1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Not sure why everyone is sure Scholes will go tits up. Bowyer is doing a decent job at Charlton. Big Sol seems to have had an impact at Macc, Barton doing an ok job at Fleetwood. Lampard and Gerrard clearly doing very well in different types of clubs.

Bar shez we haven't hired an experienced manager for ages.

No reason why Scholes won't be a success IMO. Done his coaching badges, knows the town and the club, knows a bit more about lower level footy that he did previously, knows the game clearly and will have very good contacts. 

I believe those within the club have been informed he is to be announced, as Keith Laird says there is no smoke without fire. 

What about a smoke machine ...

15 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

We delaying until after the transfer window closes?

Scholes can't interfere with AL's signings if they're already in!

Having been to Dubai a few times, I can confirm that they have phones and WiFi.  Might be one of the reasons why Scholes was one of the first investors buying a piece of Palm Island?  AL may just pop round for a brew!

AL made a number of decisions and financial commitments before he officially owned Latics so I don’t see any reason why Scholes can’t have similar input regarding players prior to being announced as manager.

Maybe Scholes has tickets for the first test in Barbados? The journo who broke this said "Scholes has agreed an 18 month contract to be completed over the next 10 days" another journo said it will be next week just have to chill and wait. 

2 hours ago, singe said:

Nothing promising in this!!
I'm in the longer it takes, the less likely it will happen camp!

Why is that, and who are these people who are so 'in the know' that they can make such statements? I would like to think, given all the press/Twitter/media speculation and coverage, that if Scholes wan't serious about taking the job, he would have said so...publicly and through the news media.

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I was hoping he’d be in the dugout Saturday to give both fans and players a real boost. It’s our most important game of the season and where a win could lead to a huge windfall.

Make Saturday a big thank you to Mr wild instead, latics fan who has had the balls to step up and be counted when all around him was in chaos.

Send him off in style knowing that a new era will begin next week. He will still be part of the club but from a safer position for his own security.

Be the 12th man and push the team over the line. I'm sure he would really love to step down in style ready for his hand over to scholes.

I'm sure if the scholes thing wasn't a goer it would have been leaked or quashed by now. 

Let scholes prepare us for utd in the 5th round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

Make Saturday a big thank you to Mr wild instead, latics fan who has had the balls to step up and be counted when all around him was in chaos.

Send him off in style knowing that a new era will begin next week. He will still be part of the club but from a safer position for his own security.

Be the 12th man and push the team over the line. I'm sure he would really love to step down in style ready for his hand over to scholes.

I'm sure if the scholes thing wasn't a goer it would have been leaked or quashed by now. 

And if we go out and Pete's looking a bit clueless on the sidelines as he was at Macc then all's good? We're a professional football club not a frigging charity. It's bizarre to have Scholes waiting in the wings when this one match is probably worth at least a million (with a bit of luck with the draw) to us if we progress.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And if we go out and Pete's looking a bit clueless on the sidelines as he was at Macc then all's good? We're a professional football club not a frigging charity. It's bizarre to have Scholes waiting in the wings when this one match is probably worth at least a million (with a bit of luck with the draw) to us if we progress.

It can only be concluded as being bizarre if all facts are fully known. 

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Hopefully, the players that let him(Pete Wild) and us (the fans) down badly on Saturday will actually step up to the mark and prove they’re not a shower of s..te after all (but I won’t be holding my breathe) its the very least he deserves and decency to apologise to the fans for the p..s poor performance, which can’t be said about the players !!!!!

Just now, mad4it said:

Hopefully, the players that let him(Pete Wild) and us (the fans) down badly on Saturday will actually step up to the mark and prove they’re not a shower of s..te after all (but I won’t be holding my breathe) its the very least he deserves and decency to apologise to the fans for the p..s poor performance, which can’t be said about the players !!!!!

Macclesfield battered us Saturday and let's be honest the ref did us a favour on more than one occasion, cannot go to Donny with them same personal expecting any sort of result.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Macclesfield battered us Saturday and let's be honest the ref did us a favour on more than one occasion, cannot go to Donny with them same personal expecting any sort of result.

Unfortunately we don't have much in the way of alternative personnel.  At the moment anyway.