversen,If we had to rely on Dickfingers or Zeus then we could realistically be only just above the drop zone.

Frankie and this team need to win almost double the amount of games they do currently to be considered promotion candidates,we have seen nothing to suggest this will happen!

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

We could not avoid relegation last time out because of losing/drawing games that were there to be won.

That was with a better team than we currently possess, but this time round whilst we continue to draw games we are deemed to be play off contenders.

We are very fortunate to have a gem of a loanee in Iversen,If we had to rely on Dickfingers or Zeus then we could realistically be only just above the drop zone.

Frankie and this team need to win almost double the amount of games they do currently to be considered promotion candidates,we have seen nothing to suggest this will happen!

Hopefully the January recruits should improve us?

1 hour ago, OLDHAMADE said:

It means, I have slightly more positivity about the second half of this season (20 odd games) and what it might bring as oppose to what the last 8 games of last season didn't.

In other words, I still think we can go up

I think we’ll need two or three decent players in January and I hope AL can find some till from somewhere to pay for them. Can only hope.