I'm beginning to wonder if Scholes has what it takes, intelligence wise,  to become a successful manager. After all you have to have the ability to plan in advance, adapt plans at short / no notice, and to be able to think on your feet in an evolving situation.

So :

(1) l want to manage a football team, other than the one l have a financial interest in 

(2) l have a pound or two in the bank, so can afford access to very switched on legal and accountancy advice, who will have the requirements / procedures nailed down for me

(3) In view of above, l could do a certain amount of forward planning / approach work so that in the event of a position being offered to me that l wanted to take, l could immediately put in motion whatever was needed to meet FA (or whoever) criteria - this should have been worked out months ago

or

(4 )I sit on my hands and the  whole requirement comes as a complete surprise to me, when offered a position ( which to be honest, looks like the most likely). 

5 minutes ago, parigby said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Scholes has what it takes, intelligence wise,  to become a successful manager. After all you have to have the ability to plan in advance, adapt plans at short / no notice, and to be able to think on your feet in an evolving situation.

So :

(1) l want to manage a football team, other than the one l have a financial interest in 

(2) l have a pound or two in the bank, so can afford access to very switched on legal and accountancy advice, who will have the requirements / procedures nailed down for me

(3) In view of above, l could do a certain amount of forward planning / approach work so that in the event of a position being offered to me that l wanted to take, l could immediately put in motion whatever was needed to meet FA (or whoever) criteria - this should have been worked out months ago

or

(4 )I sit on my hands and the  whole requirement comes as a complete surprise to me, when offered a position ( which to be honest, looks like the most likely). 

A very logical argument, although in Scholes’ defence he has had other things on his mind lately

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/paul-scholes-arron-pub-attack-15671359

1 hour ago, parigby said:

So :

or

(5) Go to a few Latics games while laughing me bollocks off at the ridiculous pantomine playing out about me supposed to be interested in managing OAFC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

That sounds like Hotel California.

If he sells the shares outside his family then the FA cannot reasonably have any issue with it. 

If the FA/EFL believed that Scholes could have influence with the others about his investment then they easily could. It's easy to see why they think that is the case., and why they'd make us and them more at risk of legal action in certain circumstances. 

If it wasn't the case, he'd have been manager weeks ago. 

Edited by singe

8 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Jesus if he really wants the job, get rid of the shares if not, I don’t want him managing my team !

Must admit, that's pretty much the way I see it. If he is to be our manager we should be his only footballing concern. If he doesn't see it like that, we should be looking elsewhere.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

It’s dragging like crazy, guess we gave up this year

Remember the year Corney sold LJ to Barnsley and gave up trying to get in the Championship by appointing Dean Holden to the end of the season. Heady times.

Edited by lookersstandandy

33 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Our owner (well sort of owner) and his brother are football agents which is apparently not allowed so what on earth is wrong with our manager having interests in other clubs? 😊

They’re no longer agents...they had to give that up (or at least AL did I don’t know about his brother) to take over the club. Sorting that was what caused the take over to drag on so long in the end. 

29 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Remember the year Corney sold LJ to Barnsley and gave up trying to get in the Championship by appointing Dean Holden to the end of the season. Heady times.

Bazza been back in AL ear ? Listen guv can we really afford to be going up to league one ? We are still trying to pay the loan back you took out for your French geezers last season. Plus its stil shit in league one and I’ve done most of them stadiums now. 

Joey Barton & Big Sam on Talk Sport this morning, giving it large about the lack of opportunity given to English/British coaches/managers - which incidentally I agree with - however,

Big Sam has just used us as an example to highlight his point, “Oldham have just sacked a Dutch coach. I mean if Oldham have got a Dutch coach what is the world coming to”.

Barton, “It was Frankie Bunn”

Big Sam, “Was it? Oh”

:lol:

Get a foreign coach in Lemmy. Fook em.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Joey Barton & Big Sam on Talk Sport this morning, giving it large about the lack of opportunity given to English/British coaches/managers - which incidentally I agree with - however,

Big Sam has just used us as an example to highlight his point, “Oldham have just sacked a Dutch coach. I mean if Oldham have got a Dutch coach what is the world coming to”.

Big Sam, “Was it? Oh”

He meant Frankie Van Bunn.😁

21 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Big Sam, “Was it? Oh”

The only Dutch coach  sacked was the Sheff Weds coach.  🙄
Only 5 of the 30 managers since August sacked have been foreign. Big Sam is a bit of a knob isn't he.

Maybe it's our fault though, making it really difficult to recruit Engliash managers like Scholes....

Edited by singe

53 minutes ago, singe said:

The only Dutch coach  sacked was the Sheff Weds coach.  🙄
Only 5 of the 30 managers since August sacked have been foreign. Big Sam is a bit of a knob isn't he.

Maybe it's our fault though, making it really difficult to recruit Engliash managers like Scholes....

Bloody foreigners. Coming over here, keeping our jobs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, parigby said:

Reckon he did that through 20 years of top flight football.

17 hours ago, parigby said:

Gerrard and Lampard went into clubs with a decent infrastructure already in place on and off the pitch and, as a result, can probably choose to what extent they want to be hands on and involved off the pitch or just concentrate on coaching & managing. 

While I wouldn't question his intelligence as you have he does strike me as less likely than many to be the type who could, or would want to, muck in in the various ways he'll have to here. 

David Dunn makes it sound like a nightmare in his Undr the Cosh podcast and I think we all perceive it to be even worse now, somehow. 

Edited by HarryBosch