Just now, Bristolatic said:

After the last performances here of the ginger winger, I'd rather not. He's not a fraction of the player he once was.

Did a lot for our shape. A totally different player than the one that left given his legs not being what they were but he'd become quite a clever player who'd clearly been very well drilled & coached at a higher level for several years. 

That was 2 years ago now though anyway... 

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Maybe they are jus delaying until doncaster sells out to make sure it’s mostly Latics fans that get them

If their is one thing that Scholes appoint won't bring it's scores of man United fans turning up at Boundary Park. A few may pop in out of curiosity but we won't see a whopping increase that will only happen if we start winning and those that do come will be Oldham fans.

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If their is one thing that Scholes appoint won't bring it's scores of man United fans turning up at Boundary Park. A few may pop in out of curiosity but we won't see a whopping increase that will only happen if we start winning and those that do come will be Oldham fans.

Surprisingly our popularity amongst ground hoppers might go up and those who travel from the continent to watch United and City who may be looking to take in a game on a Saturday afternoon if they are playing on a Sunday, granted it won't be significant bit they will be there all the same.

I think people may be wrong if they think Scholes holds all the cards and has AL jumping through hoops to please him. AL obviously knows his own mind and how he wants to run the club, yeah Scholes would be a coup for the club. However he wants the job it’s not like we are begging him to apply, I’m sure he will have ask for a few reassurances! But AL can’t magic up extra fund or change his own personality over night. Plus is Scholes bigger than the club....

10 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you really think folk do this? Wouldn't cross my mind to go and watch another team because of who manages.

I will watch a live game if we don't have one, been to Curzon, Ashton Utd, Hyde United, FCUM, Stockport, Harrogate, Glossop  and Salford to name just a few this season, I love any kind of football particularly non league and there are other fans with similar outlooks, obviously it's more of a day out than to support but it's enjoyable all the same.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I think people may be wrong if they think Scholes holds all the cards and has AL jumping through hoops to please him. AL obviously knows his own mind and how he wants to run the club, yeah Scholes would be a coup for the club. However he wants the job it’s not like we are begging him to apply, I’m sure he will have ask for a few reassurances! But AL can’t magic up extra fund or change his own personality over night. Plus is Scholes bigger than the club....

Scholes is a completely different dynamic to the managers we’ve acquired of late.   Bunn was a OAFC “legend” and I suspect Barry influenced this.  Wellens beat Scholes the last time purely due to his purple patch and heart ruled head.  Scholes is recognised worldwide in football terms and spoke of fondly by superstar names when discussing English football.  AL is football-mad and he’s sees this as a coup for him and our club.  Would he jeopardise this?  I’m not saying break the bank but I think he’ll support him financially - or secure extra funding - to try and achieve Scholes’ plans.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you really think folk do this? Wouldn't cross my mind to go and watch another team because of who manages.

I’m not close to the Man Utd supporters in or around Oldham.  However, comparing it to non-league or lower league clubs local to me, the attendances have risen when that club secures a manager or player who played previously for Villa, Blues, Wolves or WBA.  When Bob Taylor signed for Tamworth, the attendance increased purely through local WBA fans attending to watch their old idol play.  If Scholes stars to succeed I can honestly see Man Utd fans attending to see their idol managing and paying much less than attending Old Trafford.  Especially if he secures one or two Man Utd youth or reserve players.

MK tweeting we had a friendly today with Salford and Scholes stayed with Salford the whole game. Don’t see that as a negative personally, if anything it’s a good sign. Bit of a coincidence, we would be playing them. I got the impression, he’s spinning it as a negative. 

4 minutes ago, latics22 said:

MK tweeting we had a friendly today with Salford and Scholes stayed with Salford the whole game. Don’t see that as a negative personally, if anything it’s a good sign. Bit of a coincidence, we would be playing them. I got the impression, he’s spinning it as a negative. 

It gives him.the opportunity to run the rule over our players without having to vacate his role as a Salford owner.

It could be a way around rules on this stopping him taking charge while he still has a stake in Salford.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Struggling to understand why this has took place personally

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

I’m not close to the Man Utd supporters in or around Oldham.  However, comparing it to non-league or lower league clubs local to me, the attendances have risen when that club secures a manager or player who played previously for Villa, Blues, Wolves or WBA.  When Bob Taylor signed for Tamworth, the attendance increased purely through local WBA fans attending to watch their old idol play.  

It was the manager bit I cannot understand. Would happily go and watch a player(s) who I considered good but not to watch a managers team.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Do you really think folk don’t do this?

So yes would be the answer.

19 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I can't see this.

Why would we risk any 1st team players with a game tomorrow?